Does the decline in the quality of Sup Forums coincide with the decline of quality in Hollywood?

Does the decline in the quality of Sup Forums coincide with the decline of quality in Hollywood?

No. See pic. This + bots targeting Sup Forums.

this

/o/ and v and b are much worse.

This whole site is fucked from all the normie exposure

Well no because Sup Forums just got popular with new retards like you in the last few years thanks to the marketing that is baneposting

"Hollywood" has always been popular

>This whole site is fucked from all the normie exposure

This. Modern Sup Forums is just a bunch of teenagers who come here to say "nigger" because they are too afraid to say it anywhere else.

This. I'd also say a large part of the degradation of Sup Forums is also due to crossposters.

2007-2008 was the golden age of Sup Forums. It's been slowing going to shit since then for most boards. However, other boards have been getting much better (/diy/ /out/ /sci/). Sup Forums doesn't seem to have changed all that much.

It is

That's because there's hasn't been a real film masterpiece created yet. Film doesn't have its Sistine Chapel, Mona Lisa, it's Night Watch. Filmmaking is far too young and stagnant as of now

The ideas of crossposting and "home boards" in general are pretty cancerous to Sup Forums in general.

Sup Forums has remained pretty normie free due to normal fags not actually giving a shit about how technology actually works but fuck that pic triggered me same thing happened with lans in aus.

Used to be huge but now it's just a bunch of normalfags with kids and Mac's Ina single huge group.

Dunno if I want to go to the next own and besides what would we play no games have local network capabilities or online only horseshit
Ive been here since around 2007 and its declined rapidly to a point that traditional forums and smaller facebook groups are friendlier and post better quality content.

Sad really but this site had a very good long run
Ive always crossplay but this site has well passed a tipping point long ago and is at the last stage in that picture it's just sad.

Normally toxicity doesn't bother me but the cancer levels here have eclipsed what I can handle and I still do and say some aweful shit.

Sup Forums has more constructive posts than most of the site put together and they don't even try but I also blame them for bringing in all the cancer when the media put Pepe and Sup Forums in the spotlight again

the decline is due to Sup Forums shitposting and baitposting

if they'd fuck off we'd be back to normal

The internet has been such shit for a few years now. No more wild west it seems.

It is also from internet tech being much easier to use for normies. They can just pick up their phone and shitpost now. That was the death nail for much of everything online. Everything is being tailored to their mediocre majority.

Remember the Reddit spam? Who knew the cancer was always here all along.
We need a new realm.

Even VR isn't safe I want to just get away from normalfags but it's impossible.

Best we can do is try to find fellow weirdos who share some commonality but it's so didn't rare

The decline strated before your boogeyman posting.

What's happening is the meme cancer that came with you after bane posting showed you this board is now attacking the threads you like.

Good old Zyklon Ben

I agree round about 2008 when smartphones and 3G became cheap and accessible it was the death rattle of the old web 1.0

This and a couple of old forums and blogs is all that's left and this place might as well die because it's not the same site I found in 2006+ that's for sure it's just infested with phoneposting

see this image: reddit posting is relatively new

New been what 2012+

Hardly seasoned oldfag here I still lurk and stick around but the lack of oc is bad and most bigger popular boards are just horrid.

Most of the nerdcore weirdos left a long time ago and have their own darkweb chan sites. Most are mainly for /i/ though.

I mean moot literally sold out, remember.

The real problem with crossposters is that they dilute the existing culture of the boards. Not only does this mean that every board becomes more and more similar to one another but it also makes said boards more accessible to normies. Usually one has to take a few weeks of lurking before they get a feel for a board and come to understand it's inside jokes. Now because of crossposting any redditor and come onto any board and simply pay lip service to said board's topic before filling the place up with memes. It's because of this increased accessibility that the quality of the board's posts suffer as crossposters are more concerned with making the next meme or scavenging for some screencap to post on r/Sup Forums than they are in contributing to discussion and typing out long, well thought out replies. Essentially the more accessible you make something the more you expose it to idiots.

This month is my anniversary of discovering Sup Forums. I started shitposting in 2004. Sup Forums is rather vanilla now. Now, I'm literally only here for /sci/ /diy/ /out/ and Sup Forums. I petitioned for /diy/ and /out/ for years. I'm only on Sup Forums to fill my dwindling watch list.

Darkweb sites like?? If they wherent so obscure fractured and tiny I'd go there instead.

The web just feels boring to me now maybe I've been on it way too long but is am sure it's not getting any better just slightly more mundane and safe.

Sounds like it's time for us to find a new chan.

I've just gone back to forums it's more comfy and the modern equivalent is FB groups can truely get some weird shit on there as well.

11 years here and I'm just over it.

The point of darkweb is that you don't fucking give out the name or url. If it gets out, it is no longer darkweb. You are better off lurking IRC.

It is pretty boring now. No one is doing much of anything, even on /i/ shit. Mostly the generation grew up, matured, and have other things to do. The latter generation was born into this world and into the reduced freedom the previous generation didn't have.

Yes, go do something else more constructive with your time.

Yeah I noticed that gen z don't pirate swear or even drink or do drugs and are very politically correct it's sad and I've given up trying to redpill them just let them wrap themselves so tight in cotton wool they can't breathe.

Thank fuck I live as far away from most people as I can apart from shopping trips once a week

Both are caused by you, the idiot masses

Why are you here then?

>back to normal

>waifushit tripfags and pedos
>normal

Ive been here since abatap in 2009 this place has always had that

The greatest thinkers of Antiquity were pedos. You think you're capable of better discussion than them?

>Sup Forums rides the popularity produced by Sup Forums for years on end
>Everyone loves it
>Sup Forums is the final boss of teh interwebs
>So much popularity hipsters and faggots come to Sup Forums and decide fuck lurking moar, i'll just do whatever!(causing the endless summer of 2007)
>Sup Forums, the board renowned for ebin lulz, becomes the downfall of Sup Forums culture as hipsters and faggots spread to other boards
>originalfags leave to over9000chan, the darkweb and other shit
>Sup Forums is now a circle jerk of people telling their irl friends "goys look what i found on 4chin!!!"

Although 2007 was the endless summer, it was really scientology that fucked Sup Forums in the ass

/film/ when?

Never this site is dying