>Tool - Lateralus
>Megadeth - Rust In Peace
>Metallica - ...And Justice For All
>Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
>Death - Human
>Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots
>Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

the hardest metal known to man

Tool is my all time favorite, i almost have every song by them. I need something to widen my arsenal, and you're picks are excellent,

Into this wooorrrlddd of wonder, from the starlight sky, for a lifetime of freeedooom

Here you go
>Iron Maiden - Powerslave
>Black Sabbath - Paranoid
>Motorhead - Overkill
>Metallica - Master of Puppets
>Megadeth - Rust in Peace
>Slayer - Reign in Blood
>Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
>Anthrax - Among the Living
>Exodus - Bonded by Blood
>Testament - The New Order
>Trivium - Shogun
>Mastodon - Leviathan
>Korn - Korn
>Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
>Death - Scream Bloody Murder
>Kreator - Extreme Aggression
>Deep Purple - Machine Head
>Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt I
>Blind Guardian - Nightfall on Middle Earth
>Machine Head - The Blackening
>Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies
>Tool - Aenima
>Opeth - Blackwater Park
>Dream Theater - Train of Thought

Nice, Nice, niceee

Loads of people say to check out Coheed & Cambria if you like Tool. I don't like C&C at all, but that's what everyone seems to rec.
I'm also terribly ignorant of the metal scene past the 2000's, bar stuff like Deafheaven & Mastodon that I really enjoy.

Ghost is also a very good band. They're unique with their music and aesthetics.

>Dream Theater
Good list otherwise.

>...and Justice for All

My nigga

I actually have listened to Ghost, a friend told me to check them out. I think I listened to Meliora.
I wasn't too sold on it to be honest, but I feel like they're one of those bands you have to see live to really "get" them.

While I think covered it best, I'll do my take.
Trad/NWOBHM
>Saxon - Denim and Leather
>Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
>Motorhead - Ace of Spades
>Iron Maiden - Powerslave
>Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Thrash
>Metallica - Ride the Lightning
>Slayer - Hell Awaits
>Megadeth - Rust in Peace
>Exodus - Bonded by Blood
>Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Early Black Metal
>Venom - Black Metal
>Mercyful Fate - Melissa
>Sodom - In the Sign of Evil
>Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
>Bathory - s/t
Death Metal
>Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
>Death - Leprosy
>Possessed - Seven Churches
>Obituary - Cause of Death
>Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos

Awesome, thanks nibba

Master of Reality > Paranoid

Ride The Lightning > Master of Puppets

Peace Sells... > Rust In Peace

Nostro dis pater,
Nostr'alma mater

Zero bait, my negro. I fucking love the abrasive scooped guitars (the only metal album where scooping the mids sounds good) and the proggy songwriting. Literally the only downside IMO is that "To Live Is To Die" runs for too long. Everything else, especially the title track, is a masterpiece.

Neurosis and Agalloch and also Devin and Townsend

black metal is the only metal I like. most black metal I dislike as well but here's some I do like.

>>Death - Scream Bloody Murder

He Is video is kino
youtu.be/7hMaHDTw-pI

Every answer that isn't this is wrong and bullshit

Devourment = Wiggercore garbage.

Can confirmed they are really good live

youtube.com/watch?v=EolgeKH4jkw
youtube.com/watch?v=t_F8PVCJ_po
youtube.com/watch?v=mEg4TKi3Los
youtube.com/watch?v=XsY9Px-Oxhw
youtube.com/watch?v=tTsVfwkMDIM
youtube.com/watch?v=Lb_OmMxY4H8
youtube.com/watch?v=sI_vDm172Zw

>Trivium - Shogun
>Mastodon - Leviathan
>Korn - Korn
>Machine Head - The Blackening
>Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies

lol what? for best metal albums?

And Deep Purple is great but were never metal. I'd go with In Rock though

Metal is for children.

If you don't like it then why are you giving it the attention?

