youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8VGN29H4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>jazz humanities class

make her listen to ascension, not that pleb crap

Just ask who they have heard better and then shit on their taste of music

bitches brew

typical "educated" woman

>Feels like elevator music
Is it me or is this a classic normie/pleb/etc thing to say?

Ask her what she thinks is better. If Scenery, dip homie, but only if she's below a 7 or 8.

I bet my life she will say Ryo Fukui

It's perfectly fine to like both of these AND KoB.

hate fuck her and move on

Damn you got your shit shoved in so hard you had to run to Sup Forums for a response.

She's obviously up for some top tier banter. Be glad she isn't one of those "music us personal and good music is subjective" faggots.

It's better than alternative humanities classes

t. Go to University

>took a jazz class sadly
Isn't she implying all jazz feels like elevator music?

These are good ideas, but sadly, pic related

This honestly

Take her, she's an angel who didn't fell for the jazz meme like every other art hoe.

I hope she finds out what a nob you are

>plays the "country is objectively irredeemable" card

based

jazz music is shit

>I've heard better
Sounds like she has better taste than you OP

tell her what music she likes, i want to see this bitches taste if its that good

Damn son, wish I was dating her. Her taste in music is shit but she's not like every other wahman who use qualifiers to not offend people

This. Ask her you cuck.

Say
>Yay!, guess you aren't a pleb after all :3

some people just don't get it man

your gf has good taste it seems. jazz is garbage

>country music
>bad
y i k e s

>Kind of Blue
>"Feels like elevator music"
>mfw
youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8VGN29H4U

art hoes like jazz?

Is there a must-know list of jazz standards as recordings? Like classic recordings you gotta know? I'm planning on listening to as much jazz as I can so I just know the refrences in music theory stuff when somebody talks about "The nested 2-5-1 in Giant steps" and shit like that.

>Where do I start?

>tfw no steve albini gf

Tell her that you disagree, but respect her opinion on the matter

Nigger music B T F O
This girl has balls desu

It is though, Cletus

absolutely, in the form of like miles davis, john coltrane, and kamasi washington (this is about where their knowledge ends)

>I've heard better

Holy shit dump this bitch

Her top five at the moment

Holy shit you're right, I just realized it's all I ever wanted

Normally I wouldn't let music taste interfere in a relationship, but this chick is a total cunt. Would definitely just ignore.

t.soyboy who can't handle women

I would have expected this from Bossa Nova or Metheny's music but Kind of Blue doesn't resemble muzak

Let me get this straight, you literally told a girl who is studying jazz to listen to Kind of Blue, the literal plebbiest of jazz records

>doesn't like country
Disdain for plebs

jazz humanities class is not studying jazz

any jazz musician greatly appreciates kind of blue

lmao, so she just listens to the shitty syndicated alt-rock radio stations?

so nothing but indie rock

>The Kooks
Pump and dump

Point is she's gracefully and respectfully defending her music taste even as OP condescendingly recommends Kind of Blue to her. She's a saint, you don't deserve her dude sorry

>twin peaks
I knew a girl who was just a pleb with music as this one and loved twin peaks
She was actually really cool and you shouldn't ruin a friendship / relationship because some reddit refugees on Sup Forums say so.
good luck, user.

Ask her what her favorite Swans album is.

kind of blue is some of the most entry level jazz tho, perfect for someone who hasn't heard much

that said her taste is somewhat shit

I love talking shit about my girl on Sup Forums, makes me feel better about myself

>jazz autist meets jazz pleb
Ask to watch La La Land with her at your place (if you don't live with mommy)
It's worked with every single girl I've rec'd jazz to (only two)

Yep. I don't condone it
See pic related for her explanation. I know I know
Thank you user, I appreciate it
Exactly why I showed it to her, indeed

at what scene do you lean in for the kiss

>"I know, I was just testing you"
say this OP you're guaranteed to get laid

this grl is alright

the scene where they're in the observatory, I think.

well everyone has different music interests so I wouldn't make it a deal breaker

right. ill keep this in mind if i eventually watch it with a girl. cheers

this girl seems okay to be honest, just a bit stubborn in her tastes. you can easily lure her into more interesting/substantial stuff

i agree with everyone saying you shouldnt tell her to fuck off just cause her taste is shit

Underage virgins talking about girls lmao

realistically this is larping women arent this nice. anyways she sounds like a 16 year old you might want to cool down on this OP.

