Hey, guys

Hey, guys
Do you know that the last episode of Sherlock is already available in Russian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ
withanaccent.com/2016/07/27/sherlock-a-case-of-sexual-identity/
youtube.com/watch?v=XFYfyZGvvB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes, now we are waiting for the english version.

what a time to be alive

Yeah, just download a normal copy then play it at 2x the speed and it'll be rushin' ;^)

That'd be useful information if I either watched sherlock or was russian

RU? RU? SUKA NAHUY

just watched the last episode) wanna spoiler?

Yeah, it's a shit - that is a spoiler. Even the wedding episode was better.

Of course I do, they are advertising it.

>at screenings of other eps they made people sign NDAs and got lawyers if there were leaks
>For this last ep they screened 3 days early and had no NDA
>now they are advertising this russian leak
>ep is airing an hour early on PBS and i have seen it listed somewhere as being 2 hours long
>ep took twice as long to film as the average episode of sherlock

kek

Again I say: waiting on that Clue style ending and/or missing footage

waiting to see if the color changing skull poster means anything and the general disregard for the order of events all throughout season 4 (in conjunction with some promo pics they released out of sequence and then deleted saying they were spoilers...made me think), plus the different hands holding the gun which again reminds me of cluedo since it's like 'who did it'?

Not sure if any of that is significant but they seem to be fucking around quite a bit these last few days

I Want to Break Free

Yes.

go back to tumblr

FUCKING RUSSIAN HACKERS!

Fuck. I have it set to record. When does it air on PBS on the east coast?

So what vladimir

Just checked. It airs tomorrow at seven pm est.

I actually have found copies of it online, but I'm guessing it's all dubbed in Russian.

Also, the fuck do so many Russian rips of English media have fan dubs of some asshole talking over the English track? They don't even separate it into a separate audio track. Haven't these illiterate Russian fucks ever heard of subtitles?

Which one of you edited the episode synopsis on Wikipedia? Now it has spoilers for the whole episode, and ends with "John, Sherlock and Rosamund with the blessing of Mary live their happy gay family in a restored apartment at Baker Street."

Finally getting some benefits from being native speaking beyond reading novels from dead writers, was weird watching the Russian dub and I bet the English one would make it even better. The best episode since season 2, even though the very last scene was idiotic.

Moriarty scene was great before they revealed shit and they even manage to downplay Euros stupid motivation in the end. It's wasn't that smart overall but pretty emotional, which makes it a perfect end.

Subtitles are not very comfy, so tons of Russian shit gets raped by horrible dubs.

Russian fundub. Cruel and merciless.
It probably was some tumblr retard

Spoil away.

Give the plot summary.

mfw I found a copy of Sherlock s04 e03 online and it's only got the Russian dub track

And many times it isn't not even a professional dub like this one is. It's just one guy reading all the lines on top of the original audio. Sometimes they have more than one person reading over the English, but often it's just some guy that ripped it translating and doing a dub over. Guess they are too fucking lazy to type.

Will be really half assed... better ask specific questions.

>Sherlock/Watson/Mycroft get lured on a prison island (pretty cool design) where Euros was kept because she's a crazy bitch
>she obviously took control of the guards with her bullshit powers
>Sherlock/Watson/Mycroft have to solve trolley problems type of moral dilemmas with a time limit while trying to rescue a girl on a plane (Euros gives them some time to talk between the riddles)
>Moriarty comeback
>jk, it happened 5 years ago (presents to Euros from Mycroft because she helped to solve national security problems)
>more riddles and bullshit, Sherlock finally has enough and pretends to pull an hero
>obviously stopped by Euros because she needs someone to play with
>more riddles
>the dog was actually another brother
>the girl on a plane was actually Euros crying about being all lonely and ignored
>nobody of relevance dies
>Sherlock and Euros play on their violins at family reunion (their parents thought she was dead)
>last message from Mary

Sounds A LOT worse than it was.

Well, people who are too lazy to learn English get uses to that one guy (it sounds like the same dude on dozens of movies, wonder who it is)

>MUH RUSSIAN HACKERS

>Sounds A LOT worse than it was.
Good, because it sounds 100% stupid.

I lurk tumblr because they pick apart Sherlock much better than Sup Forums does, but Sup Forums's been my home for more than 10 years. I can't go 'back' to tumblr.

