There are anons on this board RIGHT NOW who don't think that Treasure Planet was the greatest movie of the Disney...

>There are anons on this board RIGHT NOW who don't think that Treasure Planet was the greatest movie of the Disney Renaissance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MmOI1P8LjJs
youtube.com/watch?v=bz8_iHHejwI
youtube.com/watch?v=bRfoYB7BTxs
youtube.com/watch?v=KNqH9aXcXtk
youtube.com/watch?v=ahVKiBDMBHw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>watching cartoons

fuck off weeb

>Disney boy GOAT
Treasure Planet

>Disney girl GOAT
Tangled

>Disney animal GOAT
Lion King with Oliver & Co as an honorable mention

The "Disney Renaissance" ended with Pocahontas. Everything after that, including Hercules, Mulan, Atlantis, Hunchback, Tarzan, and Treasure Planet were shit.

This nigga's face gave me nightmares as a kid. There was a scene where his face was in a cloud or something? It freaked me the fuck out.

i tried watching treasure planet a few years ago

ugly character designs already had me disinterested

saw a fart joke, turned it off

fuck that movie

Mulan is top tier kino and so is Emperor's New Groove, kys

Yeah, but that feline captain in the thigh boots was fucking sexy.

>being a furry
kys

atlantis was better

>The "Disney Renaissance" ended with Pocahontas.
objectively wrong
Everything after that, including Hercules, Mulan, Atlantis, Hunchback, Tarzan, and Treasure Planet were shit.
opinion and also very, VERY shit taste

the mother was a milf tho

>Implying Pocahontas is good

Was she just reused Belle art assets?

>atlantis was better

That direct-to-DVD series of shorts they did was actually great.

Mulan was the last great film of the Disney Renaissance, Atlantis was the last good film. Then it all turned to shit for a long ass time.

Although Emperor's New Groove was GOAT desu, I just don't put it with renaissance Disney because the humour is so different

but TP is my favorite disney movie

It was too stylistically ugly and visually unappealing (especially the character designs) to become a classic

>too stylistically ugly and visually unappealing
are you memeing? is this a bit?

>lists off some of the strongest disney films as bad
>implies pocahontas is good

fuck you lad

Hunchback turns into kino without the gargoyles.

Can't we all just agree that all Disney animated movies have their merits and discussing which one is the best is just pointless because that is Lilo and Stitch?

>grown men arguing which disney movie is the best

never change Sup Forums

Your taste is inferior.

I can't agree with you unless you post some thicc Nani

One of my faves, thanks for the nostalgia OP.

Who cares about Disney when you can watch literal Dreamworks masterpieces

>implying it isn't Hercules

was close, but I saw Hercules wins the boy-GOAT.

Tangled was cartoonkino, though, shame Frozen and other shit took over because of SJWs. Which is weird, since Rapunzel was a much stronger and better constructed character than any of their new stuff

atlantis
>cool stuff
>mole
treasure island
>cool stuff

treasure island>atlantis

>tfw an obscure kid's cartoon is better scripted, developed, and shot than the recent multi-million dollar blockbusters

Hahaha, sheeeeit. The score was better than retry much anything original I've watched in the last 4-5 years

Treasure Planet had Morph. Your argument is invalid.

Morph was...bad? is that what you're trying to say?

is a literal 5/10 simply because that "messing with the big boys" song is cringeworthy as FUCK

i didn't have a problem with morph
will admit that ben was fucking cancer

nigga pls, even in that song the visuals were amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=MmOI1P8LjJs
youtube.com/watch?v=bz8_iHHejwI
youtube.com/watch?v=bRfoYB7BTxs

>Ultimate I why did dad leave core

Treasure Planet is inferior in every way to Muppet Treasure Island.

doesn't matter when the SONG part of the song sucked dick

WHEN YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL PIRATE

fact.

Never seen it, but saw the muppet christmas carol last month, fuck that is some good kino.

Muppets version was better

B-List Disney movie rankings:

God Tier: Great Mouse Detective, Treasure Planet, Meet The

Good Tier: Robin Hood, Fox and The Hound, Rescuers Down Under, Oliver and Company, Brother Bear, Dinosaur

Mediocre Tier: Aristocats, Rescuers 1, Black Cauldron, Atlantis The Lost Empire, maybe Bolt

Shittier than shit tier: Home on The Range, Chicken Little

Swap brother bear and Atlantis and you got a good list.

>That opening song

>actually met odin
>killed a terror from the deep
>met scary native american wolf spirit shape shifters

the world of atlantis seems like a great place for more stories

>Hercules
>bad
I will fucking end you.

>meet the robinsons over robin hood, fox and the hound and atlantis

Eh, at the end of the day all Atlantis was was a big action movie focusing on flash over substance while TP and BB were more about the drama and characterizations.

This

It was basically superman not hercules

campy phil collins made brother bear worthwhile

All movies are inferior to Muppet Treasure Island

That movie had it all
Proper art direction, top notch VA, one of the best scores ever

Mate, Playing with the Big Boys was great, the visuals really made it
When you believe is the worst of the movie

god? is that you?

Objectively garbage opinion.

