How is this show? Any good?

How is this show? Any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cj-e039An04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah. pilot sucks but after that it gets good quick.

They added a stupid fucking plot to the story that didn't need to be added. Can't really spoil it but watch the last few minutes of the first episode.

Don't watch it.

Look away.

Better than the movie.

Get this thread out of the way so I can read more about black dick

Honestly, I adore every aspect of this show, but what you are talking about just doesn't sit well with me at all. Its so unecessary. In the books there wasn't even a hint of a chance of their being alive until the hospital, as far as I can recall.

t. people who didn't finish the fucking series yet, dipshits

>no SoUE animation in the style of the book covers

whats is the point

it's still a useless plot point that needlessly changes the context of the story even if it is a red herring.

First two episodes sucked, after that it got good fast.

the tone, pacing and art direction is all over the place. People shit on the 2004 movie but at least its tone, world building, and set/costume design was consistent and felt like the books.

>was consistent and felt like the books.

lol

>implying it didn't
youtube.com/watch?v=cj-e039An04

How the fuck did they give NPH a peg leg, especially a thin one like that?

Is it CGI?

Isn't that how it was in the books though? It had a very all over the place feel as well

It's funny and has an interesting style, very Tim Burton.

I just find it annoying that Count Olaf is such a buffoonish villain. The only reason he's effective is because all of the adults are comically incompetent. I haven't read the books or seen the old movies but is he the 9nly bad guy throughout the series or do we get someone who's more genuinely threatening?

he is actually extremely threatining in the books but the show and the movie made him too funny and goofy

he isn't supposed to make quips

>felt like the books.

Maybe you should re-read the books. Or re-watch the movie now that you're not 10.

I like it
I just fucking hate that they show too much of the author and it all of a sudden takes place in modern times.
The fuck

That doesn't feel like the book.

I finished it and I think it still cheapens the series. Most of the scenes themselves are spy kids-tier and the unfortunate payoff isn't worth it at all. It's also a fuck you to people who don't know who the Quagmires are and have no means of predicting that twist.

Seriously, why can't Hollywood fucking make Olaf threatening and creepy? The show and movie make him into a fucking Disney character. Its hard to take him serious in any circumstance.

>It's funny
dropped

>dat emily browning
HHHNNNGGGGG

>implying the books weren't funny

I miss Emily

>Consistent
>Felt like the books

Pick one fucktard, the only thing consistent about the books was the core plot formula and dark humor.

it was black humor. Not Marvel tier quips every minute like the show.

>Count Olaf is such a buffoonish villain.
This. It's been a long time since I read the books, but he wasn't a fucking joke like in the adaptations. Which is weird since the Author DID write the show

NPH's Olaf isn't threatening or scary, he's just kind of an asshole

I remember shit getting more serious around the 7th book, or whenever it is the orphans say fuck the police and run off on their own

I haven't noticed much quipping, just NPH trying too hard to be weird. Otherwise the humor is pretty much lifted from the book with lemonys convoluted narration and incompetent adults and shit

This

>i'm going to ____ the children
>don't you mean __
>that's what i said

violet cant act worth a shit but klaus is a qt tbqfh

Fucking Poe is such a dumbass

Dd

Books are infinitely better, hands down no contest. The sets are occasionally pretty and atmospheric, but they don't seem to do much with them really.

>its a poe is a fucking moron episode

Nailed it. I feel like they were going for something, like a charming sociopath, or a backstabbing idiot, but they missed the whole point. They made a real shit bag of a character, with glimpses of likeablility (because NPH) and then the rest of the time, you just want him to go away because he sucks.

>Maybe the show is genius because it conditions use to realize happiness is fleeting by giving you glimpses of a better show, then stripping then away with dark, weird, bullshit you hate.