BEST

This is one of the best albums ever made prove me wrong

Ny Batteri is one of my favorite songs of all time but idk as an album I don't think it competes as a best.

() > That album
But is still pretty good

Agreed.

( )

That album changed my life

i can't prove you wrong user that's your opinion :)

t. nice person

Valtari > AB = () > all the rest
Valtari is seriously underrated, I'll never understand why more people don't love it

Why would you want us to prove you wrong? Instead of that you should said what is good abot the album. That would be a lot more fun.

On my phone so I can’t do as good of a job but to begin with the Icelandic language itself is a mystery and so little people are actually fluent in it it’s cool to hear a whole avant album in it. I’ve talked with people from Iceland and when they listen to it they are also blown away with how other worldly it is, almost angelic they say. Once you learn the lore/folk about the album it enhances it even more. Each time I listen to it I find something new that I love which is always a good sign.

Meme music ecks dee

Tell me more about the lore/folk of the album

Amazing album! probably cracks into top 50 albums for me

This and () are fucking incredible. Vaka is one of the songs that makes me feel the most emotions.
Though Ara Batur is imo Sigur Ros' best song

Takk is way better than ()

IMO the album is inconsistent. I don't know if I've just gotten tired of it from listening too many times but at this point I only like a few songs on it. I did think it was one of the best albums ever when I first heard it. I still think some of the songs are among the best songs ever, and very clearly the best ever of that style. Look up the lyrics to Svefn G Englar. That song is a fucking masterpiece.

Not a meme - just a good album, kid

Takk and Valtari also fucking awesome, but there's something special in AB and (), a feeling that I won't forget

If anyone hasn't heard it Hvarf-Heim is great. It's an EP or comilation I guess. It's two discs. Has a few original songs and a lot of alternate / live acoustic versions of tracks from other albums. The version of Agaetis Byrjun on it is great.

I don't understand the appeal of Takk.

There can be more than one best albums of all time

Valtari > AB > ( ) > Med Sud > Kveikur > Takk >>> Von

Not op but here is what I can find out about it.

Icelandic lore tells of the Hidden People who live in the crags and lava of jagged mountains. Descended from the ancient guardian spirit, the Hidden People come in many forms. The tiny blómaálfar dwell in flower blossoms while the common búaálfar reside on farms. Even in this modern age of cellphones and helicopters, Icelanders continue to believe that the Hidden People are still out there somewhere. Construction workers even curve roads around rumored dwellings of the Hidden People. How can a modern people find faith in such fantasy? A heavy cloud of Norse mythology and a breathtaking raw landscape explains much of it.