T. Frazier 3B
Bird 1B

T H I C K
H
I
C
K

T H I C K

is cc going to throw a perfect game tonight?

>le soft contact man
No, too many bloop singles will happen

Game isn't gonna happen

>ESPN game
>No Boone or Mendoza
What a fucking waste of an ESPN slot, I'm going to watch it on mute now.

for those still here.. first pitch scheduled for 8:10

nice ty

So now that it's confirmed that baseball wunderkind TY pulls the strings for the Yankees, what can I expect to happen during this game?

Damn, Meredith looks thick and soft tonight.

I wonder if his ghost is doing some Angels in the Outfield shit

>it's a CC loses because of soft contact start

welp..

>4 pitches
>bases already loaded

Not even gonna bother watching the rest if CC doesn't get out of this alive. I can already tell what kind of night it is. Turning Jurassic Park instead.

Sabathia never has a good game when it's televised nationally.

did you forget the last game he pitches against the red sox?

>5 batters
>10 pitches

game 5 orioles yankees 2012 alds game

well that inning could have been way worse

Altuve or Judge for MVP? Also can someone explain to me why people are acting like it's not even close and altuve has it in the bag?

Yeah that was the last time he was sabathia. Maybe they should've pulled him in the 7th that night.

>muh batting average

now I know you're trolling. nice convo

if judge goes on a tear in these next couple weeks to leave a good impression i think he could have a chance to win MVP. a lot of people only look at WAR and that may be why they think altuve has it in the bag

Is joking considered trolling now?

Is joking consider trolling now?

Judge is at 6.6 Altuve 6.9. Not that big of a dif

baseball ref has altuve with a 7.8 WAR compared to Judges 6.6

I hate WAR just on the principal of shit like this

Idk it's not a stat I look at much. ESPN guys said 6.9

judge has a better OBP and SLG so his OPS is at .999 while Altuves OPS is .965. But they gave Altuve a better OPS+ than judge since its "adjusted to players ballparks"

Min pitcher doesn't look that great tonight. If sabathia can hold his shit together the yanks should have this one.

Come on Yankees

Altuve has significant leads on him in WAR, and OPS+
Trout is above Judge in OPS.
Judge is a three true outcome slugger and for him to win the MVP over well rounded contact hitters like Altuve, Trout, JRam he has to be above them significantly in advanced stats to make up for putting the ball in play a lot less and striking out a lot.

They need to come up with a definitive method of picking these awards or just do away with them altogether.

3 true outcome doesn't necessarily mean they aren't good contact hitter. Trout is technically considered to be a 3 true outcome hitter, people just forget how much he strikes out.

i think OPS+ is a meme because its "adjusted to players ballparks" which just comes across as an autist putting in the conditions he deems fair

there's angels fans on Sup Forums ??

Yes, we have threads almost every day

The whole process is a meme lately. Rather than looking for the right answer, they sperg out trying to find the most clever answer.

HERE WE GO

Good job by the Mexican hitter there

GRIT

Dammit, Sabathia. Get it together.

Fucking Captain Crunch gives it back on one pitch

I really feel like tanaka can take on this lineup since he's been mostly good this 2nd half.. but no, we have to fucking throw sevy out there.. fuck is girardi doing? we're going to lose this game tonight?

The Yankees will hit a walk-off home run to win this game. It'll be of the bat off Didi.

Well, Trout is hitting .315 and only about 1/3 of his hits are HR. He also steals bases well and plays +++ defense in the 3rd most important position, so he's not JUST a three true outcome slugger.

hello Yankee friends

are you guys Jets or Giants fans?

jets

>and plays +++ defense
Let's not get too carried away here. He had one good defensive season.

I can't wait until fatman retires or the marlins sign him

you now remember 2015

:(

Im sorry bros. At least your team has a ring

You mean the wildcard game? I'd take severino over Tanaka. Right now anyways.

i meant only about 1/4 of his hits are HR. Judge is close to 1/3.

Sabathia is gonna get it together. Cg shutout. Cap this post.

Yeah unfortunately he's not a great defender anymore. Seems to have lost some speed out there. Still above average though

no no, binder is throwing sevy tomorrow and not tanaka... I want sevy hidden until we possibly face the twins in the wildcard.. fuck is he thinking?

>shutout
is there a way he can erase 2 runs from the scoreboard or?

Not a shutout. A complete game shutout. 2 different things. Try and keep up.

>Still above average
>Hasn't put up a UZR at CF greater than 1 since 2012
>Has put up a negative UZR 3 of the last 4 seasons

"a shutout (denoted statistically as ShO or SHO[1]), also known as a complete-game shutout,[2] refers to the act by which a single pitcher pitches a complete game and does not allow the opposing team to score a run"
oh i didnt know sorry

From what I've read it's because he's plays super dep in CF. More home run robberies, but lots more balls dropping in front of him.

didi is elite

Doesn't matter, both teams are garbage this season.

THIS JUST IN: DIDI IS INDEED ELITE

So the opposite of Tris Speaker depth

Not a normal Cg shutout, but rather one based around war and ops. Do you even watch baseball?

what kind of conditions are these based off of?

Gordon broke the hr record. Guess he was worth 70 mil after all

Holy shit dude just go back to Sup Forums

>nyy ball boy tosses foul ball to rotten egg roastie instead of kids
What a fag

why is it so expensive to live in NYC proper? how do so many black people and Mexicans live there if its so pricey?

keep todd around in some form. i dont know how exactly but he was well worth trading for le 6era clipman

Packing 4 families in 1 apartment

Are there a lot of Mexicans in NYC now? I didn't think they had made it that far northeast, yet. I know when I live in Connecticut (91-96), the PR's didn't know what a Mexican was. They thought I was Chinese

CHIEF

>CENTERFIELD, JOE.

/ f a s t /

why are they spending this much time on Buxton who told them to do this

Black lives matter. Quit bein raciss

your racist for thinking im racist

Buxton is a sublime talent and is finally good this year but hes not Trout or Harper hes barely a star

>another Jose Berrios collapse

get this taco nigger out of here, he makes Michael Pineda look like Red Sox Roger Clemens

GRIT

HAHA TIME FOR RISP

def not a yankee fan for saying this... pineda has made me more pissed off than any pitcher (except burnett) in recent memory..

GRIT

Gardner really deserves more attention than he gets. Outside the bubble of yankee fans I mean.

so much wasted potential...

Gardner
Really
Is
Trouble

>Buxton is a sublime talent
dictionary that word, would you please

>Burnett
Man, my dad hated AJ. He'd call me out of the blue during the day just to vent about him.

SLIGHTLY JUDGED

fuck yeah

American ska-punk band from Long Beach that formed in 1988. What's your point?