Why did niggers based jazz so heavily on white music? Don't they have a culture of their own to create their own genres?

Why did niggers based jazz so heavily on white music? Don't they have a culture of their own to create their own genres?

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/html/1202.4212v1
genographic.nationalgeographic.com/about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Scales and triads aren't western, but concepts that can be inherently derived from science. Come up with new bait new time.

Sup Forums

>derived from science

Pythagoras pls leave

You do realise black people who were forcefully relocated in the Americas have completely lost their original roots and culture over time right? So no, in a way they don't actually have their original culture, it was lost. African American culture is something that started evolving not so long ago.
Also white musicians based their music on jazz and blues too so whatever.
Stop using my boi Debussy for your misinformed Sup Forums garbage and weak bait.

Jazz harmony is heavily based on impressionism. The blue chords come from Debussy.

No one person (certainly not Debussy) invented jazz. It was a spontaneous occurrence.

Yeah and impressionism is based on expanding Western harmonic structures by incorporating Asian and other non-European scales and practices.

arxiv.org/html/1202.4212v1

Science, my boys. Also that Ravel comparison in particular is dumb as fuck considering Ravel himself was inspired by jazz music on works that sound jazzy.

tl;dr gimme a quick rundown

Explain me how does minor mode comes from harmonic series then.

>enslaves people and forcefully relocates them to another continent where they must work for free and worship their oppressors god
>why dont you have any culture of your own you stupid nigger?

Stop talking sense.

>sold to jews by their own kangs
>brought into an actual civilization
>"we should remember all the cool stuff from africa my fellow niggas"

That texts looks like a fringe theory, like those of BachScholar or the supposed "Bach tuning" from WTC.

>enslaves people and forcefully relocates them to another continent where they must work for free and worship their oppressors god

That is wrong, though. They were enslaved for centuries by their own kin. And they did not work for free, they had shelter and food.

>whole tone scale
>asian

Nice bait.

Yeah they obviously only used the whole tone scale you fucking retard

Also
>The rāga Sahera in Hindustani classical music uses the same intervals as the whole tone scale.

And impressionist composers got their octatonic and pentatonic scales from eastern and middle eastern Asia.
Exoticism was a thing in Paris And Russia for a while.

Theory cuz a bunch of physics and math. Not theory cuz muh Greeks or God or w/e.
Read the entire 3.4 section in the thing I linked. Then read other bits as needed.

>haha it's okay fellas we now live in an OBJECTIVELY better place despite the fact that we are treated as filth and not actually human it's okay we don't need our culture in which we were born and raised because it's "savage" lol it's okay no problem thanks guy we'll definitely be slaves even though we might as well just die

>slavery is a good thing guys I swear it's okay because they did it too so we might as well do it also it's okay you live a better life now

>implying that the whole tone scale didn't existed in pre debussian music

So do prisoners now, the difference being one was convicted of doing something wrong and and the other was bought.

>inb4 implying they weren't convicted of being a nignog

Yup, this thread will become a Sup Forumsshit cesspool, I can feel it

The fact of the matter is that they were sold and relocated (irrelevant whose fault it was) and over time, generation by generation, they lost their own identity, roots and culture. It's not exactly pretty.

Not really. Those things aren't based in actual science nor math. It's basically a more in-depth explanation on the process of an equal temperament system's use of frequency intervals/ratios which allows it to derive scales as well.

What's wrong with the Greeks and God again?

Well yeah... it did. Renaissance and Hindu music. Impressionism definitely borrows from Asian music, you must be a complete and utter moron not to understand that. And impressionism isn't just lol whole scale and nothing else.

>Not theory cuz muh Greeks or God or w/e.
I don't remember read any book of music theory trying to justify things on "muh god" or "muh greeks"
They justify themselves saying that "its the way they did in the past"
Granted, I have only read texts from last century. I know that the theoricians tried to justify their observations on the music of their times with more "methaphysical" ones instead of sayin "Hey, that's the way these composers did, we don't know why it sounds good to us, but that's the way they did it"

don't call black people niggers it's mean

>white people
>enslaving anyone
white people bought slaves from black people or arabs who did the enslaving
Jesus Christ why do people who are so completely and utterly ignorant of history act like they know what they are talking about? i bet $100 you've never even attempted to research the subject yet hear you are pretending to be an authority on it

>why did musicians make music based on the music before them

lol

It's not scientific, and pointless to mention except only from a historical perspective (in terms of what I mean by Greeks.)
>They justify themselves saying that "its the way they did in the past"
That's what I was getting at when I said Greeks. When I said God I meant that dumb metaphysical shit.

