Does Sup Forums like The Beatles?

Does Sup Forums like The Beatles?

They don't deserve to get so much attention, they're alright at best

no. but their songwriting and composition approaches actual genius at some points.

Sup Forums loves the Beatles. Are the countless "comfy Beatles" threads and RAMposting not enough evidence?

greatest band of all time

They are my favorite band too

YES!

True if big

Who doesn't other than contrarians

They're interesting. They're composition is actually pretty close to classical music, they used a lot of secondary harmonizations, 6th chords, and overall a lot fucky chord progressions that you would honestly expect to see in something like a Bach choral.

Culturally, they were lightening in a bottle. Right group, right time, right message, and boom there they went. Changing music and culture all around the world and influencing people like never before.

However, I don't really like them all that much.

those are pseuds. common rabble, you know. of course it appeals to the rabble. but not to the musical intelligentsia. the musical intelligentsia would sit and READ the beatles music, but would not LISTEN to it.

People who say they don't must be trying so hard, and I'm not saying you have to like them, it's just I've never come across someone who couldn't find something they liked.
They're just a wonderful success story, and they just put me in a great mood

amen, the diversity, the experimentation yet constant distinction... you remember near on everything you hear
simply the best

OP here.

I was being facetious but never really visit Sup Forums so also was curious.

I've listened to them ofc before, but finally sat down and listened to their In Mono set from start to finish.
My gosh, they're BRILLIANT. Extremely varied and polished. Sure, not every song is 100% but most music, considering how big the library is, is phenomenal.

Never listened to a Beatles album until recently. Listened to Rubber Soul and Sgt Pepper's and both were pretty enjoyable, guess I'll listen to Revolver next.

This but unironically

Yeah, but Wings are better.

I’m a normie when it comes to The Beatles and I listened to sgt pepper for the first time a couple weeks ago and I was pretty impressed. Some tracks I didn’t like or was meh to but others like “she’s leaving home” and “lovely Rita” are really beautiful. Must of been a mind blowing album back then.

The mere fact that you would ask such a bold question says, to me, that you are a forward thinker. Most of the world goes through life staring at their phones, waiting for the bus, waiting for the world to tell them where to go, what to think, how to be. They are all manufactured, carbon-copied shells of existence. Like this, buy that, enjoy this. 99.9999999999 infinitely recurring humans on this sick, twisted Earth just consume and want to be informed as to what the zeitgeist is, what they should be conforming to - but not you, man. Does Sup Forums like that Beatles? That small 60s band that made a few records? Statistically probable. They also probably watch the Bachelor, eat fibre and go to the gym. Does Sup Forums like the Beatles? They probably study their discography, read acclaimed reviews, study the polemics, so they can "categorically" destroy anyone who tries to say otherwise. They learn how to be excellent slaves. They never question their shackles; they are Lennon-loving, McCartney-eating sheep who post on anonymous forums online asking strangers to validate their music tastes. Not you, and not me, bro. We break the mould.
Do I like the Beatles? Abbey Road was alright.

kys

this desu senpai

Go outside

I bet you have a soft and very small pinkish white penis.

So many tracks you can't help but love something from them. They just make me happy as fuck when I listen to them. The story is great too. 12 albums in 8 years? Nobody will do that shit again in terms of acclaim/commercial success. Even the whole mystique around the band like the Paul is dead shit, all brilliant. Beatles mythos is fantastic.

never actually sat down and listened to them
feel like the whole "greatest band ever" hype might cause disappointment

They are unironically the best band of all time

I felt the same way too.

Then I tried the White Album [[terrible intro album to them]] and found it too tedious to enjoy.

Then later I randomly tried Abbey Road while high on LSD.

Bang. It was like when the apple hit Isaac Newton on the head. Who were these crazy music prophets?

Then I got into their entire discography.

Early, middle, late, Beatles are 100% solid everywhere.

I bet you press your toes against the drawers in front of you when you wash the dishes, faggot. And when people ask you what kind of music you listen to you say, "Everything", or, "a bit of everything", or some iteration of this vague, leading question that someone only asked to maintain momentum in a conversation but you interpreted as a free pass to publicly display your cultural breadth.
It is small and soft, but it's black.

yes

The first couple of sentences made me sure this was a copypasta and I was shocked when you actually started talking about Sup Forums and the Beatles.