vocaroo.com/i/s1WOhrE5VsvK
vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye
youtube.com/watch?v=bNlVlHRxVNI
youtu.be/zsJ2Nld7eIc
youtu.be/aCuHAfOPlBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The brazilian plays real blues

another thread more roman wankery and a squier / katana / tele post hidden in the compost.

Favela Male Hooker Blues. In a way it's a real struggle, he could start his own genre.

WOKE UP DIS MORNING SUCKED A DICK SO I COULD BUY SOME STRINGS

write the rest of the lyrics

vocaroo.com/i/s07LhcyKUZZz

Pretty good. Sing some more about your life, just the typical shit you deal with that pisses you off.

i hate it when my internet goes off for a minute and i cant shitpost
u better write it urself

youtube.com/watch?v=n6tU2G_Av7o

failure

Real Folk Blues

youtube.com/watch?v=wV3_TX9rKVE

Lewd!

clyp.it/3sh1s2ct
clyp.it/irfci1or

What's the best acoustic guitar under $500? Also, does electronics in an acoustic guitar affect tone?

check out seagull and takamine

If you like fat women, come on down to Pine Bluff Arkansas

youtube.com/watch?v=55lqCerTvVA

Bump

can anyone help me identify the effects pedals used at 5:12? youtube.com/watch?v=3NZGbD236fw

Feel like I've completely lost the ability to write songs. Every time I pick up a guitar I just end up strumming the same few chords and then get depressed because nothing new is coming. How can I fix this? Really making me suicidal

Just get an electric beater and fuck your guitar up with it, you'll get about the same effect

i usually try to come up with a interesting melody by trying different scales and building my chords around it.

You're most likely limited technically and musically. Depending on what sort of music you like, you should transcribe and learn songs and try and build up your repetoire.

Is it lazy to learn with Rocksmith?

Yes, learning is for the NEET and gay, the same as effects and any kind of theory.
I learnt the flight of the bumblebee when I was 15 4 years ago, not at school because it's a total waste of time/money.
vocaroo.com/i/s0Uz2g45ggBX
vocaroo.com/i/s1WOhrE5VsvK
vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye

>electro acoustic

nice though

Sorry guys i forgot about you. Ive been distracted and had some cool stuff i wish i had recorded through my shitty phone.
And i want to learn and sing tin man by miranda lambert. Dpes anyone know the key and what fret the capo goes? And how DO YOU pronounce "capo" do you say kah-poe or do you say cape-oh. I believe the former is the correct pronunciation. What say you my latino friend roman? You say capo too right you fucking guinea wop?

>capo

mark of a scrub

>kah-poe or do you say cape-oh
Stale pasta, Roman.

Kay po. Roman is a white kid. I think he's part italian from the pictures of him and his dad.

I pronounce it like ta-co

Should I buy a used mim strat if it's been repainted

Will you be happy with the texture?

Steinberger with wood top and sound hole. What do you think?

I don't think it's that bad, though I haven't seen it in person yet

I couldn't do it. I'm a full gloss kinda guy.

Fellas my music taste has changed since I first started playing guitar and really a lot of it is pretty easy to play (goth, post punk shoegaze), remind me of some hard songs I can learn so I don't become a 4 chord warrior

Im trying to use my thumb on the low E so I can free up fingers while playing chords, but its just impossible for me to get it ringing.
It really doesn't feel like this is something I can even improve, it feels like my thumb is missing a fleshy part where it has to be to press down on the string.

?

strumming pattern for this? thanks lads
youtube.com/watch?v=bNlVlHRxVNI

You could learn a solo guitar transcription of a jazz standard

The allure of the single pickup guitar...

I hear that.

holy shit have they not learned about sanding and polishing?

Who's gonna get that limited edition lizzy hale signature before Gibson tanks?

Are there any good videos or series or videos to watch akin to Petrucci’s Guitar Discipline?

>Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing
My nigga.

Paul Gilbert's terrifying guitar trip

Not familiar with Gilbert’s music but I’ve seen him in gear videos and he seems cool.

He's at least on par with petrucci, you need to check out his solo albums like get out of my yard.
youtu.be/zsJ2Nld7eIc
Technical difficulties by Racer X is a good one too, and of course theres Mr. Big. Hes definitely a cool guy, taught buckethead back in the day

Fuck ignore that link, YouTube bullshit.
Try this one for tasty Gilbert shred
youtu.be/aCuHAfOPlBI

yeah your thumb is special thats whats preventing you.

its a nylon/classical recorded with a sm57

paul gilbert sucks

that headstock angle tho.

sounds 'pingy'

I do like your stuff though

My amp sucks, and I want to buy a new one, but I don't really know shit about equipment.
I play on a Schecter and I suppose I mostly play metal, though of course I love me some blues and clean improv every now and then, so it has to be able to handle anything.
I guess I'll go to a guitar shop and mess around with a couple of amps, but do you perhaps have any recommendations? Or maybe anything I should be on a lookout for when picking an amp?

sounds what
thanks love

How can I use a looper pedal with a modeling amp

get a marshall stack

no but seriously, what's your budget?

