youtube.com/watch?v=jNRlZPf2nos
youtube.com/watch?v=avGamJ3_9GI
youtube.com/watch?v=pLlkyBMSPX8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BBC_children's_television_programmes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not anymore.

They're all shit.

>I don't know what 'was' means

It had My Parents are Aleins, and Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids.

Why was a children's show about children being killed in horrific ways allowed?

It was alright, I remember Art Attack.

Never heard of the brothers Grimm lad?

>Digimon
>Pokemon
>Cardcaptors
>Yu-Gi-Oh

CITV actually got me into anime

CITV didn't have Chucklevision or Young Dracula, what was the point?

CBBC had superior anime

So everyone remembers that CITV show "It's a Mystery," right? There was another show, I believe on CITV, that I remember was just called "Mysteries" and was hosted by a guy and girl duo. Like "It's a Mystery" it showed three different "weird" stories. Does anyone remember this or did I dream it up, or maybe misremember a later version of "It's a Mystery"?

Also did those shows creep anyone else out as a kid?

I remember that show.

It was just shorted to Mysteries later on.

Which channel had these guys?

You get away with more in books though. I mean I remember in GTFGK some girl was boiled alive because she mistreated a lobster (and was a general cunt).

Ah I see, i always wondered why when I googled "CITV Mysteries" it only turned up "It's a Mystery."

Speaking of, I can only really remember two distinct episodes of "It's a Mystery" and one of the later "Mysteries" and looked up "It's a Mystery" on YouTube, clicked the first episode that appeared, and lo and behold it was one of the three I was thinking of.

Do I have magic powers or is it just a coincidence? Well, it's a mystery.

this is true

youtube.com/watch?v=ERpK-7K70ws

also rich little twats who had Sky are NOT welcome in this thread

That was CBBC. I still remember the fucking theme song I hate it

Let's be fair here, you loved going to your mates house to see some Courage and Grim Adventures.

I liked going to my nan's house to watch Sonic Tbh

SM:TV was the greatest

>those brand now episodes of Pokemon

GOAT

>Green mist fills hte air, the book can take them anywhere
Unaccepatble, it was kidkino.

My gran didn't pay for full Sky at times so I had to settle for that Mario TV show.

>Cardcaptors

THE SECRETS OF THE CLOW

MR LEE MR LEE MR LEE
MR LEE MR LEE
MR LEE MR LEE MR LEE

>CITV actually got me into anime

and look where that got you

you're a fuckin mess

Why did they have Cardcaptors?
Only in retrospect did I realise what a creepy show that was... Surprised BBC didn't get it

youtube.com/watch?v=2CnBn0BdQ9M

CBBC had Dick and Dom which was actually funnier than I remember

Alright lads, be serious now.

Does ANYBODY remember a show on CITV called RATS TALES?

Not him, but you've also ended up inside the same shithole as him and I.

Cheap as chips, those localised animes were a dime and fucking dozen.

And the actual Japanese version is even more messed then the localised one.

this was art
youtu.be/QtbWuYEp_eU

youtube.com/watch?v=RxeTWZJjTkE

how the FUCK did Dick & Dom deal with those fucking kids

literally where did they find these wronguns

I know the show was all about mischief but these kids without their parents were just the littlest cunts

like at 0:55 where that girl is wiping shit on Dom's arm, if that was me I would have chinned her

there's another clip where they do a crystal maze parody and the kid keeps fucking with the host, you can tell he's visibly annoyed

Yeah, shame they left the show hanging

Hold shit nostalgia. Apparently this was meant for deaf kids too

Projecting much?

This show was pure autism

That sounds familiar - do you have a link?

I still rememebr the Big Bother episode of Basil Brush. Mr. Stephen always got nice neighbours.

youtube.com/watch?v=JCqoXCLECuM

imdb page too, although it's hardly all that informative
imdb.com/title/tt1305637/

you're thinking of mark speight on smart

fuck that cut me up, nearly 9 years ago now

Am I misremembering or did Cardcaptors just end with no fanfare?
They had the initial plot about her collecting all the cards, then they fought some villains of the week then after beating one of them it just ended. I'm 100% sure there should've been more episodes but the rights were too expensive or something

No idea.

But from what I can see from the wiki is that they did broadcast all 39 episodes, I never got to see the entire series.

That show seems incredibly obscure.

I wonder if Alice is alright now.

Wonkey Donkey!
Haha topkek

cbbc had cavegirl though

>tfw you came home on the 11th of september but the news was one instead of cardcaptors.

Cardcaptors, Wicked Witch, that weird Egyptian one.

Citv are free to show more stuff cause they're not state owned.

>what a creepy show that was
Wut?

Haha now I've suddenly remembered this youtube.com/watch?v=jNRlZPf2nos

Does anyone remember a show were everyone went to Australia and came back with a virus? I was talking with my mate the other day and he seems like hes the only one who can remember it

>tfw I (and most of my class) was an extra in shoebox zoo when I was 11

IIRC, there was an arc after she captured all the cards about the cards now taking how energy rather than Clow Ren's, and she could only use one per day or something.

