I FEEL CLOSER

I FEEL CLOSER

Listening right now, pretty fucking good.

>tfw going back to Jaar

>tfw only 1 day into March and we already have a 9/10 album!

Fuck me this is good

Believe the hype this is a great album

why would i listen to a dollar store theo parrish?

schmoo shmindles, aagghhgpppffptt

Is it just me or does the version that is circulating via torrent right now have this horrible crackling sound on the highs? It's not just 1 track because it happens all over the album. Shitty encoding or something?

Supposed to imitate vinyl sound
t. Someone who hasn’t listened to this album or even knows who this band is

Nicolas Jaar rip off

never go full retard

AOTY

Nah it's not the classic needle-bump sound, it's actual distortion when the sound gets too high, like when a speaker can't handle it and starts crackling.

It's obviously a sample. Are you high?

Oh man this is such an incredible album.

I think so much of the sample-based house that comes out now days can be really uninspired and souless. I think in the hands of another producer these arrangements could have suffered the same fate.

But fuck me the nuances Jaar adds to these tracks really take it above and beyond. The little Jaar-esque production flourishes, the warm mixing, the subtle crescendos and drops.

Rare for a dance music album to actually justify the album format, but the pacing on this thing is pretty great too.

It is Nicolas Jaar, you fucking idiot.

tfw my music sounds soulless and i wish i was friends with Nicolas Jaar so i could ask him how the fuck he does it

Does anybody have a download link for this?

Man this album is about at or a little more than what I expect from Nicholas Jaar, which is pretty high already

this, please

>what is rutracker for 500

>using torrents in 2018
no

can't believe someone fell for that

>album's released
>pretty good house record but in the history of Deep House not an impressive album
>it's Nicholas Jaar
>PITCHFORK BNM FANTANO 9/10
You faggots are so transparent. I bet you don't know shit about actual house music. Go suck off Fantano's shit taste on reddit.

you admitted it's a pretty good house record so what's wrong with people enjoying this album immensely?

recommend me some good deep house senpai, i'm yet to listen to this album or much electronic stuff at all but its something that intrigues me

People really like listening to music that make your headphones sound like they are broken?

rec an example of what you think is an actual 9/10 deep house album

>theo parrish

they don't even sound similar wtf

what are some good review sites for electronic music besides RA

KDJ - Black Mahogani

Unrelated to the music ( which I've enjoyed in the past) he's literally one of the most unlikeable musicians. This guy's pretentiousness stems from his absurd lack of awareness rather than too much awareness.

Honestly, RA covers pretty much everything in terms of house and techno.

Tiny Mix Tapes is good for more of the more left-field experimental dance music.

Any other sites like FACT and xlr8r don't cover anything new.

>RA
whats RA?

Seconded. Saw him live twice so far, the guy has 0 interaction with the crowd. He legit doesn't give a single fuck about anyone listening to his music. He simply walks up, does his thing and walks off. No wave, not a single comment, nothing. Not that I really care about crowd interaction, but it goes further than that. You really get the vibe he isn't even playing the music for you, but just for himself. The guy doesn't even look at the crowd.

I Never Dream reminds me so much of Dedicated and Pro:Lov:Ad from velocity design comfort. Every time I listen to it I keep singing 'INTO THE LOTUS'

Resident Advisor

>This guy's pretentiousness stems from his absurd lack of awareness rather than too much awareness.

what makes you say that?

This album is just a boring version of "Since I Left You"

anything with plunderphonics mentioned immediately has to be compared to either the Avalanches or DJ Shadow with you little retards doesn't it

>this album ever being referred to as plunderphonics

holy shit this board is clueless when it comes to dance music.

I thought the same, then compared to Spotify and got the same sound quality.

It's a solid 7.5-8. It's not a 9/10.
I'll recommend artists because LP's are not a dance music thing.
>Moodymann
>Move D
>Huerco S
>DJ Sprinkles
Songs from the Beehive

they saw the fucking (incorrect) rym genre tags then just regurgitated the one artist they know
>because LP's are not a dance music thing.
>

LP as in long play as in a full album, not a typical release method for dance music.
That's an objective fact. There are plenty of good albums but mostly dance music is a singles/EP medium.

why are you trying to contest that even

I know what you're trying to say but to claim that they "aren't a thing" is ridiculous. Even before Aphex the idea of a dance album has been a developed concept.

Doesn't matter if the true fans are digging through 12"s and EPs, the vast majority of people pay attention to the albums, that's just the way it is.

>>Moodymann
>>Move D
>>Huerco S
>>DJ Sprinkles

so you basically get your taste from the essential charts on the wiki and then have the nerve to shit on Jaar, that's cool

DERPY DERP I WAS JUST PRETENDINT O BE RETARDED

Kill yourself.

he wasn't shitting on jaar, just fantano kids who jumped on board after the review and would never listen to this album otherwise. he even said the album was pretty good.

why is it that hipster plebs love deep house? it's the only dance music genre that you guys get into, aside from maybe dub techno

Fantano kiddies get really triggered when you point out that they're, well, fantano kiddies

sounds like sex