SJWs accuse La La Land of being racist and whitewashed

>SJWs accuse La La Land of being racist and whitewashed
>Film literally opens with an LA traffic dance number featuring people of all different colors
>Black/brown actors continue to show up for rest of film

Is the far left finally breaking down into oblivion? I saw this yesterday and it was the least offensive movie that came out this year, it's just a fucking love story about adulthood and finding your path.

>but WAAAAAH, they cast John Legend as the jazz sellout!

Yeah, and he gets Ryan Gosling's character a great job which allows him to open up his club later in life with the money he saves, what's the fucking issue? How have people become so stupid?

Here's the context for anyone who's confused.

pitchfork.com/news/70805-kanye-collaborator-elon-rutberg-la-la-land-is-fascist/

pitchfork.com/news/70544-rostam-criticizes-la-la-lands-problematic-narrative-lack-of-queer-characters/

wired.co.uk/article/la-la-land-trailer-review

pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-la-la-land.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QAq4S39WVYE
youtube.com/watch?v=E7L4V-CbdoQ
pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-la-la-land.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where can I watch the opening scene?

Who gives a shit about SJWs and La La Land?

>reading pitchfork

>SJW's will literally never be happy

Wow, more at fucking 11.

It could have literally been 2 hours of a strong black man railing a white woman in the ass while she extols the superiority of black cock while her white husband masturbates in the corner, and the SJW's would still complain that it lacked faggots or something.

They literally can't be pleased.

Fascists=/=Racist

It's true.

>far left
That's not what SJWs are, you buffoon!
SJWs are for the most parts liberals and democrats! Capitalists is what they are.
They are left-leaning (and partially right-leaning and partially, mostly, mentally insane) centrists, not leftists.

>durrrr, SJW's aren't leftist

I keep seeing this shit preached by Liberals in a desperate bid at damage-control.

SJW's and their values are nothing new.
SJW's are just preaching the same shit Liberals have been preaching for DECADES (i.e. "black failure is due to white racism, muh gays, muh abortion 'rights', muh sogyney, why isn't TV/movies/videogames more diverse for no reason other than to fill my arbitrary personal quotas?, etc.).

The ONLY difference is that they are SLIGHTLY louder and more obnoxious than earlier leftists and tend to have more shitty piercings/tattoos.

Stop trying to pretend that there's any sort of divide here.
They're as natural of an outgrowth as an outgrowth can get.

>far left
SJW/Bleeding heart liberals aren't far left. The majority of them are centrists at best who think irrelevant shit (Gay marriage, Transgenderism etc.) actually matters.

Far left is Communism; a true commie would hate the weakness and anti-intellectual nature of the Social Justice movement.

>inb4 tankie

I'm far from a leftist but I'd much rather see a public debate between genuine leftists and genuine communists than literal memers on both sides talking about inane horseshit.

Inb4 the tryhard user forcing his failed meme

I'm far left and we're just as bad. They won't say theocracy or genocide is bad if the perpetrators aren't white. I fucking give up.

this

This is what a collapsing ideology looks like.

>I keep seeing this shit preached by Liberals in a desperate bid at damage-control.
I'm not a liberal, dimwit.
I'm a leftist and obviously not sympathetic towards liberals. Your assertion is correct, SJWs are mere liberals, yet more obnoxious and reliant on the internet, social media and shortsighted information.

Good thing "far left" isn't really a political orientation but an umbrella term that can be applied to political orientations, some of which might or might not be like that.

>centrists

Let's stop this fucking meme. Centrists don't exist. Every aspect of Western society since the 18th century has been liberal. If you believe in egalitarianism and individual human rights, you're a leftist.

>pitchfork
>complaining about anything they say
really?

lol

wew lad

Kill yourself haha you think it makes you cool to call yourself a leftist???

>They won't say theocracy or genocide is bad if the perpetrators aren't white.

This.

Liberals are fucking scary.

They hate it because in their mind Ryan Gosling is stealing the culture of other people in order to better himself and that since he's a white man they perceice that its as easy as pie for him to do all these things.

They sincerely believe blacks invented jazz and frankly music in general so if an SJW made the movie and had no budget restraints the cast would have no white people or the only white people would be people in the crowd in the back listening.

How old are you?

>I'M OFFENDED THAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE OFFENDED!

Watching that country implode is the most satisfying thing

I don't think any white people got butthurt about this because literally nobody talks about a slowly imploding african shithole like zimbabwe kek.

Sometimes they do, to say something like 'I'm glad I don't live in Zimbabwe, what a shithole'. Or
'we should send more money to Zimbabwe, everyone is starving to death'.

This movie looks fucking terrible. Should I watch it?

its comfy desu

I was actually very positively surprised. Deserves the praise.
Be aware that it's a musical though. Don't go see it if you're an autist that cringes when people sing in films.