Anyway:

>[Episode 3] is the culmination of everything we’ve building up for for the past 6 years of Sherlock, all kinds of clues and red herrings are finally paid off in episode three, which features…lots of extraordinary things I can’t tell you anything about, and possibly things will never be the same again.

t. Mark Gatiss

""leak"" did not contain anything particularly extraordinary that I saw

>the culmination of everything we’ve building up for for the past 6 years of Sherlock
>episode is all about Sherlock's sister, that was just introduced last episode
10 out of fucking 10

Jesus fuck, Gatiss is full of shit.

FUCK IT I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS WITH MORIARTY

he shoots himself in the head

Nothing. He has a few scenes but it's all a flashback and SHORT video messages, mostly consisting of making dumb noises.

he dances to this song

youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ

Does he have any relevance to the plot? What's the context for him having Flashbacks?

He was sent to the prison island for a 5 minute talk with Euros 5 years ago. So he dances to the song, goes there, it looks like he's actually back, then it's revealed that it's a flashback, he has a short talk with Mycroft, then with Euros and that's basically it.

Rest are "tick tock tick tock" video messages mostly.

The episode would still be basically the same without him.

>The episode would still be basically the same without him.
Would've been better desu. He served no purpose to the plot at all.

God dammit, I knew it. Moffat, you fucking hack, you had me waiting 3 years for based Jim to return only to replace him with some shitty OC

Dunno, I liked his scenes before it was revealed that it was a flashbacks. Made my neurons move over how the fuck he managed to survive. Then the disappointment, and the video messages were annoying as fuck.

For those of you who've seen the episode. Does it end in yet another infuriating cliffhanger that takes years to be resolved in the most anticlimactic way possible?

>I liked his scenes before it was revealed that it was a flashbacks
Well, that's exactly the problem. It just didn't went anywhere.

I would've loved if they've returned based Jim, even without any explanation - I just enjoy Andrew Scott's perfomance.

Nope, a very clean ending and probably no season 5.

No, the ending is the montage of them restoring 221B and solving crimes and shit + voiceover by Mary.

Yeah, from plot point of view it was basically a waste of time, but the fan service side worked for me. We got enough Jim to remember why we missed him so much but not enough to overtake the whole show. Kinda cheap overall but at least the scene was well done.

If anything, I find the whole sister shit out of nothing worse plot wise, although perhaps it was really hinted in previous seasons and I just overlooked it. Having the main antagonist appear like that, specially after Gatiss talk of "past 6 years" is lame.

Anyone want to take guesses on this code

looks like semaphore but doesn't work with it

so do they end up gay? or just bros

clear this up for me

they end up same as before: ambiguous roommates

but still with the kid?

yeah

jesus, then they could've had the same effect cutting out the trainwrecks of seasons 3+4, maybe making molly get pregnant if they really wanted to insert a kid in there somewhere. they went in over their heads with the plot and had to backpedal, what a joke

It's a reference to The Adventure of the Dancing Man from the books. Knock yourself out

If this is true then the episode will be a 0/10.

apparently it's the same code from the original story. "am here, abe slaney" or something. cool

I just suck at summing up stuff. The episode is good, don't worry.

I am Russian, and even I don't want to watch a Russian dub. They are always complete shit.

love that euros became a complete psychopth, took over a prison, and killed at least 5 people, but sherlock just decides that's all cool, let's play violin together and bond.

The state of Sherlock viewers.

Read the fucking stories.

>the dog was actually another brother

wut

i've read several of them user

didn't realize you have to have each of them memorized to be worthy of watching what is basically a soap opera

It's not even memorising them, you (well, most people with a brain) would've clearly remembered a story with this cypher if you'd bothered reading it, and then you could've referred back to it.

Well, she's still in prison, so it's not like she got freed. Besides, psychopath or not, the way she was treated was pretty damn cruel, sure she's a psycho but no need to torture her with isolation. Besides, she also helped to save tons of lives with her work for Mycroft before. She's a shitty person but an useful one, so treating her bad would be impractical since it'd risk her going full cray again.

Parents from school shooters still tend to love their shitty kids, so it's not like it was unrealistic either. Also Sherlock probably understands how painful loneliness is, etc, etc

There is a little subplot from the past about how Sherlock forgot about her, and well, there was a family dog she made disappear and then gave a riddle to find it (the song she's singing), which Sherlock couldn't solve. Turns out it wasn't a dog but a person. Not 100% sure if it was a brother or just a random guy who was his childhood friend.