Most of the stuff itt's pretty great, but Imma post some slightly lesser known stuff that I think has a good chance of being considered top tier.

>The Lord Weird Slough Feg (or just Slough Feg) - Traveller
This is a trad metal album with trad riffs but more complex Old School Death Metal-esque structures compared to most trad's structure which is closer to hard rock music's so there are more riffs here than most trad albums as each song develops a lot (and some of the longer ones even have changes in mood.) The vocalist Mike Scalzi's has a very distinct voice, and his lyrics which are based in the world of sci fi RPG system Traveller, are actually pretty well written if you look into the lyrics more deeply. All this being said, the album is surprisingly tough to digest for some as Scalzi's distinct voice can take some time to get used to depending on who you are and if you aren't used to the more complex song structure the riffs will just whiz by you with you not remembering a thing.
youtu.be/hH26F6kvhUY

>Infester - To the Depths... In Degradation
There's shades of Florida OSDM's technical intensity, New York OSDM's slower brutal bits, and European OSDM's almost black metal-esque usage of tremolos in here. Very occasional synth bits, too. But not only are they from Seattle, you probs won't care about all this when you listen to this. You'll notice first that this album has one of the filthiest production jobs done on a death metal album, and those vocals are not only unique but deranged. It's something that definitely may take time to get used to, but the production and vocals really take the atmosphere to the next level of dark that's not usually seen in death metal. So it's that unique atmosphere and the variety of riffing the band transitions through that really makes this a great death metal record. It's 54 minutes long though so it can come off as exhausting if you go at the whole thing in one go.
youtu.be/ZxpkqxoRNjM

>دمار (Damaar) - Triumph Through Spears Of Sacrilege
My favorite of the war metal kind of black metal albums. Arabic guys from Lebanon making anti Islam black metal. Interesting premise, no? The vocalist has a higher pitched shriek rather than the typically lower pitched vocals of this type of music which makes them stand out rather than be muddy with the rest of the music, and the delivery's something else, too. There's this wall of sound production on the guitars which are playing these grindy black metal riffs so the whole thing sounds like it's enveloping you while those vocals are hitting you directly.
youtu.be/j3NYrnanq-c

>Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash
I have mentioned this record on here every opportunity I get. To me, Electric Wizard's Dopethrone has one of the best tones and atmospheres of any doom metal record. But it kinda lacks in terms of riffs where it often sticks to just a couple for entire tracks, not a lot the artists are communicating. With this album, that thick as fuck sound not only gets a little tweak, but most importantly there's creative riffing for days on this album, it's doesn't feel like it drags like Dopethrone does at times. This album constantly riffs without giving up the atmosphere that would potentially be lost by riffing so much.
warhorsesl.bandcamp.com/releases

Burn yourself out on all that shitty stoner doom you used to shill?

Festering vomitous mass is a killer track!

I to like the chase music from scooby doo

Here's some heavier stuff

Sepultura-
Arise
Roots

Solstice
Solstice

Demolition hammer
Tortured existence

Havok
Time is up
Conformicide

Cancer
Death shall rise

Cannibal corpse
Butchered at birth
Red before black

Iron maiden
Powerslave
(Other user recommended it but I can't recommend that iron maiden album enough...also it's not "heavy" when compared to bands on this list)

Harms way
Post human

Nile
What should not be unearthed

Death
Leprosy
Spiritual healing

But... DAD, not everything from the past is good

>Ride the Lightning > Master of Puppets
Oh my god is that a correct opinion?

RTL would have been better than MOP if Escape didn't exist. I agree with the other 2 though.

very heavy stuff

Malevolent creation
Retribution
Dead Man's Path

Death
Human
Individual Thought Patterns

Strapping young Lad
City
Alien

Cannibal corpse
the bleeding
torture

the only good machine head albums are burn my eyes and more things change. everything past that is too edgy and middle schooly