What's up with all the selfish cunts infesting soulseek nowdays...

What's up with all the selfish cunts infesting soulseek nowdays? I've had people block halfway through downloading one album. One told me to check their user info and it says downloading any more than a few tracks is frowned upon and if you want an album you need to ask permission first. Some people just straight up unsharing the second I start downloading. I share 10k files. I never download more than one album at a time from someone, the standard stuff I've been doing for the last fucking decade. I've also noticed a ton of people sharing at 5-10kb/s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BziwV6IHXsU
mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never had that problem m8.

I have never had a problem like that. It really kind of defeats the purpose of the whole damn thing, doesn't it?

Haven't had that problem, t b h.

Stop downloading pretentious music. I use slsk for obscure punk and every sharer is a bro.

i don't get it
it's already crime, do you really need to be so fucking autistic about it?

Depends on the band, some fanbase are cancer.

I never get this problem

do you guys send thank you messages to the people you dl from? I do and they usually don't say anything back

electronic music mostly. wannabe DJ's have a weird autistic tick where they don't want other people getting their fresh dubz.

me or them? I'm having an autistic sperg out because I have to keep re-searching adn downloading things because people are being dicks. my butt is getting VERY sore.

Very rarely I'll message to ask if I can queue up 4-5 FLAC albums at once from someone just so I don't have to wait around or grab them from different people though. Other wise if it's just a few tracks or one album nah no point.

>Anti streamers spout "OH WHY THE FUCK DO YOU STREAM IT'S SO STUPID SOULSEEK IS SO MUCH BETTER"

>Shit like this happens

If it was hard to find the album I send him a message.

Soulseek could get much MUCH worse than it is and it would still be better than streaming.

>THE NEXT THIRTY MINUTES ARE AD-FREE, THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING SPONSOR

I unshare and even block only if the user isn't sharing anything.

what about users who go for the sneaky "download entire music library" option

>never shared a thing
>download as much I want

>I'm a cheapskate fuck face that can't spend 10 god damn bucks.

>any streaming service having anything close to the libraries available on SS

I meant them, i realize i wasn't clear, sorry about that. i don't think you're in the wrong at all
i mean it's like a drug dealer not selling you drugs unless you share it with your neighbour or some shit

>occidentally share full NAS rather than just music
>wakeup to people queueing up terabytes of my rare animes

I have a 200 file per user queue limit, but no filesize limit. why the fuck would you use soulseek to download anime.

>5-10 bucks a month for a garbage service that serves you limited amounts of garbage
yeah I'm a cheapskate

I've had downloads stop or get unshared sometimes when downloading, never really thought anything of it though
I download a good bit and just share a handful of albums so Im grateful for whatever, most albums have at least 5+ good downloads to choose from

I always block and ignore faggots who don't share.

It not having an obscure indie folk-jazz band or whateverthefuck doesn't make it a bad service.

That's the primary reason I hear from people who claim to dislike it. "They don't have [insert nobody bandcamp act here]". Maybe you have a different reason.

Its cool, I usually leave my computer over night on just to share files. So, anybody could be downloading anything. I just block people the next day or something.

I've only blocked a few that tried that and were sharing some empty folder with nothing.

You probably just download single tracks from albums, lol.

Soulseek is also a goldmine for hard to find sound sample packs. I share the few I have on there. Mostly sound packs from Samplephonics.

Why would you pay money when you could not? Are you braindead?

>Not setting your download folder as your share folder

t. only listens to beyonce and pitbull so needs are served fine by streaming

I used to do this all the time but nobody ever responsed so I stopped bothering.

I've found plenty of obscure bands on there.

>locking files on slsk
fuck everyone who does this

just disable those results from appearing in search. I don't really care enough to bother often with it. But if someone queue's up a good amount from me and I browse their files to see everything locked I unshare.

People who use their music as ransom for rare trades.

Pic related some user on there.

absolute cancer

what a stupid commie faggot

>548k files shared
>jew hoarding everything

I will never understand. I can't even browse users with that many files the client just hangs requesting it.

that's like the opposite of a commie, fuckface

Don't be a rude cunt alright

AYO FUKK WHY PEEPOH

never encountered that in my twelve years or so of using slsk

It's definitely more people sharing FLAC rips of electronic music for whatever reason. Those same people often have a queue of like 2000 which never moves.

This is the nigger that came to mind when I saw this thread.Fucking cancer.

that dude is actual garbage.

sounds like youve been having bad luck tbqh

I must be a pretty cool guy, because I rarely get blocked.

I've been using SLSK for years and never had that problem, even when I was downloading obscure NSBM that was released on cassette in limited copies.

