What does Sup Forums think of ISIS?

What does Sup Forums think of ISIS?

I really hate the bombing and shit, but I can understand they were betrayed by the west

the ONLY good atmo sludge is that one neurosis album, it should have never taken off

Phat

Where did you steal this epic contrarian opinion from?

bravo

Pretty good

Overrated 2bh

Cuck metal

Which one? ISIS went a lot more post rock in their later stuff, which admittedly wasn't as good. But the Neurosis influence is definitely there.

name one(1) good atmospheric sludge other than through silver in blood
i dare you

Panopticon?

haha no, nice try though

Look I get Neurosis invented the genre but it doesn't have end with them too.

it should have, every album that followed it was a pale imitation and did poorly what neurosis did correctly.

Ok, I respect that.

Any of Pelican's first three albums
Boris - Feedbacker

Nu-male metal

Boris was never atmo sludge, im not talking about drone/doom here as there are good atmospheric drone albums

Hello /metal/

dont lump me in with those retards i dont need buzzwords to get my point across

Define "atmo sludge", because bands like Neurosis and ISIS could easily be described as post-metal, which you could apply to certain Boris albums too. Feedbacker isn't really drone.

Through Silver in Blood is the base of what I'm using to define atmo-sludge. Its not really post-metal. Bands like ISIS can be called post metal since they pulled from post-rock to achieve the atmosphere but its not good.

mfw listening to ISIS with my fellow thinking-man

Why listen to other albums when Panopticon is the logical conclusion to metal?

I had to unlike their Facebook page after the dirty Muslims ruined their name, like they ruin everything

Isn't the page called ISIS the band?