Aphex Twin & Electronic Artists

I've been trying to get into electronic music.

Why do people like this Aphex Twin guy so much?
I don't really get him, but someone convince me why I should keep trying. A lot of people act like hes some kind of god.

What are some other good electronic music artists that aren't the typical Boards of Canada/Autechre/Squarepusher artists at the top of every list

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=208llBGfElE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sweet Trip
Venetian Snares

bump

I have a classical music background so I can appreciate a complicated rhythm

Joseph Nothing
BOB the Builder
Fischerspooner
Crunch
Frog Pocket
Stunt Rock
Telefon Tel Aviv

>Frog Pocket
Good pic, wish he would make another album.
I recommend Ryoji Ikeda, Alva Noto, Planetary Assault Systems, Old Apparatus, Datach'I, and Meat Beat Manifesto

youtube.com/watch?v=208llBGfElE

Wisp, fucking Wisp all the way. Honor Beats. Oh my God

Amnesia Scanner

check out the bunker records label

Electronic music is huge, user.

Trance, psytrance and happy hardcore is fun shit to rave to in a dark room full of 200 other people all fucked up on molly.

I like Jersey Club music myself.

There's house and bass house music which is pretty popular.

What's "in" right now is trap edm.

Check out big music festival flyers in America for names. EDC, Electric Zoo, Ultra and insomniac festivals to name a few. I don't know about euro shit but they have some real good stuff. Just google "(artist name) live soundcloud". Kayzo and Dombresky are cool

If you wanna get into electronic music there is no better place to start than the originals. Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, and Derrick May are all great places to start. You can move on to other Detroit greats like Robert Hood, Theo Parrish, Carl Craig, Moodyman, and Omar S after that.

You've probably heard of Oneohtrix Point Never if you've heard of all those other artists, but I really want to recommend this album. Being an OST for a movie it's not too hard to get into and it's really entertaining. Personally, his other stuff is a little too experimental for me to enjoy and this is a nice balance of ambience and experimentation.

>originals

You mean Pierrre Schaeffer, Halim El-Dabh, Charles Ives, Dimitrios Levidis, Olivier Messiaen and Edgard Varèse.

Super accessible (start here and work your way down):
Fatima Yamaha
Four Tet
Peverelist
Com Truise

Still accessible:
Max Cooper
Nicolas Jaar
Daniel Avery
Burial
James Holden
Blanck Mass
Extrawelt
Nils Frahm
Dawn of Midi
Brian Eno < the GOAT

Aphex Twin would fit in somewhere between Cooper and Jaar. Autechre would be near the end of the list.

Perhaps the only worthwhile recommendations here.

>Charles Ives
Interesting pick. I assume you chose him because he was the first one to make a piece out of "samples"?

Glad i'm not the only one who knows about these guys

last one

Jesus christ, first time I've seen anyone else on this board mention MBM
Good man

The Flashbulb - Kirlian Selections

this

Check out Legowelt in particular.

Dombresky as in "baguette man with red gloves" dombresky?

ty for recommending PAS. Rip the cut is a legendary track.

Boston 168
SNTS
Justin Jay
Gantz
Loscil
Regal
Walker & Royce
Aleksi Perala
I Hate Models
Alix Perez
Bicep
Eomac
Plastikman
Honey Dijon
Perc
Dusky
Astrix
Planetary Assault Systems
Oake
GAS

I can recommend tracks if you like. Or you can explore the artists yourself.

Osamu Sato is GOAT

Sup Forums is the reddit of Sup Forums imageboards

The fact that so many Sup Forumstants still use the term ''electronic music'' only tells you how far Sup Forums still is from becoming a serious music board. Europeans have long recognized that their is no similarity between all the genres lumped together except for the plug attached to some of the instruments yet Sup Forums still persists. Good music boards rank the highly different genres and their subgenres yet Sup Forums still calls them all elelctronic. Sup Forums is still blinded by rockism: it all ''sounds the same'' and the instruments have plugs (not true, by the way), therefore it must all be the same genre. Europeans grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past, other boards grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past. Sup Forumstants are often totally ignorant of the ''electronically produced'' music of the past or anything past rock, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that ''electronic'' is a genre

Musique concrete
EAI / Onkyo
Turntable / tape music
Electronic rock crossover
Ambient
Hip hop
Dub
Downtempo / Chillout
Chillwave / Vaporwave / Internet genres
Techno and many subs
House and many subs
UK Garage and many subs
Trance and many subs
Breaks and many subs
EDM
Drone
Noise
Industrial
EBM
Synthpop

Ulrich Schnauss
Com Truise/Airliner/Sarin Sunday/Nostalgic Music Foundation
Freescha
Arovane
Pye Corner Audio
King of Woolworths
Odd Nosdam
Kodomo

How to plastikman? Been on my radar for a while

I would highly recommend listening to Artifakts (bc). It’s like ambient/acid techno combined.