Disgustingly dishonest replies.

Kill yourself you failed meme autist
>hurr durr i posted it again mom do i fit in yet?
Pathetic, see you in /failed memes general/

Would I hate it if I couldn't watch past the first number in sweeney todd?

>dishonest outrage
smdh

Cringe

Been saying it for years: you can't win.

What a dumbfuck.

The film is garbage but not for the reasons they think it is.
Here's the music at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=QAq4S39WVYE

Ironic that people are criticizing the movie for not having black jazz fans/players or whatever, when in fact today only obnoxious white dudes play and listen to jazz.

That's not even a genuine criticism since the film has a bunch of blacks playing jazz.

I like the dishonest meme desu

Not true at all btw

I love innocuous an innocent memes that cause inexplicable bouts of rage in people.

>but WAAAAAH, they cast John Legend as the jazz sellout!

Implying they give a shit about jazz. They're just latching on any excuse they can grab to be politically pissed off. I'm tired.

I have never seen Sweeney Todd so I can't tell you. What I can tell you is that the opening in La La Land made me think the film is gonna be unwatchable, but I enjoyed it afterwards.

I haven't seen the whole documentary, but it seemed like the guy on the right was just trying to piece together his community and make it a functioning wholesome place.

Yeah, the Chinese guy was a real condescending ass for no reason.

This album is a meme you dip.

>people weren't fucking working
>he never got his god damn gravel

He had every reason to be pissed

Not at Eddie though. he was the only guy who stayed on task.

Why do you retards even look for this kind of shit?

If not for you retards, i would never seen any SJW bullshit on Sup Forums or Sup Forums in general

They enjoy the feeling of being cucked.

Very true

SJWs won't be happy until we are all dead because they allowed us to become an islamic caliphate.

SJWs arent the far left theyre moderate left who think they're far left but are scared of communists.

All I'm saying is that I've (inadvertently) been to a lot of jazz bars in NYC, and whenever there's a band it's inevitably white guys.

>le sjw rich liberals are far left meme

>>>/reddi t/

>lack of queer characters
>Less than 10% of the population
>WE DEMAND REPRESENTATION IN ALL MOVIES
>REGARDLESS OF HOW LIKELY IT IS
>REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT SUITS THE STORY
>REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES UP
>REGARDLESS OF HOW SUPERFLUOUS IT IS.

We should offer a hollywood investment fund which only invests in movies where at least one leading actor is black. We market this fund to black people and historical black colleges.
Imagine spending millions of proud black investment dollars on a prequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with Donald Glover as the star? Or a remake of the Crying Game with Boyega marketed to black people--we'd release it against a Madea movie to show that black people choose art over farce. Just imagine a black college professor putting 50k of his retirement money into proud black movies that people in China, India, and American inner cities will love.

if black people own jazz then *cough cough* 'white' people should own hollywood, get the fuck out black people

It's funny to see people who don't understand that African countries aren't really starving, and things like food aid are invented to help American farmers sell excess crops. Zimbabwe shouldn't have got rid of its white people though

>-problematic-narrative-lack-of-queer-characters/

Is he fucking serious. The movie has, at a stretch, 4 characters in the entire thing. I don't even remember John Legend or his sister's character names.

Gee maybe instead of going home, she should have gone to her black lesbian grandmother's house.

Not even sjw, but that's the whitest "jazz" song I've ever heard, no emotion at all, just sounds so plastic and dull

Jews own every inch of hollywood in the same way black people own Jazz, that's correct

You just sound like a stormtard though, tough luck

I agree with you btw. Bland describes everything in the whole film.

Black people abandoned jazz to focus on hip hop, drugs and gang culture.

The commander must take all the blame for incompetence in leading the troops, and the general has all right to punish the incompetent commander. Black man should have hung for his inability to lead

That's not jazz. It's hollywood jew-posers writing another faggy shitty musical song. All they did was add walking bass, hi-hat on 2 and 4 and call it jazz.

i'm glad i haven't watched this yet, looks fucking awful like another one of those stupid LA in-crowd cock sucking movies

Shouldn't the Chinese guy be the one ultimately responsible in that case?

I'm confused by this since Korea ripped itself apart from civil war, puppet states and general dickery by the Chinese.

>drugs

Jazz cigarettes

>The CIA/FBI forced Black people to abandon jazz to focus on hip hop, drugs and gang culture.

True, they're always partybreakers. Whenever some SJW whining happens, just take a look at twitter history of some random braindead behind the hashtag, in 90% of cases you'll find the tweets where they talk about killing themselves, or botched suicides, etc. They're fundamentally irksome and unhappy beings.

They're less than 1% of the population but attack people with mental health problems to grow their numbers.

