This album made me sad. Gorillaz was my favorite band at the time, and then they dropped this...

This album made me sad. Gorillaz was my favorite band at the time, and then they dropped this. It has some good songs and shit, but it’s not even close to their previous work. What was your guys’ opinion on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dw1NyrRrHPE
youtube.com/watch?v=GzJGWAfmBco
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Features

Incredibly forgettable. All I can say cause I've forgot most of it.

I liked Saturn Barz. I remember thinking the rest of it sounded like a joke.

It was lacking identity. It didn't have the mischievous, dirty, and wondrous feel of other releases. I'm biased though because I most enjoy the dirty inner-city feel of the self-titled over all of them.

Hoping this years album will make up for this piece of doodoo

Too many fucking collabs.

Grace Jones was fucking cool tho.

Andromeda was the best song and the collab was kept to a minimum. Funny, that.

AND I'M HAPPY

I feel like it was a good collab album but not a Gorillaz album. Not enough original work or collaborative with Hewlett. Gorillaz is an audio AND visual experience

It's not Gorillaz, but Humanz sounds much better live.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dw1NyrRrHPE

some of this album has a gorillaz vibe to it but i feel if they kept about 5 or 6 of the songs and wrote atleast 5 more completley different quality tracks it could have been a decent gorillaz album

also the artwork and album name is boring and unoriginal if they had used this and called the album we r still humanz like damon originally was and theoretically made the other better tracks more upbeat this could have been a good gorillaz synthpop album

Damon was going to name it Transformerz at first but his daughter told him they would all think of the robots. So he named it Humanz because he wanted an album full of Collaborators to make it feel like its this big party.

He also said he regrets not calling it Voicez because so many people don't get why the album is called Humanz

i really only liked We Got The Power and Hallelujah Money but the whole albums is at an 'ok' level

nice digits

Momentz was aight De La Soul always delivers for Gorillaz

What's fun about going and watching recordings of artists with only minimal background accompaniment?

there aren't enough people giving a fuck about dem gud doguts.

ITT: Falseflagging triggered Trumpdrones.

Too many features with less talent than Damon watering it down, Damon should produce his next album or get danger mouse back, the album suffered from the production trying to be too contemporary as opposed to Plastic Beach which had a much more timeless feel.

Gorillaz was never a band, it was just an outward face for Albarn and whatever musical guest fancy struck him. Never but a Gorillaz album thinking Albarn feels any need to continue some kind of tradition, Gorillaz exists so he won't have to care about that.

it ruined their perfect record

The album simply isn't as good as their previous work. It has nothing to do with politics, what the fuck are you on about?

saturnz bars was a good song for a comeback, hearing it got me pumped
rest of the album was pretty meh except for some songs
seeing them live bc of the release was great tho

Trump is Gorillaz canon.

I keep forgetting they even released this album.

Listened to it once, heard the fucking Popcaan feature, and just couldn't take the rest of the album seriously.

If the next album is as bad as this once, Damon should just shelf the project.

I also think it's funny everyone keeps mentioning how they've been working on a TV show for like 15 fucking years now. It's way too late for that. They should've done it when Demon Days came out, at the latest.

I didn't even hear about any interesting visual media going on with the lead up to this album other than a looping GIF set to some music.

Reminder that this is the best song they have made since Plastic Beach, and it's not on an album

youtube.com/watch?v=GzJGWAfmBco

And Damon only put it out to prove he has 30 other songs and hasn't lost his skills

i give it 5/10 but i really liked saturn barz.Submission. Busted & Blue

every this else was mediocre af