Ive been on Sup Forums on and off for years and i know this thread is made like everyday now...

ive been on Sup Forums on and off for years and i know this thread is made like everyday now, but i needed to say that this really is the worst it has ever been. its never been that good but this is awful. id say 15% of threads are actually talking about music even then you have the people who are just yelling about soy or whatever buzz word is trendy of the day. there are so many just dumb threads about 69, grimes, death grips, people talking about how much they hate them, "what does he listen to" threads, frogpeople, "idgi" threads, and its ok to support these artist that are memed here or not thats not the point its the spam of them and the spam of those type threads. even when something thats ok like a 7/10 comes out its spammed to hell (you know what im talking about) to the point where its just silly.

idk how you all can both act like music is your life and how you are so much better because your music taste while also posting this crap. if you showed this board to a normal person they would think its a joke.

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bp23M2mHYJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let me ask you a question, OP:

Do you think it's even possible to discuss music, on this medium, on a level beyond 'I liked it', I didn't like it' ?

Shitposting just fills the void, there's really nothing to fucking discuss.

its Sup Forums. they destroyed this website. just report any republican bullshit you see on here and Sup Forums will be decent again

There is plenty of music out there, share new albums, listen to shit people post, there you got discussion going

i do
"hey what are some albums like this?"
"what do you think about the producing on this album"
post about experiences at concerts. what you are excited for. what you expect for whoevers new album. i can go on in on without havent to shitpost 69 or grimes

>what is music theory

the problem is Sup Forums is full of newfags and Sup Forumstards who refuse to listen to any new music so they either circlejerk the same albums or are just here to shitpost memes and Sup Forums debate

No, you misunderstood me.

Even if every single thread was about an amazing 10/10 album that no one had ever listened to before, the depth of discussion will always be very,very shallow.

Tbh, the only worth this board has is getting recs and that's about it

>report any republican bullshit
what about democrat bullshit?

>"what do you think about the producing on this album"
jesus christ, kys.

that's something that 99.99999999999999999% of pop music listeners don't know. have fun posting here with like other 2 people

Lmao, any thread on music theory is bound to be either filled with pseuds or die in like 2 posts.

Literally impossible on Sup Forums.

That's not a problem on here compared to Sup Forumstards spamming soy memes and about how "nigger jew degenerate music" sucks

i dont think the discussion of loveless is very shallow. a lot of people have good points of it and have made me like the album more because of it. this is just one example

I personally feel like loveless discussion threads are only shallow.

I wish we could post sound clips to this board, even /gif/ gets sound, but Sup Forums doesn't get anything.

This, desu. It's /pols/ fault. they left their containment board and leak their politics into everything.

Sup Forums especially this year does suck big time.

>Popular album or artist is labeled soy or nu-male
>Constant soundcloud rap spammed
>Bitching how much they hate a certain artist
>"What does he listen to"

Very funny, user.

You're retarded, if you really think this why are you even on this board? Just to shitpost?

Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-ZIIING

To occasionally find good music, that's the only positive utility out of this place.

Do you really think it's a good use of time argue with retards about the same album that's been discussed a billion times over?

this.

also sharethreads are fucking garbage now. so there isn't anything to spur discussion on the board. new releases are shit and exploring genres/bands/albums as a board has completely dissolved. just meme posting. i only really come here every couple a days now to check in. shit sucks.

whatever but it's become the point of way too many threads rather than just a consequence of them

democrat shit is starting to flare up on Sup Forums too though, people are beginning to post stereotypical offended leftist shit, I expect there to be some newfags here and there but it's gotten to where it's blatant that it's done to incite the board

Sup Forums shouldn't be a place for politics in general. i come here to turn my brain off and find music. i'm an economics major so I get enough of that stuff everyday. fuck both parties. instead let's get people shit posting about monetary policy.

normie

>democrat shit is starting to flare up on Sup Forums too though, people are beginning to post stereotypical offended leftist shit
Except most of the time is Sup Forums false flagging and baiting. I'm pretty sure there is no such things as liberals on the chans in general. /leftypol/ being the only exception, but even then they are not liberals and sure as shit don't get into idpol arguments.

That's done by falseflagging right wingers trying to bait responses. You honestly think people are that dumb to be so obnoxious too?

i honestly wish people would just dump a list of artists they listen to

That's what last.fm is for

I agree, I am really close to leaving this board now, when I make threads I get 10 replies at best, but shitposting gets over 100.

It's been like this since 2010

O B S E S S E D

>tfw been here only since 2012
Fuck

enlightened

Pre-2010 was more of a community with more social threads but Moot killed all that off.

But then you still had the buzzwords, spammers, waifutards etc

curious then. if any of you could make a thread and it would be immune to shit posting what threads would you make/wanna see?

Madchester threads

Fucking bring it back. What threads have you made? Even a little bit of good, genuine music discussion is worth sifting througH the shit imo. The board as a whole is cancer, but some people here actually come to talk about music. At least it’s not as gay as reddit

Most pop music isn't that interesting from a theory standpoint. You'd quickly reduce to talking about vague things like impressions and emotions which is what Sup Forums does now (in its own primitive way).

it's possible yes, but you are correct in that most people on this board don't have the musical vocabulary to do so

can you demonstrate on this song? i will partake and reply
youtube.com/watch?v=Bp23M2mHYJE

ill start. the intro i think is genius. i feel its super theatrical and i can see florin shordo in the grey moon lit clouds riding the body of jesus. and it all truly sounds maniacal to me, pure evil. the whole album is a story of a demon uprising and its orchestrated so well. its cool to me that one can take his instrument and wield it as tho he/she is a fucking demon playing to story unwinding infront of us. i love the bass tone, sounds like the embodiment of doom. the drums i believe were spliced up from actual playing and then added onto afterwords. you can hear it in the disgusting blast beats. it sounds like a machine resting at the bottom of marianas trench designed to pulverize hopes and dreams at an alarming rate. the vocals i admire how coherent they are but at the same time dont sacrifice brutal delivery. the pitch change to it was fitting. the chant in the middle is fabulous, haunting. i love how he splashes in the abrupt explosions of instruments. like hes splashing on a concoction of blood, shit, mud and flesh onto a canvas. you can hear the viscosity of all the tones and feel the violent attack the instruments carry through the whole song. i imagine a sword shaking the blood off its edge. with each shake the sins are slung off and splatter to the ground. whole album i love. and id love to talk about it with anyone.

You clearly are new to Sup Forums and probably joined somewhere after 2011/2012.

Let me add that even though there was shit posting before 2010, there was much more of a community and a lot more threads actually discussing music. Share threads, chart threads, oh boy it was the place to be. It still is the place to be, just got to learn to avoid most people.