/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al's eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Brandon Meme Metal Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Car Seat Headrest's & U.S. Girls' 8.6s for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2018 BNM Tally: 4
Nights since last BNM: 2

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy. :)

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member)
mega.nz/#!IkITCb5K!Nq3IGPLLNaGxaLZMiWRl0LF0ws77D_E4FO2eO4N1kwg

>Tonight's Top Stories
- This thread stands with Turnstile
- A.A.L. review tonight?
- /p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IwzAoay_hV8&t=219s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i always get sad seeing this thread with 0 replies... how do we Make /p4k/ Great Again?

Stop reading Pitchfork.

/p4k/ and Pitchfork are two different things

Suicide, in hell you're forced to read p4k reviews.

i have this weird nostalgia for 2010-2013 era p4k BNM. shit like Cults, Sleigh Bells, Courtney Barnett. indie and pitchfork just isnt the same anymore

>not 2002-2006 era p4k
anyway, Courtney Barnett is legitimately good

oh shi-

>tfw modern p4k would never BNMs to Wavves, Cloud Nothings, or Girls

Hi, all!

What's everybody listening to tonight? for me pic related, the only really good No Age album

dont call me nice!

8.8!

never listened to any no age albums other than the debut, not even this latest one. enjoyed that first one immensely, though.

currently listening to pic related

Rising Article when?

i used to partake in these threads a few years ago back when i was young and had no life. i still have no life but i hope you've been doing well OP, if you are the same OP.....

anyway good for Nico he deserves all the BNMs

cringe

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
A.A.L (Against All Logic) - 2012 - 2017 8.8 BNM
Bad Gyal - Worldwide Angel 6.2
Towkio - WWW. 5.8
The Lovely Eggs - This Is Eggland 7.0

some user either last night's thread or the night before predicted this exact score. nice job.

that look is several years too late desu

is it better than Sirens?

Show up, chat, hope others join

“Be the change you want to see in the world” -Ian Cohen

I remember people going apeshit over Swans reviews

No but it's not meant to be. It's basically really good disco-house tho. The tracks are old and not really in order. The mostly full mix on youtube is what i've been listening to non-stop for the past year. The tracks sound a bit warmer in it and flow into each other very well.

youtube.com/watch?v=IwzAoay_hV8&t=219s

This album is just a compilation he threw together for the fuck of it bc fans of his AAL project wanted official releases of some of the songs. I'm not really sure why pitchfork is obsessing over it

Nicolas Jaar is one of their prizes musicians. Probably because he’s both amazing and it gives them street cred

He's taking the piss. Poor and middle class people used to take cheesy pictures like that! Good one, Gus Dapperton, how original.

Maybe he'll wear an "ugly Christmas sweater" next!

I agree. i think he's my favorite active electronic artist. when he dropped this (and it took pitchfork like 2 weeks to even notice) they freaked out and treated it like it was some brand new experiment of his lol

For sure, ambient/electronic they usually do pretty well on. They cover a lot of smaller releases and get excited over some good stuff(Jaar, Caribou, Jamie XX) to name a few. Surprised they never reviewed Tycho’s most recent record though, much less pan it(I’m a fan of his, for the record)

I only really go on pitchfork for electronic music reviews. They're pretty legit and best of all they review a lot of stuff. I'm looking forward to the Kilchhofer record they reviewed a couple weeks ago. It still hasn't come out yet or leaked.

Jaar is a holdover from when p4k was good, happy to see him get the BNM