The end scene with Vader was so blatantly tacked on during a reshoot because the studio heads said "DUDE WE NEED MORE...

The end scene with Vader was so blatantly tacked on during a reshoot because the studio heads said "DUDE WE NEED MORE VADER FOR THE FANS LMAO"

Also, James Earl Jones sounded old as fuck, kinda depressing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r2JqKSoIaOo?t=14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

still the best scene in the film, and i loved the film but vader stole it, he should of killed the main character or two though

Vader was already in the script.

One of the ideas for the ending was the protagonists getting massacred by Vader instead of random rebels.
It'd be really nice. The protagonists kick ass the entire movie then when they face Vader, he kills them easily.

>brings out a major character in the franchise
>MUH FAN SERVICE

“What was added — and it was a fantastic add — was the Vader action scene, with him boarding the ship and dispatching all those rebel soldiers,” he tells Yahoo Movies. “That was something conceptualized a little later.”

It was literally added in a reshoot for fan service.

>movie set 30 minutes before the ot uses vehicles from the ot
>fan service
>flick set 30 years later ueses vehicles from the ot
>it was perfect, it was everything i wanted

Activates my neurons

So the fuck what? It was great fan service that we deserve after Lucas raped the prequels. Fuck off nigger.

If you didn't get chills for the full 3 seconds of the shot of just pitch black hallway before Vader turned on his lightsaber then you're a real special kind of bitch.

>“In a night scene Vader absolutely lays waste to a Rebel ground Squad,” Reddit user KeepR1Dark writes. “Unfortunately this is one of the scenes we have to water down. We made it like something from the old slasher/horror films. Rebel soldiers who joked about a boogie man with magical powers and then minutes later are absolutely wasted.”

This was back from when the reshoots were happening and they talked about watering the film down and rumours of reshooting 50% of the movie.

I don't get it, why did they have to board that ship and then board that other ship in the next movie? Just blow them up!

I don't understand how anyone can find rogue one enjoyable. It was incredibly dull and boring to the point that the only coup de Grace it had, the Vader scenes came across as cheap and ineffective. It had some nice CGI and set pieces but everything else about it was bad.

i didnt think so, but, whatever

>best scene
naw, pic related

>I don't understand how anyone can find rogue one enjoyable
>nice CGI and set pieces
You answered your own question retard.

>dull and boring
>dull
>boring

fuckin how? its the most action weve ever seen in a star wars movie.

>Tfw the best part of the movie was the beginning on the farm because the script was great, the colours were great and the plot remained simple until the movie started for real and devolved into a clusterfuck.

The worst part of Vader in R1 was the shitty Batman and Robin level pun he said to Krennic.

the last vader scene was the best part of this shitty movie. what a goddamn letdown.

Lots of shilling itt

>the most action
Action is dull and boring if you don't care about the characters or the plot ya dingus. Just keep eating that icing reddit fanboy.

This, I almost screamed in autismal rage in the theater when that happened. Made me sick.
I didn't want the snipers to get me though.

Yeah god forbid they make a movie that fans will enjoy

probably not enough comic book plotting for the typical man-child

example:

> It was great fan service that we deserve after Lucas raped the prequels.
This has to stop being an excuse at some point.

>reddit

theres no talking to you.

The prequels are objectively supperior and way more enjoyable then this quick diversity cash grab to milk the star wars license for what it's worth.

You're talking to him you nu male cuck

>still the best scene in the film
watched it on cam, butit wasn't as epic as everybody mentions it. retard Vader throws everyone to everywhere, EXCEPT the one visible faggot behind... also i bet he could easile "mindgrap" the ones BEHIND the door, since he should think they've what he's searching for.

most overrated scene in filmhistory

whats with the hostility?

That isn't a bad thing.
Good film makers don't just do everything in the script 1:1.

Nah, the battle on Scarif was better than anything in the prequels even if at times it was ridiculous.

Watch the OT. Vader was a quipaholic.

>"Waaah stop calling Ray a Mary Sue! You people just keep saying Mary Sue without understanding that a Mary Sue is"

>"At-St FANSERVICE, Stormtroopers FANSERVICE, oh At-Ats FANSERVICE, Vader Fanservice, oh wait we were wrong and their less armoured AT-ACT's that were transports for Island bases? Fanservice!"

>>still the best scene in the film
>watched it on cam
That's why you didn't like it. Shit was intense on the big screen with the speakers.

Why is everyone such a jaded cunt? Can't anybody like something anymore?

I liked when Vader's jazz hand was shown then strings picked up a redshirt then smashed redshit into the wall

It is like a fan film only put out by Disney

It's not called being jaded, the movie is objectively a 5/10 at best.

You're opinion is invalid because in order to get to that point in the film you had to sit through a bunch of unlikable one dimensional characters going through a series of convuluted events that feel like a chore to watch through.

It's a 4/10 at it's core, that gets slightly eleveted because of the source material and some neat cinematography.

So yeah, a solid 5/10 that would be forgotten by february if not for Star Wars.

(You)

I didn't enjoy because of how jaded the film felt. It so relentlessly grim, the highlight of which was apparently meant to be Vader murder killing some rebels in a sealed chamber. It's not the kind of thing that makes me go youtu.be/r2JqKSoIaOo?t=14s

Oh, fuck off. That video was meant to start when Han goes "YEEEHOOOO", anyway.

This so much, it woulda added to his villiany, but no cant have darth vader be too scary now. And lets give him a quip while were at it.

>And lets give him a quip while were at it.

mfw he tells the chap in the white jacket "don't choke on your ambition".

This movie was TOO DARK. My kids and I cried during it. This is not the Star Wars I know and want my kids to grow up with.

At least Rogue One was better than the shitfest that was TFA, though, to be fair, that isn't particularly hard.

>don't choke on your ambition

no no, it's much better than that, it's

>don't choke on your aspirations

My 8 Year Old asked me after the film if he was going to die. We were figuratively shaking!

this

I have vision impairment and my eyes watered trying to see things because of how badly the film was lit

Get over it scrub nub.