Hitler didn't do anything wrong, he wanted to save the Jews from... uhh... the Jews themselves who were really evil and uhhh... NIGGERS! White people dindu nothing wrong ever I swear guys. It's okay because if someone else does bad things, you can do them too and it's okay.

>that dumb metaphysical shit

>hitler
Okey, this thread went to the shitter

Why is it that when two races do something wrong only whites are to blame, then?

>muh science
Go ruin other passion

You buy slaves to enslave them for yourself, dumbass.

The absolute state of leftist memeing.

It's the current trend in academia.

>The fact of the matter is that they were sold and relocated (irrelevant whose fault it was)

Wasn't for their own people enslaving them, there probably wouldn't be any black slavery. Just consider indians example.

>haha it's okay fellas we now live in an OBJECTIVELY better place despite the fact that we are treated as filth and not actually human it's okay we don't need our culture in which we were born and raised because it's "savage" lol it's okay no problem thanks guy we'll definitely be slaves even though we might as well just die
go back to africa then

no one is holding you back

>white people didn't enslave people they just participated in slave trade
great point you dumbass Sup Forumsnigger. kys

you dont know what the word enslave means

>le science ruins passion!
>being too much of a brainlet to want to understand WHY things work
I'll never get this.
Doesn't really help explain anything, it only helps seemingly give a pretty explanation.

They were at that time

>buying slaves is the same thing as hunting people down and enslaving them
are you pretending to be retarded?

Literally who is saying this apart from spoiled college students and Buzzfeed and shit like that? This is such a fucking American mentality, it's always black vs. white with you faggots, you don't live in the real fucking world.

Found the Sup Forumstard.

FUCK YOUR MOTHER'S CUNT WITH A LAWNMOWER ON TURBO FUCKFACE

>anime
You crossdress and think a lot about BBC don't you, whiteboi?

MOTHERFUCKING CUNT!

Its aesthetical reflexion. But yes its not an scientific explanation.
Music theory isn't science tough. All these attempts to try to scientify this thing become a bit supicious for me because of that.
Remember Cory Hall and his futile attempts to prove that there was a scientific relationship between some ratios in Bach pieces to determine the tempo he supossedly used.

Yeah no honey, that's not how this works. You can't "go back".

If you're participating you are just spinning the wheels further. Nobody is not blaming the kangs who sold them but to say the colonists who bought them are any better is pretty hilarious.

>"To make a slave of"
You know you can buy a slave and free them, and you can also buy a slave and continue enslaving them.

You just never want to play defense because you know it's trash.

so what's keeping you from going back to africa now?

sudan, congo, zimbabwe are all free of colonial whiteys, a dream come true. go home black man

>Music theory isn't science tough.
This. They tried doing that shit in the 19th century and before that in the Renaissance and before that in the early medieval period and before that ancient Greeks... it didn't work and it never will.

I'm other user, not him

FUCK YOU TOO UP THE ASS WITH A BROKEN BASEBALL BAT CUNT

who are you? reveal your identity, coward

You are truly braindead, right? You do realise these people aren't African anymore and haven't been for generations because they've lost all traces of their own original culture? You cannot go back home if you don't know where your home is nor do I think anyone would actually want to because it's not worth it. Some American shitholes are just as bad as Africa lmao

>Music theory isn't science tough. All these attempts to try to scientify this thing become a bit supicious for me because of that.
Theory itself as an analytical tool isn't inherently scientific. But things like the equal temperament system which help us determine notes are literally based in science and math.
>Remember Cory Hall and his futile attempts to prove that there was a scientific relationship between some ratios in Bach pieces to determine the tempo he supossedly used.
But this was never proven, just some hack. The link I posted has been scientific/mathematical knowledge elated to music for a long time. We have used interval ratios for example for a long time.

when you buy them they are already slaves, you arent taking a free man and turning them into a slave, they are continuing their already established role

like i said you must seriously be pretending to be retarded

>so why dont they just go home?
>people actually "think" like this

fuck black people from being inspired by the cutting edge in terms of art at that time I guess ? try harder

You are aware that most jazzists were taking inspiration from african music too, right? frankly, your complain is very stupid
Also, what's wrong if they took influence on music created by whites? frankly, your

>the equal temperament system which help us determine notes are literally based in science and math
Explain this. How is it literally based in science and maths? Determine notes how and why? It's literally splitting the octave into 12 equal parts.

