Beginner jazz albums

So I listen to a all lot of the same hipster faggot shit you guys listen to (pic related). But I'm going out with my crush in a couple days and her friend said she likes jazz. I've barely listened to jazz besides movies like whiplash/la la land etc. So what albums should I check out so I at least have a basic understanding of the genre

Other urls found in this thread:

mu4chan.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_Essentials
youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q
open.spotify.com/user/215d4uqctz63fdw5e7g3l6lhq/playlist/2vvc6ki88gFmAg8EMwtqDP?si=bD90aUvBRHeC3pKy73EZCQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A Love Supreme
Kind of Blue
Monk's Dream

It's all shit, jazz is for plebs, the girl is a pleb, just say you like some talentless hack like Coltrane if you want her to fuck you.

connect with things outside of music
don't be a surface-level, one-dimensional, fake faggot

ok so you can go ahead and ignore everything this guy says and look at these charts mu4chan.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_Essentials

>and her friend said she likes jazz
This translates to:
>I've heard a Louis Armstrong song once

>assuming we all listen to that gay shit

Great starting point if you only have a couple of days and want the crash course. Got some more beginner friendly stuff if you want to be able to drop some names into conversations.

Any of the names that were a part of The Jazz Messengers are pretty approachable if you want to seek them out.

Not nearly as friendly but might score you some points if she also appreciates how obtuse this album can be at times.

Just constantly whistle "the lick" for the entire date.
youtube.com/watch?v=krDxhnaKD7Q
But seriously, you can't go wrong with
>Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
>John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
>Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters
>Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um

Other good shouts include Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, and Dave Brubeck. If she mentions jazz fusion, bring up Chick Corea, Frank Zappa and John McLaughlin.
For SJW points you can drop some female artists like Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, Alice Coltrane, and Esperanza Spalding for a more contemporary example. Not that they're bad musicians, they're excellent in their own right, but just putting that out there.

Jazz for ants?

Nigga what? Chameleon is objectively the grooviest jazz song ever

I hate faggots like this user that shit on other people's music taste just because they don't like it. If you don't like jazz, then just hide jazz threads. No need to be such a soyboy cunt.

I don't know if you have spotify or if spotify is frowned upon here, but i'll drop this link here. If you don't have spotify, you're welcome to check out the tracklist and just search it up somewhere else for free
open.spotify.com/user/215d4uqctz63fdw5e7g3l6lhq/playlist/2vvc6ki88gFmAg8EMwtqDP?si=bD90aUvBRHeC3pKy73EZCQ

you have to start somewhere and i think music is a good place to start at

And one more chill one.

Good luck and godspeed with your crush, user

I remember liking pic related when I first got into jazz

Wholeheartedly agree, but a newcomer might get put off by the beginning of Watermelon Man or how wildly off the handle Sly gets in the middle. Just giving some fair warning in case user gets put off by it.

lol, hivemind. I guess I should have actually looked at the first before posting. I guess if OP doesn't like this album then he's probably never going to like jazz.

If I was him I wouldn't pretend to just like something for a girl. But she won't respect you if you don't like jazz and then the rest of your taste is pleb tier on top of that.

You say soyboy. You're the real faggot here

Don't be one of those generic Coltrane niggers, listen to Pat metheny. The road to you is a great live album. If you don't like live albums , listen to the white cover self titled album

t.soyboy

>no u
wow you got him

Calm down, you're both faggots. The butthurt namecaller and Stop Liking Things: The Poster

Haha it was also one of the first albums I got into after I branched out a little bit from the Davis/Coltrane/Monk. Not super challenging to listen to but it has moments that push a little bit and a great variety of sounds.

Also this, even listening to the recommendations and then being honest about why it made user discard jazz forever would be a better conversation than trying to drop names just to look like Le Sophisticated Jazz Man.

>no u
got him AGAIN

what a surprise, soyboy spammers can dish it out but they can't take it. shocking. reminds of that time the left spent decades brushing off being called degenerates and the right couldn't handle one (1) year of being called deplorables crying about it all over conservative media like the concept of "talk shit, get hit" didn't apply to them.

Listen to a bit of jazz to get the main idea, just don't actually pretend you liked it beforehand. Ask her to show you some of her favorite jazz albums.

Personally Ive never been a fan of jazz. However whenever I meet a girl Im interested in, I at least give their music a chance. So at the very least I can learn something about her and have some kind of common ground.

Maybe you're just a fucking neet like a lot of the people on this site. But its kind of hard to just jump into super deep conversations when you barely know someone. Obviously Id like to get to know her better than just surface level shit you fucking idiot.

Yeah, some of us have jobs and aren't going to waste our time trying things. Fucking losers.

Coltrane, Savoy Sessions; and A Love Supreme

exactly what I was thinking, thats why I made the thread

i'd say don't pretend to know about jazz, ask her what music she likes and then ask for her favourite, then listen to it and talk to her about it later. trust me it'll be better than acting as if you know everything

but as a mutant i'd say:
west coast jazz by stan getz
maiden voyage by herbie hancock
study in brown by clifford brown and max roach

Imagine having taste this bad? What kind of music is for patricians?

Best jazz albums with guitar in them?