He's demanding rips of some vinyls that cost over a grand. Plus loads of random stuff like a french audio dictionary from the 1960's. These people are delusional if you are going that far off the deep end why not run a music museum or whatever you call it.

sounds like he's some garbage that got left over from what.cd cunts

Uhh thats a huge fucking reason you idiot. 100 new albums come out every single day. Some people enjoy hearing more obscure stuff and what if they love it and want it? If you only l8sten to the same 20 p4k albums that get posted everyday then yea I'm sure your fine.

You fucking retard
They don't have
>lots of Coil albums
>Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
>NSBM
>My Bloody Valentine - mbv
and this was just what I found after searching their library for 5 minutes

>tfw for the longest time my music was all in one folder "artist - track", no other information, all in the tags all mp3 rips usually 192 and lower
>have spent the last few days going through, updating stuff to FLAC and sorting everything of good quality into album folders with correct tags

This is unbelievably boring but it feels so good having everything in order. I'd say 7k out of the 1kk I have will need to be downloaded again though.

I wish more people will learn to rip CD's in EAC correctly. Half of the FLAC shares on there either don't have cue/log files and when they do they're set a super low bitrate

i've had this once or twice OP. one guy had his entire library locked and said he'd only unlock if if A) you have over 10k shares or B) you have some obscure albums in your library

it's crazy how you can't even keep elitism out of the simple act of sharing

Most likely file hoarders who have all they could want. They fear by sharing their rare files they will lose their rarity. However they are aware in order to get even rarer files they must be willing to trade their own.

>FLAC
>bitrate
do you even understand how FLACs work?

i remember i once was the only guy with the yuri on ice soundtrack on slsk and a boy or girl talked to me and it was so sweet to share it

if ur there shoutouts and hope we meet again someday

That's some hardcore autism right there

>downloaded entire albums in a row
>don't share shit

>never downloaded a thing
>share as much as i want

rude

Are you me ? Soulseek seems to bevturning into something worse than a private tracker. Once I waited a whole day for some obscure shit and after I started downloading he blocked me saying he doesn't like my shares.

>paying for music you don't own

What is this retardation? Are you underage or something?

you don't pay for the music you dum dum
youpay for convinience

Name one (1).

came here 2 post theres some fag who made a locked folder named "trade only"
fuck that guy

A service not having the music I want isn't very convenient.

stop listening to obscure music then

ex eye

youtube.com/watch?v=BziwV6IHXsU

yeah what a prick, i hope no one trades

if i've downloaded over 6 albums from them, yeah

Yeah, a dude once messaged me about an album I had from an underground Argentinian band. He told me "Where do you get that? That can't be 320kb". Next thing I know, the guy's user info was pretty much like that, "only trades" and everything blocked. He had lots of SA music.

i downloaded like 15 albums from one person, he messaged me asking what hes getting out of it, didnt reply and he let me download all the music anyways lol

I’d ho my body for a CD rip of the soundtrack to Sex & The City The Movie. That’s all I ever wanted in life. That & the movie itself in Blu Ray

>that cunt downloads 5 albums from you at 15kbps

That guy is literally cancer, i came across him many times. I fucking hate him

can't even believe these people actually exist. i feel bad for cancelling the downloads because it feels like taking food away from a starving child.

You act like that’s a bad thing

KEK, yes

>alt-normies
yuck

I still to this day have no fucking idea how Soulseek works.

Can you only download files when the person your downloading from is online?

Honestly not a problem for me uploading, I leave my computer on all the time anyway usually downlaoding torrents or whatever too so. I don't really care about others sharing a whole lot either, as long as i can find what i want.

it's basically napster

Napster is Brazil while slsk is like Argentina or something.

hmmmmmmmmm

I didn't say that.

do you guys spend any time in the Sup Forums room on slsk?

this guy posts here doesn't he

It's full of meme spouting autists I get enough of that shit on the real Sup Forums.

i mean can't we all just share everything lol? i just have my library and my slsk downloads open so anyone can download whatever they want

wow, what in the fuck?
you know,i think he's taking all this shit a little too serious

people take this shit seriously? like profiles and shit?
I just looked on mine, its just a line of random letters from when I set slsk up lol

>Japan bonus tracks are in mp3 only or are locked
fuck my life

>not being able to listen to the music you want to listen to doesn’t make it a bad service
okay

Normies are so dumb.

I’ve never bumped into this desu

>being this clueless

Are people retarded? I’ve never bumped into this kind of idiocy. Who uses soulseek expecting to get anything out of it other than music from strangers? It’s not some trading service...what is this

Literal cucks
mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark

Wow wtf, what kind of music do U listen 2? That has never happened to me ever, and speed is at 100kbps+ (minimum). U might be listening 2 rap or something, then it would make sense

Haha, it's 10/10 that ppl like that actually fcking exist...