ITT: Artists whose most recent album is their best

ITT: Artists whose most recent album is their best.

earl sweatshirt is so fucking trash its unreal

earl is good. even if you dont listen to earl he's clearly not trash.

Name a better lyricist thats relevant right now. Ill wait.

These

I'm worried he won't be able to top it to be honest.

I mean if this is literally the only Jay project you heard then maybe the opinion is understandable.

Flower boy is an experiment, next album is refinement

why is she not wearing pants?

She's actually just a floating torso like the pill guy from Osmosis Jones

I really wish he'd drop a new album this year. It's been too long.

I thought cherry bomb was the experiment

I'm not 100% sure but i've been feeling this way recently about ty

he said on twitter it's coming this year

It drew from previous albums and amplified certain aspects of them. Flower boy was way more of a change up that also reflected Tyler maturing which resulted in it being more successful

i agree. it seems that everyone thinks that leaving is the better album but this is so much better imo

Will Toledo

Its so beautiful seeing a brainlet in the wild like this

Garbage tier opinion, Birds is absolute shit compared to Rodeo
is this bait?

No, it's just patrician taste. You'll get there some day if you stop worshiping reddit and melonhead.

Also this

lmao, thank you for the chuckles friend

Cross is the only thing worth a damn that Justice has put out. As much as I wanted Woman to be good, it was just so painfully mediocre imo.

Nah.
AVD is painfully mediocre. And when I first heard Woman I agreed with you.

Cross is only a secondary favorite for me, but Woman has over time grown into one of my personal top 20 or so albums. It's a very big grower.

wrong

This one is always close for me, XXX and Atrocity are neck and neck

Nah, TLOP is his best. It took time to grow on me, but I never at any point thought any of it was bad either.
It has his absolute best tracks, and, in my opinion, his best overarching concept.

That being the apparent lack of concept, which in reality is a summation of everything in Kanye's life, all his thoughts, his dreams, etc.

I will concede Yeezus is a close second.

Agree on AE though.

damn i want to agree with AE, but going back to XXX it is such a classic for me

bad opinion lmao

Yes
No

TLOP took a bit to grow on me too and I've come to like it a bit more since its release but still a bottom tier ye album for me

Disagreed my man, but to each their own.
For me it goes
TLOP - 10
Yeezus - 10
808's - 9.5/10
TCD - 9.25/10
MBDTF - 9/10
Graduation - 9/10
LR - 8.75/10
No you

yeah, i'm a fairly sentimental/atavistic dude and but i have to appreciate how damn good the arrangement and production is on below the house. it's always been his strength but he took it to another level.

i'm more of a fan of desideratum and quietly than leaving as well. leaving has a few of my favorite tracks but more filler/ambience than i'd like.

Even labor days is a 10 but so is this.

DAMSO