Did you play WoW and was it popular in your country?

did you play WoW and was it popular in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNstdF54ypo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deep..

I still play it lol I was too young when it first came out but my older brother let me muck around on his account and he bought me the game when burning crusade came out good memories we use to fight for computer time.

what happen? ;__;

yes played for years with on and off times, pretty off past 2 exp packs though

it started to be more popular recently.

they all died.

man, that image is really sad
i spend my teenage years with wow, i was a nightelf hunter

Yes
Yes, even think there were faroese raiding guilds.

Yeah, most Swedish guys played WoW at some point. I started off as a night elf female hunter and played it for 1-2 years. I remember getting that epic hunter bow, Rhok'Delar - that was some crazy shit.

Vanilla WoW was the most fun I've ever had in a game, it was absolutely fantastic. I dont think it was better than TBC or WOTLK but it was new and more exciting in Vanilla, which made it more fun.

Legion's pretty fun honestly, tons of my friends came back for it. I miss my old stuff though, since I lost the account I had as a kid.

most people quit and moved on with their lives but that one guy

>tfw lost all my friends or they didn't come back for Legion so I just quit for good

who gave you the permission to hit my feels?

>female
fucking tranny

Yes.

I quit playing 6 months ago now just playing on a private server

I played it regularly from early-mid 2006 to about 2012.

This. In Sweden, even normies and chads played WoW all the time. That and CS 1.6.

I just wanted to say that when i was a teenager, i was really impressed that a mainstream swedish singer would sing about dota

>wow
garbage tier game for morons

played a couple hours on my friend's account once. Never quite got the appeal especially for the monthly fee

had a lot better of a time exploring LOTRO and Guild Wars

I played heavily between when BC was released and sometime around 2010-2011 i more or less stopped playing.

That game was so much fucking fun back in the day but the time for MMOs has long since come and gone.

>MMOs has long since come and gone

the work that goes into Star Citizen makes it look pretty damn neat. I don't have a gaming PC or even a desktop anymore so I wouldn't ever play it but the tech vids look cool

star citizen is not a good example

Does someone play on Kazzak realm?

I never played WOW, nor any MMORPG whatsoever. I played Diablo 2&3 a lot, though.

I guess it was quite popular.

I played WoW for around 9 years, easily my favorite game and one of the best games ever created. I spent a lot of my teenage and early twenties years owning some face man.

Wrath of the Lich King is my favorite expansion, had so much fucking fun exploring Northern, PvPing and raiding man.

Such a legendary game.

But yeah OP, your picture takes me back to some very fond memories.

True story bro, vanilla WoW was so good.

I look forward to hooking my computer up when i get back from Mexico and playing WoW again.

Yeah and what game was even remotely better? WoW was so good ma, many people spent a lot of their childhood having fun with their friends in WoW bro.

It was popular among my friends which sucked because I thought it was terrible, so I had fewer people to play multiplayer games with. I disliked it when it was released, and none of the expansions etc. improved it in any way. MMO is a cancerous genre.

You obviously were not good at the game then. World of Warcraft is one of the best games ever made.

>didn't like it
>lol u werent good at it

it's a fucking RPG MMO you can't be bad at it you fucktard

I played guild wars 1.

the game itself is crap, the appeal for people (ie normies and semi-normies) is social interaction

Everything else about MMOs suck, it sacrifices things like gameplay, graphics, features etc. for the sake of making it an online game. Even the storyline is the most super generic fantasy drivel and the visual design is straight outta Warhammer.

but no
>muh raids
>muh epic gear

it was popular among losers

Don't you dare start dissing Warhammer now. I recognize your flag and Denmark isn't that large a place that I couldn't find you and stuff those shitty opinions about Game of Thrones down your throat with some cottage cheese.

Guild Wars 1 was pretty good, never played the second but it doesn't look bad either

Combat wasn't great and could be kind of repetitive but the world was really interesting and fun to explore, some spots were pretty cozy too

I love Warhammer but I rip on WoW for being generic and not coming up with an original design.

In Poland the normie trifecta was

HoMM3 - CS 1.6 - Gothic series

god I miss these times.

The second one is good from a gameplay perspective but it just didn't feel the same. Once I levelled up I lost interest in GW2.

The kurzick area in guild wars factions was comfy as hell

Yes, tho only ever private server.

Nope but I played RuneScape 12 hours a day. During summer holidays I sometimes even played for 24 hours straight, slept for 6 hours and played another 24 hours until I crashed. Fuck that game was addicting.

No
No, not even among fucking nerds

Fucking nerd

I played Lineage 2

WoW is the best game and especially the best MMO of all time. Get over it.

There, played this for like a week in '05 can't believe it still exists

Hmmmmm, Yanks ripping of both Tolkien and Warhammer. They love to steal great British things don't they.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNstdF54ypo

Even after all these years, I can still hear this.

I thought about playing again for the legion expansion but my fear is that members of my former guild will try to persuade me to go raiding with them again and I don't wanna. Its too time consuming.

RIP in peace, Warhammer :,(

That same guy had a HUGE hit in Sweden about a ventrilo bot.

Some of my friends have invited me to start playing the board game again, 9th Age, I'm probably gonna do it. I've been out of it for a long time but as far as I understand it's being kept alive by the community after GW went full retard.

>straight out of Warhammer

This is some triple fucking heresy. Don't compare the shitstain that is warcraft aesthetics with the based grimdark awesomesauce of Warhammer fantasy battles you fucking norgeturd.

Warhammer, though awesome, was just an over the top version of every single fantasy triple in existence. Apart from the Skaven.

>playing as night elves and not as blood elves

WoW is for bitch boys. DMT is for white men.

That's an understatement. Right when Total War: Warhammer was coming out, these fuckos throw the old setting into bin and create a mess that makes WoW look original and balanced. The rules were rewritten from scratch into embarrassingly simple way and pretty much nobody touched them for a year until new management managed to push out a patch a year later. Oh yeah, and art is SHIT! Like pic related is far from the worst offenders.

i only started playing it recently, and im playing quite an old version and its one of the ugliest and most boring MMORPGS ive ever played, but fair for 2005

>that artwork
holy moly

You've seen nothing yet. The maps are especially bad.

WoW WC3 AOEII Dota CS 1.6 Battlefield 2 alot of other strategy games too
Pretty much the best memories of gaming I have.

I did. my guild was full of scandis and dutch mainly