So you are saying they can't go home because they have a better and safer culture here in the americas?

Americans can move to Europe and feel European again. Why can't African-Americans feel African on their home soil?

>arxiv

>it didn't work
Oh you mean the equal temperament system didn't work? Pitch ratios aren't used to determine intervals? Is this serious? Are you trying to troll?

Why don't you go back home whitey, America is the Native Indian homeland

>

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT TO KNOW FUCKFACE?

>implying
It has been proven that white people used to live in this lands long before the "natives" I guess you lose again human filth.

They can't go home because America is their home you fucking moron. Why don't you go back home to Europe or wherever the fuck you are from (if you're American) because America is Indian?

>Americans can move to Europe and feel European again
HAHAHAHAH yeah sure man. I'm sure you Amerimutt would feel "European" in these parts as if "European" was some sort of homogeneous thing

because theres like 10 indians left in the entire continent and all they need is a bus station to loiter at and beg for cigarettes

He's saying that they don't see Africa or themselves as Africans because their generations have been in America so long that they see themselves as Americans, just as many white people, asian people, latinamerican people who live in the USA do.

Equal parts of what? How do you determine the octave? I can't believe I have to argue this. Dude for fucks sake just google equal temperament, you've been making assumptions without actually reading the work and I don't feel like humoring you or spoonfeeding you anymore.

Source me on that homie

>
You would "feel European" yeah sure lmao you have no fucking connection to European cultures you American filth

It's not their home. Whites made a home of America. What did the blacks do?

actually sweetie native americans all came to america from siberia so it doesn't belong to them either

>Americans can move to Europe and feel European again. Why can't African-Americans feel African on their home soil?

>just google it dude
Yeah okay buddy, you know what you're talking about. Sorry for disturbing you.

I wanna give you a kiss on the lips

He isn't saying anything new then. Theorist have been talking about ratios and relationships for millenia.
>But things like the equal temperament system
Wait, wait, wait.
Is he basing his ideas on equal temperament?
Does he knows that there is more temperaments than equal?
Hell, until the industrial revolution (or worse, until XX century) the tunings systems in europe were not standard. A city could use Valloti and another could be using Kirnberger for their keyboards alone.

>What did the blacks do?
They were forcefully relocated to America. They didn't ask for it. God damn you Sup Forumstards live under a fucking rock, go outside.

Actually we all came from Africa so we are literally all Africans.

>tfw colonization of Africa was just white people going back to their historical homelands

>tfw we wuz kangz

So your argument now is that they didn't start it, they just bought into the trade.
You do realize that slaveowners in the past were responsible for continuing said role, correct?

Which meant continuing enslavement, which means they enslaved too. You are arguing over semantics now and it's weak as shit.

>They were forcefully relocated to America. They didn't ask for it

Okay, but that gave them better lives. No reason to complain.

>Actually we all came from Africa so we are literally all Africans

That is wrong. We all came from Europe.

This. I'll guess we need to go back, right?

lmao youre still blatantly ignoring the point

why are you so bent on being willfully ignorant? what exactly compels you to act this way? who hurt you?

No he isn't. I literally said multiple times this is not anything new, I just posted a very detailed take on what's otherwise pretty old knowledge.
>basing ideas on ET
Nope. 12-TET isn't the baseline, it's one of the conclusions.

>Okay, but that gave them better lives. No reason to complain.
It depends. That's too vague of a statement. Might need a source on that, buddy. Otherwise we are going to have to agree that if you're forcefully relocated hundreds of miles away from your home as a slave, it's not exactly a better life.

>That is wrong. We all came from Europe.
Gonna need a source for that one, friend.
genographic.nationalgeographic.com/about/

oh they bought them? bought them and shipped them back to america as part of the trade triangle? oh buying people like a comodity is fine i guess.

nice ad hominem

if an alien race enslaved you and your kids so that your future descendants were better off would you think that was okay?

>t.faggot

>Okay, but that gave them better lives. No reason to complain.

Yeah it's fine if I was just now captured and then sold and forcefully moved to Switzerland, being forced to work somewhere and having absolutely no contact with my friends or family that'd be juts fine.