Ah, I remember you from previous brit/tv/ threads.

I never get tired of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=avGamJ3_9GI

>Dick losing it in the background
>"It's Ant from Ant and Dec"

This little shit never did anything fun with his godly powers. Just stopped a vase from breaking or studied for a spelling test.

CBBC did have those weird Aus children shows. The one with an underground pyramid, the one with a cheesy robot, the one in a lighthouse and one with some magic pearl they were searching for.

Lol we have no life

bunch of scottish kids, then there was like a time warp later on in the show?

Round the Twist was fucking weird. I remember one episode where the boy meets a water spirit or something and then at the end it helps him win a literal pissing contest.

Jeopardy?
Best CBBC show ever imo

There was one that was scary as fuck. Think it was Jeopardy? I don't think they ever showed the aliens though which was all I was really watching it for

Admit it: You wanted to complete the way of the Warrior.

Demon Headmaster was good: get a bunch of smart children to work out a password; it's "knock knock".

Who was your favourite Blue Peter presenter?

I still enjoy blowing people's minds when I tell them that Nevar is Raven backwards

Does anyone remember a show that I think was about a family who move to australia or somewhere? It was a drama and a young boy was the main character.

I remember it being really drab and depressing, I think they moved because their shop burnt down or something.

The twins were Alien shapeshifters I think

LOCKIE LEONARD! That was fucking great

Don't mind me

>tfw already too old to compete when this programme started

Nah I don't think that's it. I believe the family was english. Plus 2008 is way too late.

Ah shit I don't know then. Shop burning down does sound familiar though.

CBBC or CITV?

who was the blue peter presenter fired for cocaine?

I'm not sure but I'm leaning towards CBBC.

Zoe Salmon

couldnt be round the twist?

What year do you think it was on?

Nah not round the twist. It was a realistic drama I think.
Early to mid 2000s? Definitely not much after 2005 I'd say.

oh god if i had that watch at his age, yeah most watching would be thinking what they would do sexually with it.

Stupid and Sorry I've Got No Head leave todays "comedy" in the dust to be honest

Richard Bacon I think.

Also
>cbbc
Fucking whippersnappers. Where's my broom cupboard bros at?

And, then those Canadian shows like Zach files, Student Bodies and Black Hole High.

Those were GOAT, especially black hole.

Do you remember the one episode where the older brother gets pregnant by a tree spirit and has to give birth via his mouth?

Meant CITV.

Who /queen'snose/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=pLlkyBMSPX8

Based intro, and then followed immediately by CDUK (sponsored by Tizer)

>(sponsored by Tizer)
fucking hell

kino that couldn't be made today

WHETHER YOU'RE DRESSED
OR THE NUDDY

I'M YOUR MUCKA
YOUR PAL
AND YOUR BESTEST BUDDY

TIZER SPONSORS CDUK

Any other details you can remember?
Anything, however small?
Was the main character a boy or a girl?

Was it about gypsies? I mean that was on Channel 5 though

They used to show this on the BBC around 2003/2004 but they stopped after it got too dark. Pretty good as I recall.

CBBC was better during the week after school

ITV trashed them at the weekend though

These are facts

CBBC was always trying to push diversity, it was obvious to me at even a very young age. They would crowbar black kids into shows all the fucking time.

CITV was based and didn't bother with that nonsense.

CBBC had it's moments

Forgot image.

Dick and dom was my favorite show on CBBC at the time. My absolute favorite episode was the very last one. They had a gag where they had a ton of people in black morphsuits with a balloon on their heads. Each one they popped got louder and louder until they got to the last one and the entire set was rigged to shake with a massive explosion.

And by CBBC I mean the original Children's BBC, not CBBC channel. I'm too old for that.

I wish this list was in chronological order because I could probably narrow it down and find it. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BBC_children's_television_programmes

The main character was a young boy. I want to say his family owned a chippy that burned down but it might have been something else. They move somewhere pretty arid, most likely australia.
We never had channel five because the signal was bad. I'm pretty sure it was either CBBC or CITV. I think I remember watching it in the morning. I don't think it was on for long hence my shitty memory, it was probably 6 episodes or so.

I can sort of picture an intro where the boy is walking around and it's all grey and I think there was bright paint or something.

This is bugging the fuck out of me.

Konnie is for plebs like Charlie Brooker

Katy Hill master race

It wasn't shown in the UK but in Ireland they used to have a show called The Den which was the same idea as CBBC. They used to show Cyborg 009 and it was the absolute darkest 'kids' show I've ever seen. Characters would be killed during episodes and it would cover themes you would rarely see past 9pm watershed (child soldiers etc.) It was at least nice to see a show that didn't treat kids like idiots.