>she sounds like a 16 year old
i wonder why

exactly what i did

You smell like gay

dont have sex before 18 OP thats fucking rancid

Tell her you'd rather have sex with miles Davis than her

Oooohhh my anxiety pills

"Elevator music" is such a cop-out. 90% of the time that descriptor just says "I did not at any point attempt to engage with this music"

this

yes anyone who writes off music as "elevator music" is unironically an instapleb

Nervously tell her she passed the test

Ask her how hard she cried after finishing Torches - Foster the People

>I've heard better
>Jazz is as shitty as country
>I took a Jazz humanities course by the way
>Yeah, I listen to thot rock. it just makes me feel happy

She doesn't play an instrument does she?

God I hate women. Yet they have such control over me. Fucking harlots

I thought everybody knew that women are incapable of appreciating instrumental music.

Sounds like he actually interacts with women though

If you know you're capable of rebounding I'd dump her over this. (not over the phone)
>Assuming you want a gf who actually likes music

this is literally how males on Sup Forums talk about music.
But that's why she's a cunt too, but it's not like it's not 99% of the people here.

Obviously she's a pleb, but she's also right. Jazz is overwhelmingly boring, emotionally ineffective music.

>dismissing an entire genre

I said it's mostly that way. Which is true. I like lots of jazz. But as a proportion of all the total jazz, the amount of extremely boring, absolutely pointless jazz is huge compared to the good(or at least not boring)/total ratio among a lot of other genres.

kind of blue is an album not everyone can understand you have to be certified street nigga to feel him and what he's going through at the time

So what, I can relate to a lot since I just found my biological father found out he's doing life in prison having friends die or incarcerated.I feel like it's the 50's equivalent of camron's scene in paid in full where he says nigga's get shot everyday b you'll be aight

Blue is in reference to the blue smoke opium omits when you smoke it, so it's an album about heroin addiction. blue in green, all blues

Freddie freeloader is the general poverty and homelessness that comes with something like heroin addiction. Flamenco Sketches is finding a way to enjoy this bohemian gypsy life style of of the homeless travelling musician

I feel like if you never actually experienced these things this album won't hit emotionally like it should and it was it does become elevator music I think that's why miles hated it so much is because all these people who have no personal connection to the suffering on the album even though i's presented like a smoky noir detective film or something using it as a backdrop to feel hip. Eventually this state of mind caused miles to stop caring about his work all together. I feel it doesn't matter because i'm never in any university parties or hollywood backstage parties in the 60's snorting lines with models and whatnot anyway.

tl'dr bitches brew is the best miles davis album

kek'd

Yes.

Yeah, ukulele and goes to singer-songwriter open mics

jazz is shit confirmed

only virgin soyboys disagree

jazz is shit but
taste in indie can be bred out of her. honestly you should feel bad for trying to emulate La La Land

That's a good point. I guess it does feel somewhat confused and sometimes I don't know what to take from it, but I relistened to it again the other day and got some great new nearly profound experience from it and I loved it. I get how people wouldn't prefer jazz because they don't know what they're supposed to feel from it, but I like to just make my own interpretation when I'm listening to it

yikes

Nope. She does not

You need to go deeper OP

I will check this out, seems interesting. Thank you

>you should feel bad for trying to emulate La La Land.
If anything, she's probably trying to emulate it. Every girl has seen La La Land.

her IQ is probably less than 90.

All these fags going "jazz is shit" after a random 16 year old girl
Absolute state of Sup Forums

So that's a no right?

Deeeeeeeeeeepeeerrrrrrrrrrrr

Mama Mia!

but user, jazz IS shit. I'm just agreeing with someone who is correct.

>tfw to smart to have gf

she's patrician as hell. watch yourself