Can we have a favorite movie thread? Doesn't have to be patrician, or artsy or anything...

Can we have a favorite movie thread? Doesn't have to be patrician, or artsy or anything, just that one series or film you'll always love.

This movie shaped me youth desu. My friends and I used to watch it over and over and then we'd go on long walks to the graveyard outside of town and talk about life. Plus the soundtrack is what got me interested in music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DA2MKuI6fs
youtu.be/vKQi3bBA1y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It wasn't until I saw the The Dark Knight that I learned Maggie Gyllenhaal was actor Jake Gyllenhaal's sister. Now anytime I go back and watch Donnie Darko (2001), the scenes between Donnie and Elizabeth become even more taboo sexually. I had always seen their hostile relationship as stemming from sexual tension. But to realize both characters were portrayed by actual siblings? This got the blood flowing.

1/?

why did jake stop making comfy films?

2/?

This kino

5/5

Either Joe's Apartment or The Deer Hunter, pls no bully

starship troopers.
Been my fav film since I was 15

I don't think I'll ever get sick of Jarhead

You have the worst taste I've ever seen. No joke.

My favorite movie is In Bruges and no amount of "fedoracore" shitposting will deter me.

this movie fucked my life, I learned about buddhism esoteric etc... then realized theres no point in anything
I wasted years cause of this movie

Absolutely disgusting.

Stop watching movies

Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

youtube.com/watch?v=7DA2MKuI6fs

Explain

This movie is fucking timeless.

Empire Records. I'm 10 years old again and enjoying junior high. It was the 1st movie I went to see with a girl and can watch it again and again without being bored.

no

Le samourai

youtu.be/vKQi3bBA1y8

They have fucked in real life, that's why.

Goodfellas
Godzilla x mechagodzilla
Rocky
Bill and Ted films
Days of Thunder

My favorite movie is Jurassic Park because I'm not a fucking pleb.

Snatch. I can watch it pretty much anytime

uhhhh

The soundtrack was reallly great.
I remember I couldn't stop listening to that last depressing but beautiful song.

can't argue with that logic

>tfw was my first movie in theaters

I was 3 years old, no joke.

roast me

The soundtrack for the original release was great. They fucked it up with the director's cut by putting in INXS instead of Echo and the Bunnymen.

Read siddhartha

just can't find this movie not good.

Pic is my favorite film of all time

No memeing here, I absolutely love it and genuinely think Del Toro is a genius.

I love this and Wild but I mainly skipwatch Wild because I hate the actual character but the experience feels close to when I did half the Pacific Crest Trail as a teenager.

This is the greatest arms dealer movie, his speech in the beginning is iconic.

Ma nigga, what a great film. It's honestly probably my second favorite, pic related is my first.

Cheats
I don't think it made it to any theaters, but I saw it when I was 12 and it got me all excited for high school. It introduced me to a band and that got me into music. I showed it to someone and now we're still friends
also it's pretty good

It's inspiring. The director makes a sheer masterpiece and then everything else has been absolute garbage. How do you even fuck up a directors cut?

It's objectively the perfect movie

>MFW plebs

Austin Powers 1/2 are always fun a couple times a year.

I don't know. All that cgi shit and the time travel explanations in the director's cut took a huge shit on the theatrical release. The original release is the way to go, imo.

Cant decide between these two

Why the fuck is this movie so damn good?

delete your account

I'm confused.
The directors cut removes all the ambiguity from the film as well as some important lines (Frank no longer says he's sorry in the movie theater etc).
Some of the new scenes are solid. I think the watership down wasn't in the theatrical? But overall it drags the film from a 5/5 to 4/5.

I, or someone, should go through and make an edit. Cut out the pages and keep some of the original scenes that get changed.

it has no flaws

Poolhall Junkies.
A film I firmly believe all of Sup Forums doesn't and shouldn't have the right to watch.