Tarzan would be a perfect movie if it wasn't for Rosie Odonnell and Tantor

>Phil Collins soundtrack
>One of Disney's most well animated 2d movies, especially for the year 1999
>that raw emotion like the scene when You'll Be in My Heart starts playing and the mother gorilla tells baby Tarzan she'll keep him safe

Tarzan is a fucking masterpiece, fuck you

Don't mind me, I'm just the best aesthetics in any Disney movie

Apparently there was actually gonna be a cartoon series and one episode would feature them meeting the Gargoyles. The only episodes made were put together for the DTV movie.

More importantly
Which song is better
Hellfire or The Plagues?

this, a damn shame interest fizzled out. so much potential

>having a WWI aesthetic mixed with some Jules Verne
That's basically cheating though

>Just Phil Collins
youtube.com/watch?v=KNqH9aXcXtk

I also found it funny that Brave was a blatant rip-off of this movie despite BB being a much better one with a more inspiring moral as opposed to "If your mother doesn't let you do what you want, turn her into a bear and nearly get killed and don't worry you'll still be called a strong female icon" bullshit.

Where can I watch this? Also, can someone rank the Muppet movies for me? I want to get into them

Tangled main characters all were a lot more interesting than most

Treasure Island and Christmas Carol are gold
I liked Muppet Theatre but I lost the tape years ago

mulan and pocahantas are both overrated,hercules is underrated even though the mythos all over the place.

Tarzan also went really far for a Disney movie into showing the gruesome demise of the villain
Showing the hanged corpse of Clayton in the shadow was pretty brutal when I was just a kid

I
WANT A MOMENT TO BE REAL
WANNA TOUCH THINGS I DON'T FEEL

>Hercules
>Underrated

Doesn't prevent it from Disney bringing it up everywhere. Hell, it got a TV series, has a world in almost every Kingdom Hearts game (Even being the first one revealed for 3 and the Rock Titan being the first non-Donald Duck and Goofy Disney character to appear.), and Hades being one of the stars of various villain-themed shows at Disney parks.

>obscure

most christfags forced their kids to watch this.

Not only does it masterfully develop emotional character dynamics between Tarzan and his mother, but his father-son relationship where he constantly seeks his fathers approval, and the "first love" relationship with Jane where he finds out for the first time there are other humans, yet, he is conflicted as he has struggled to fit in with the gorillas his entire life, on the surface it's the discovery of something he has been searching for his entire life, he finally finds a place he can belong, but it would mean abandoning his lifelong home in the jungle and he is emotionally torn by the decision to leave a place where he was never accepted in the first place, because it's still his home.

on top of all that it's a top tier love story and even the humor still holds up

WANNA HOLD ON
AND FEEEEEEEL I BELONG

Since when is Pocahontas overrated? It gets shit on pretty consistently.

Its underrated compared any disney movie featuring a "princess" is what meant.

It seems like people talk about tarzan/ENG more aswell,Which is fine cause all 3 are great movies.

I can confirm, my cousins were/are hardcore Christians and they watched The Prince of Egypt all the time. ALL the time.

Tarzan is easily in the same league as Lion King/Toy Story and the other god tier Disney films

Literally all of those are fucking kino. Neck youreself pleb.

Maybe on Sup Forums or by some YT reviewers but otherwise i hear nothing but good things.

To be fair, if you're going to be forced to watch super religious movies, it's certainly at the top of the barrel.

Nigga that's the best part. Even references Kek.
I bet you don't even praise him.

the only annoying thing i really had to sit through was veggetales tbqh.

otherwise the church i went to made a huge deal about watching passion of the christ and the prince of egypt.

it was a great time be a christian kinowise.

>Mulan
>Hunchback
>Hercules
>""""""shit"""""
what the fuck is wrong with you?

>not liking Veggie Tales

these shitty comics are what i think of when i hear about treasure planet

i can't unsee it.
thanks for ruining a movie for me user

Fuck, this reminds me of that incredibly turbo-autistic fan music video that spliced Amelia from TP and Jane from Tarzan into a really good sequencing like they were lovers.

/r/ing it now, forgot what it was called.

Dad approved kino

this

youtube.com/watch?v=ahVKiBDMBHw

lel, the sheer amount of absolute autism required to fuel this masterpiece is astounding.

I'm pretty sure Atlantis gave me my fear of large creatures in the Ocean.

It gave me the desire to ride a flying mechanical fish with laser beams.

Tarzan is pretty fucking shit m8.
>Uninteresting characters whose arcs are either nonexistant or can be seen from miles away
>Cliche story line (outsider defecting to recently discovered new group, or questioning man vs animal relationship).
>Generic Phil Collins score that is so annoying and on the nose, any emotional pull of the songs feel forced and cheap
>Shitty voice acting (especially the two worthless sidekicks, the monkey and elephant)

BUT HOW
CAN THE WORLD WANT ME TO CHANGE

Why does it have a sunken ship as its body?

100+ replies and no best Waifu?!!

I came into this thread just to be sure that ol disneyfan01 was not just some hazy nightmare from 10 years ago.

Someone post the video where shes in Love with the chick from Tarzan, it's so bizarrely well made.

THEYRE THE ONES THAT STAY THE SAAAAAAME