This.

It's a more annoying version of having your parent or older sibling translate a foreign movie for you, because at least when you were pestering them to explain every sentence they'd explain things when there was a lull, not monotonously droning on throughout the thing, obscuring every sound.

ok you're right user.

Yeah...and I bet you think that ''''''missing footage''''' is going to include a gay kiss right? lmao

all of this stuff is easily refuted though

> there were no ndas at other screenings, that's invented. mofftiss just asked people not to share
> probably screened early due to scheduling at bfi
> they're not advertising the leak, they're just idiots who don't realize you shouldn't tweet about it. they tweeted about leaked trailers/images too and it meant nothing.
> it's listed as 2 hours on pbs because there's going to be a behind the scenes thing attached to it
> episode took about the same as a regular episode of sherlock. literally this is invented

yeah. honestly Sup Forums is really shit for discussing this show.

the dancing men is one of the most famous ones though user...i mean you dont have to memorize them all but damn son the picture is literally of some dancing men...

And I liked it. For me emotions even greater expressed in Sherlock's dubbing than in original.
/another russian/

Meh, the singing was pretty shit. I bet the original will sound A LOT better. Otherwise it was pretty decent and given the usual state of Russian dubs, it was amazing.

leak ends up with them just bros but due to everyone building this ep up as "tv history" and repeatedly saying "if we get this right...if we pull this off...it will be something that has never been done before" alot of people are extrapolating that this means the screening + leak are 'fake' versions (supported by the fact that this ep took twice as long to film as other sherlock eps), plus several references to clue/cluedo (Clue being a movie that was released with multiple endings), people are assuming this means there will be some unambigous gay duo action coming soon. This recent ep had them quoting oscar wilde and making references to the importance of being ernest; make of that what you want to (manipulation of truth/identity/reality/false perceptions have been a runnig theme in all of s4 not necessarily gay related)

tl;dr nah not gay but there is some kind of funny business going on around the screening and leak, some fans are holding out for gay shit others think its just cluedo and some think that mofftiss unironically released this remake of Saw featuring Eurus is my OC do not steal and called it television history

What? The song was very mystical and beautiful.

No not necessarily but I do think moftiss and crew are fucking around in some way. Its not unprecedented to cut a few minutes and they are being suspiciously lax about all of these leaks and spoilers getting out about the culminating episode of their 6 years of work

The lyrics were, didn't feel the voice at all.

Releasing the leak of the very last episode for a very limited audience sounds like a weird ass strategy. It's not like the show lacked publicity or hype.

>The lyrics were, didn't feel the voice at all.
Well, agree.

>some fans are holding out for gay shit
I guess this could theoretically still happen, it wouldn't be overly surprising if they cut the gay stuff from the release to an extremely homophobic market.

Though still sounds like a crackpot theory.

Fair enough. I've heard also that Mark said before the screening "This may or may not be the final problem" but I have no proof of that. There is a video of him in an interview a while back making a comment saying how they had to read the scripts for s4 back to front for everyone to understand them and that there were "too many openings...and maybe too many endings..." in a joking manner, there are pics of some of the cast playing cluedo, and on the DVD there is a segment called "Filming the final scenes" which could mean anything, but again, people who follow the crew around while filming have said this ep took twice as long as usual for them to film and there are some things they saw being filmed that didnt end up in the screening. Obvously I am recieving all of this info second hand so I'm taking it with a grain of salt but it's interesting nonetheless.

You have no idea about the depths of insanity that the johnlock crowd have went to. They're raving about the third episode being a complete fake (because they'd waste everyone's TV licenses pandering to a very select few of the Sherlock audience by teasing them with fake set scenes), they think this interview ( withanaccent.com/2016/07/27/sherlock-a-case-of-sexual-identity/ ) is either a) a complete fabrication or b) just a ruse, they think that sherlock and john fucked off screen after that hug scene in episode 2, and think that mary intentionally died because she prioritises john and sherlock getting together above being their for her newborn infant daughter. I can't wait for the salt avalanche that's coming when they get slapped with reality.