That looks awful dude

also for bedroom practice or do you expect to take your amp out gigging, and if gigging, what size of venues? if you only ever do modest size bars you don't really need much more power than bedroom practice wattage.
can't tell you how many times i've been at the pub and after ordering each pint i've had to crawl into the corner opposite a band with a guitarist with a 50W amp cranked and a drummer who's never heard of subtlety or dynamics, just belting out tunes in a room with barely twice the floorspace of my fucking kitchen.
don't ever be that guy.

reply cunt, or I can't help you

I don't have any specific budget for it desu. I suppose something like 200 euro +/- 50

Yeah, I'd mostly be playing at home, sometimes jamming with some people, but no gigs or concerts.

hold up I'm having a look on thomann to check out what they have for yuros but their UI is a fucking bitch

also, are you looking at a combo or separate amp + cab?
what's your current set-up? if you have a decent cab you could just buy a new amp head, but if all your current gear is shit and/or you've got a combo (even though plenty of combos allow of different amps to be plugged into their speakers), you might be more restricted to just getting another combo amp.

I suppose since I'm mostly just playing at home a combo would be enough. And yeah, I've got a combo now.

Go for Yamaha. I have previously had a Seagull, they’re not bad but you definitely get more bang for your buck with Yamaha.

Problem with electronics on an acoustic guitar is that to keep it under a certain price point the guitar is not going to be as good as those without at the same price. If you need electronics be prepared to pay a bit extra to get a quality guitar.

Kek kook at this butthurt douche

....acquire pedal
Use pedal
Profit?

Plugging a $1000+ head into $100 speakers isn't gonna get you much

I wanna put white emg 81s on this 50s style strat would it be worth it?

your budget is really squeezing the options I'm seeing.
the question you should ask yourself, is if you already have a combo amp you don't really like, do you really want to be spending 250 on another combo amp you won't really like, but might like a little bit more?
if you take some time this year to save up twice as much, try bank 500 towards something, and maybe keep your eyes out on the 2nd hand market, you're far more likely to find something you'll actually like.
another tip, for a practice amp for metal, don't follow tone chasers like gospel on the "magic" and "mojo" of tubes. for your budget, for a metal practice amp, the difference is fucking minimal.

his budget's 250 and he's only got a combo rn so it's a moot point.

This is awesome! Is that you user?

Ask him

I see. Let's say I get 500, what would you propose me then?
Also I already tried some amps some time ago, and I thought my friend's Roland Cube, I think it was 60x or xl or gx or whatever, sounded pretty good. Are you familiar with it? What do you think?

well i mean he does live in my town

That's funny. A Momentary Lapse of Reason is the one Pink Floyd album where Gilmour took the most creative lead (Wright was back on board for The Division Bell), and without a shadow of a doubt it's Pink Floyd's worst album. Gilmour's solo stuff is forgettable as fuck. At least Waters' Amused To Death has entertainment value in how neurotic and angsty he is.
Fuck Gilmour. Over-rated nonce.

I disagree. I enjoy all of his work, of course he's at his best in golden era floyd but on an island has some great tracks, as does the division bell.

guitars will never go out of fashion simply because the sound of a vibrating string is one of musical fundamentals

Is it /gg/?

David gilmour/Pink Floyd fucking suck

>says the guy who posts ace frehley every thread

Multieffects are nice for portability but even the highest end ones are still too digital, I use a boss gt100 for modulation and loops and another analog board with maybe 6 pedals on it

bleugh
buy a new zoom multipedal, which costs 5x less
you won't be able to hear any difference

Fuck you faggot I’m not Sam and I hate ace freely.

anyone have an el capistan? do you think it's worth the price?

Yeah, Roland's stuff could do you well.
I see a lot of people recommending the Blackstar HT-5R, which would be great for bedroom practice but at 5W, with a loud drummer it could be fighting a bit.
Have a look at Marshall and Orange combos as well, 10 to 15 W range although if you can find one that will attenuate to

>cant even spell the guy's name
well we can see why you hate him

Everything Pink Floyd has ever produced is garbage. I don’t care how many faggots have taken acid and listened to them, they fucking suck. The wall is a shit album.
>we dont need no educated
I really think you do

>hating pink floyd
This general i swear

>baiting this hard
low quality mane. I'd like to hear what you think is good then

Why would I care to spell his name right? I don’t jack off to kiss like you do, third world faggot

Roger Taylor was having an absolute mental breakdown when he press-ganged the band into recording The Wall and The Final Cut. Yeah, they're not the most enjoyable listens, but you can't judge all of PF on The Wall.

what's wrong with taking bait for the purpose of a convo lol

>stawmanning
What do you listen to user

The singing sucks and the guitar riffs are boring. Every song is one extended bend.
>what do I think is good
Earth Wind and Fire

>guitar riffs
>pink floyd

youre too good to learn from any band arentya

bitch check who you're replying to before you accuse me of strawmanning

But what about the amp effects

>Earth Wind and Fire
aren't they black?