How do we get people to stop being mean to female musicians...

How do we get people to stop being mean to female musicians? Why do they have to work so much harder for respect from Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDi8PDqOYnI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

waifufags are the cancer thats killing any relevant discussion of female artists

because they're attractive and the spergs here have the mentality of prepubescent boys

Women have it so much easier in life that it takes a lot to convince me that their music is popular for more reasons than their looks/how much dick they sucked.

get laid loser

not an argument
you can't unironically think clairo would be where she is now if she was an ugly man

please have sex before you go elliot roger

Why don't you just go back to plebbit instead?

that's still not an argument

people who hate women with vitriol make me really suspect their sexuality. if you hate women that much why on earth would you want to be around one?

go fuck a dude if you hate them so much and think men are so superior jesus

You're arguments are literally "virgin!" and "you're gay!". Don't you know you have to be over 18 to post here?

I don't hate women at all. I just have an issue with the way they abuse society's rules.

k idc
i can tell youre a future school shooter in the making Sup Forumstard. please get laid so we dont lose more lives

Both are probably true

We know at least one is and the other is very possible

Lol the opinions on on /mu matter literally ~not at all~

rekt

See, that's all you have. If you weren't such an edgy little cunt I'd pity you.

if you're reading this, throw your swans records in the fucking garbage and go to a local show

You hate an entire gender of people because they won't have sex with you. You think they're all "inferior" and treat them as a monolith. It's pathetic. Get laid.

Guess what, I'm not a virgin.

This

>Why do they have to work so much harder
clairo has never and will never have to work hard for something in her life

And I'm MC Ride

yall need to learn to respect female artists
its not just clairo but artists like bjork grimes chvrches kate bush etc who make far better music than you ever will get disrespected and reduced to sex objects. its pathetic.

>market yourselves sexually
wtf guys stop sexualising me you sexists!

Bjork, Kate Bush, and Grimes are great. I have no problem applauding legitimate female artists. But the truth is a lot of them are whores that game the system.

so celebrate good female musicians rather than perpetuating this judgement?

Not as long as hardworking male artists have to compete with whores who were handed success.

Get laid

>have to work so much harder for respect from Sup Forums?
Because:
1. They usually make basic shit. This is probably due to males incline to be more risk taking and want to be different.

2. Women have sex appeal far greater than males so many of them get away with poor music because waifufags will whiteknight for them.

Clairo is a prime example of both of these examples, she makes meme soundcloud tier shit. Shes like the female version of joji except with a lighter vibe. Joji gets ripped apart on here any second hes brought up, Clairo at least gets some discussion because whiteknights defend her to no end.

sounds like something a virgin would say

>arguingwithholes.jpg
see

Nice refutation. Really eloquent. You're gonna go far kid.

you're right lil pump is the epitome of hardworking male.

I'm gonna stop arguing with you now since you're clearly a beta incel

This is why i hate people... so shortsighted

Please, just get a girlfriend.

Refer to once again.
Rappers are just as bad as whores for the industry, I'll give you that one.

yeah and there arent thousands of shitty generic male bands

fuck off
stop generalizing 50% of the population

why does this board defend women

fucking soy

don't argue with the small minded manchildren. they leave more thottys for us

t. Incel

i think those who face problem and are meant to be supported are the female producers not singers or dancer/singer abominations... because people don't see their faces or attractiveness (or it isn't in focus)
or maybe it is already established that females should work in a field where their attractiveness and beauty is constantly on display that's why they get treated badly behind the scene
that's the actual problem here

Anyway listen to No Age, they're not getting as much attention as they should. They're excellent.
youtube.com/watch?v=WDi8PDqOYnI

Name a female majority band that changed music in anyway and I could always list 10 male only bands that had a larger effect. Has a female band ever even had close to the impact something like the beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Kraftwerk, Black Sabbath, Metallica, etc etc. There not a single female majority band who comes close.

remember you had the same chance of being born as a woman as you are a man now (i hope you were so that you would've killed yourself and we didn't have to tolerate you lots presence)

Wow this thread is full of fat american teenager edgelords...

>metallica fanboy
>hates women
>virgin
poetry

you have the most reddit 14 year old taste ive ever seen

>fucking soy

lol

I've never felt as disconnected from this site as I do now. What the fuck happened to you guys? Why did reddit have to infiltrate their shitty ideology and politics into fucking everything.

okay well if you wanna go with dad rock then I'd argue that Fleetwood mac counts. not female majority, but their memorable moments are due to the females in the band. If you wanna hit a more contemporary note, I'd argue that some of these pop divas push pop forward. it all depends on what angle you wanna take, and so if you want to argue male dominated genres like metal or hip hop, obviously females don't have as high of an impact, but this is changing. also metallica has done waaaay more to stagnate rock and metal than to innovate it in any way, an I say that as someone who likes metallica, especially KTA

He's right though. Name one.