Despite the online media's suggestions, literally no one cares. I know many progressives who love the movie. News website just know that people like you enjoy getting yourself upset by reading articles about how crazy SJWs are. It's clickbait and you're falling for it.

you clearly don't know what jazz is. luckily Gosling's character fully explains it and its history to Stone when he introduces to her club. this film is made by a jazzhead who knows what the hell he's talking about and gives credit where credit is due constantly throughout the movie. but the two main characters are white so of course none of that matters.

epic

yeah sure it was white man's fault Tyrone

The Jews, but yes.

How come diversity only matters when it's made by white people. I never saw these people criticizing moonlight and fences for not being diverse enough seeing as how they're all black movies. How come there's a double standard, fuck of LOTR came out today all these people would be bitching

youtube.com/watch?v=E7L4V-CbdoQ

Why do you keep telling me blacks aren't redpilled

>problematic
>narrative
SJW Buzzwords 101. I'm not even going to bother reading the article, I already know what kind of whiny bullshit it contains.

Hip hop born as anti-system genre but nowadays it's mostly consumed by suburban white kids. I guess you can't win against the man

>If seeing Gosling and Stone tap dance in the Hollywood Hills tickles something deep in some viewers, perhaps it’s worth investigating the roots of that feeling and its supposed universality. Quite simply: The past represents liberation for one group, a horror show for another.
so basically if you enjoy la la land you're a white supremacist?

The blacks left jazz behind because you actually need talent and know how to play a instrument.
Hip hop and rap fits more in the current nigger culture.

Its easier to produce the shit that they call rap then learn to play a instrument and write some real music.

Its a pitty, blacks actually had something they where good at and they all turned their backs to it.

>murderwhitepeople
Seems like a well-adjusted, caring human being.

>pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-la-la-land.html
How deep inside your own ass do you have to be to write so much fucking shit about a movie simply because its protagonists aren't black

Just because the leads are white doesn't mean the movie is racist.
John's thoughts on jazz was that jazz is dying but you have to make it appealing and change it to make it work in modern day. Could you imagine if the guitar never got past being acoustic?
And fuck that Vampire Weekend loser. Just because there's no fag in your movie doesn't mean you can't feel for the characters. I'm not a girl but I completely felt for Emma's character.

I think it goes more for remembering how Hollywood erased minorities in the past or how even now treat them as second bananas for white leads despite nostalgia sell us magical candylands where everything was better. Comercial cinema is obsessed with the old franchises while Oscar bait is obsessed with the past because the Academy members are mostly old jewish men. Basically memberberries.

The blacks left jazz behind because it stopped being popular.
With the advent of bebop jazz become increasingly more of a niche genre for musicians and educated people, so at that point it becoming dominated by whites eventually was a given, even though blacks were still very prominent at it for decades.

For a collective who supposedly wants to end racism and social fracturing and achieve equality, SJWs really cannot ever stop bringing shit like this up and making it worse.

>muh minorties

>The blacks left jazz behind because you actually need talent and know how to play a instrument.
Hip hop and rap fits more in the current nigger culture.
You couldn't be more wrong. You should listen to some of the interviews black musicians from the past. When they were growing up, a lot of their highschools/junior highs/middle school had music classes. But over the years, the schools stopped funding these classes and many of them were cut for budget. The result was a lot of inner city kids out of touch with basic instruments. There's a Rick James interview (about 10 years ago) when they asked him about rappers sampling his music and where he goes into detail about it.

>real music
I don't believe this. Especially when you have good storytellers with a great deal of creativity i.e. tupac, biggie, ice cube, ice t

Sup Forumstards refuse to believe that hip hop can be something more than recycled beats and gangsters rapping about drugs and whores. Don't bother.

I think some of the problems modern critics have with rap is how commercialized its become. In the past, it wasn't a guarantee for success until about the early 90's music producers used this as a license to kill. I would consider modern hip-hop/rap a variant of pop music. Nothing complex but simple sampling with non creative lyrics. the sad thing is rappers went along with this for easy money.

Music in general has been going through a degenerative process because few companies own the radio stations and rap/hip-hop was the new kid so it got the most visible damage. It went quickly from a subversive genre to a self-parody and nowadays it's a magnet for white douchebags and unfortunately they're a very profitable demographic.

please do not equate real leftists with those yankee sjw's

they should be called the alt left or something.

Why the fuck would they be scared of Communists? Wouldn't they embrace Marxist-Engels doctrine because isn't class struggle as important as identity politics?

Gay isn't the new flavor of the month. It's trans. If a film or show doesn't have at least 2 or 3 trans characters, you're a mouth-breathing racist.

It's funny how LGBT is actually at war with itself. Male gays tend to dominate the landscape while lesbians feel they're being overshadowed while anyone whose trans, intersex, or whatever is slagging at gays.