Here this is what I am referring to at 0:35

youtube.com/watch?v=XFYfyZGvvB4

*there

p sure he means too many endings the same way rotk has too many endings

I'm hoping for a Clue ending because I think that will be pretty cool and I would be happy if gay ending happened because that would be even more unusual but it might make you happy to know there's video somewhere of Moffat getting pissed at someone at the screening who asked what john and sherlock will do in s5 and he gets really mad/blunt like "What they always do. Solve crimes. What else would they do?" something like that. I saw the vid but dont have a link. I still think they are covering up whatever it is they are planning but maybe he legit got really pissed and snapped at a fan.

Started watching the first ep of this season and found it was just inherently boring.

Does it pick up?

Of course Moffat is getting pissed. John and Sherlock's friendship is just one theme in the show. But the fanbase seems to fixate on only that when there are far more aspects of the show that the producers and cast work hard on but it gets ignored. Why are you still hoping for a gay ending when they explicitly state in the interview I linked that they're not going down that road?

Episode 2 is pretty great, but a lot of people aren't impressed with episode 3 who have seen it. But there's no english version right now so we'd have to wait.

>fanbase
you mean women with 100 cats? they've ruined supernatural.

well you only missed one episode. it's certainly better, but not great

Because the creators have said repeatedly that they straight up lie about what they are going to do, and everyone involved with the show has at some point said that the show is really about John and Sherlock's friendship. A vid released on the offical Sherlock Youtube recently called it "the greatest love story never told", back in 2011 moftiss were saying how sherlock and John love eachother, moffat has said that where the story lies is in the fact that holmes is a volcano of concealed emotions and (extrapolating from another quote from him) concealed sexual desires, cumberbatch's comment to summarize what season 4 is about is "love conquers all".

This could all be meaningless, but it's true that in numerous interviews all the creators and actors have said that the story is mainly about the Holmes/Watson friendship and also that they lie. So I don't see how it is really that far fetched of an idea.

>Why are you still hoping for a gay ending

because it would make me lol if all of this is true

> but a lot of people aren't impressed
Well, it's easy, there was no johnlock and nobody of importance died.

Someone's been watching Rebekah

>they lied
They EXPLICITLY stated that they're not trying to fool people by saying they're not going down the Johnlock route.

The screening didn't have canon johnlock.

The leak didn't have canon johnlock.

There's nothing for you here.
>inb4 top secret scene that will only be shown in the official release
>inb4 secret episode
>inb4 they'll confirm it in s5
>inb4 *insert crazy conspiracy theory here*

I watched the first three seasons which were pretty good, but I heard the later seasons get really shitty. Wouldn't that be the fault of the 'beating a dead horse' money making strategy of having infinite seasons rather than the fans? They haven't made Destiel canon right? My friend is a SPN fan and she always goes to these annual festivals that make you pay $500 a pop with pictures with the actors.

I've seen a few of her vids, I'm just generally browing tumblr + Sup Forums + reddit but tumblr has the most autistic theories so I like theirs the best. Sup Forums used to be great for this kind of shit, for example back when House MD was airing but in the past several years people here have gotten less and less willing to talk about bizarre shit, look up obscure info or to joke about things like this. tumblr seems to be having alot more fun being crackpots while people here are just annoyed and reddit is just confused and boring

Yeah, I read the article you linked before. I think you or someone else posted it in another thread. I'm not going to be shattered if johnlock doesnt happen, I do think Clue would be a fun thing for them to do but in the end I just dont really care at all. Making crazy conspiracy theories and shitposting about them is what has me still watching this show, otherwise I feel like it's a pretty shit Holmes adaptation tbqh, and I don't like any of the other things I have seen Moftiss involved with. I wouldn't be watching this show if it weren't for people studying it so intensively and making up conspiracies. Since I have read alot of these theores now and because there is nothing else very interesting going on in the world of Holmes adaptations at the moment I am following along until tomorrow to see what happens

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ENGLISH VERSION FUCK

can you imagine being one of the creators having your episode leak and all the ardent fans decide it's so bad it must be fake?

If you honestly think that "what if Sherlock had a sister that can mind control people?" was good then you 100% deserve people saying your episode is shit.

Can I what?

What exactly was this 'history making' moment that the creators were raving about?

can you imagine being one of the creators having your episode leak and all the ardent fans decide it's so bad it must be fake

Kek, I just looked '''Xir''' up