S O Y
HE DOES IT AGAIN
LE SOY MEME
EPIC
BTFO
SOYPOSTER TRIGGERS LIBTARDS KEKS

Sup Forums got associated with trump and a bunch of boomer fox commenters from the donald reddit started coming to this site

>doesnt understand the profound effect metallica had on the metal genre
Regardless of if you like them. They literally changed everything from basic metal like budgie, black sabbath, iron maiden, motorhead, etc into full blown thrash metal which lead into all the "extreme" metal genres.

Metal fucking sucks and doesn't matter to anyone outside its niche fanbase

The Shaggs
although not as widely known because of being real old, they were influential

Metallica has sold 63 million records.

>le joke band
>influental

kek this is the best you can come p with, the fucking shaggs

>niche fanbase
Its literally one of the most popular genres in the world. You realize that places like mexico or india have tons of kids playing metal?

T. guy who just watched pitchforks history of metal

cool dont care about third world low class shitholes

>doesnt understand the profound effect metallica had on the metal genre
yep they made everyone's taste shittier and metal more mainstream (which doesn't help in anyway)

Nice goalpost moving.

>Fleetwood mac
Like you said its not even female MAJORITY, I hardly say that counts.
> pop divas push pop forward
Into what? Pop music is at an all time low, there are literally studies showing that pop music is the most bland its ever been.

>also metallica has done waaaay more to stagnate rock and metal than to innovate it in any way
Perhaps after RTL they did, but KTM and RTL changed metal in a good way forever. I would say they did more good than bad with the genres and ideas they helped spring.

k thx b

Whats your problem?

go read ignorant (if it's not hard on your brain)

Metal is music for low iq simpletons, simple minded hardheaded laborers and angry little people. Play metal or country music in upper crust circles, you would be laughed out of the establishment. The fanbases of these genres, along with the shallow musical content, epitomize the phrase "unwashed masses".

>k thx b yo yo yo in da house

>well-fed american cute boy

>Play metal or country music in upper crust circles, you would be laughed out of the establishment
Oh no, retards don't like something.

Lmao youre a retard its easy to talk shit online because you forget the fear

Who cares about peoples taste in music, what matters is the amount of new ideas and great music being made. Metallica nearly begin thrash metal into being by itself. Creating a new genre is a very rare thing indeed, obviously the bands before them heavy influenced metallica's KTM but KTM was a fucking MASSIVE change for the metal scene.

t. edgy fat teenager

I make more money in one week than you have ever seen in your life.

There is nothing to respect. Literally all musical innovation has been done by men. Female musicians have two modes.

1. act like a giant stupid slut
2. "guise feminism is like really important ya'll

The most famous female musicians are pop stars that dont write or produce their won music. They usually have a team of men who do it for them.

All female indie musician seem to really fucking boring feminists. Men in general arent interested in listening to some cunt whine about how evil men supposedly are.

Talk about something that isnt fucking metal, a genre that is 99% male. Compare female impact talent and innovation in genres where there is more representation

you are right... even though i don't like the direction but i guess that's just me
we are so off-topic too btw xD

Nobody cares loser

t.

the two symptoms that you mention are the result of how you treat women coming full circle

>user says women dont even have a band to challenge the greatest and most influencial bands of all time such as the beatles
>women and whiteknights respond by yelling that metal is shit
Typical women tactics lmao.

Japan has many good female musicians.

Females have only impacted the two most vapid and useless genres, pop and country.

Listen to more fucking music Sup Forums newfag

Okay well to name a few, Madonna, Britney, Lady Gaga. Like them or not, they were innovators and changed music.

Back to the metallica thing, they've been making boring, generic metal for about 30 years now. Any good they did in developing thrash has been undone by their subsequent work. Then again maybe I'm just salty due to the fact that they were utterly the most dissapointing live performance I've ever seen

another thing i have thought of. this is a pretty esoteric idea. I think since men are forced to suppress their emotions in order to appear masculine by society that men usually express that pent up frustration into art. And sometimes that comes out in a very beautiful way.

Men in general are usually good at focusing on something. A man can shut himself in his room for 5 years and hyper focus on mastering music or production

Women are social creatures. And the only thing they need to do is look pretty.

Show me a female jazz instrumentalist on par with Coltrane or Ellington.

literally all of the Sup Forums is in this one thread

I already did, I listed the beatles and kraftwerk. I could also include things like Bowie or MJ if you want pop. how about Jhonny Cash, Elvis Presley, Sex Pistols, etc etc

/thread

this slays the white knight cuck

women are incapable of understanding art

if you think society "favors women" or women have it easier, get fucking laid already before you shoot up a school

all music doesn't happen in america... all the world isn't america
but our music history mostly (if not only) covers america, which is really good discrimination against women
so... there you go
that's the root of the problem

you're just trying to add fuel to the fire

feel for all the Sup Forums incels itt who will fuck thicc art school qts

also. meryl garbus, or however you spell it is objectively one of the most creative musicians of this decade

Women dont belong on this side of humanity