When will i get it? And is reading the lyrics cheating

When will i get it? And is reading the lyrics cheating

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=giNSnVpclqg
youtube.com/watch?v=c6xSXDRDpGg
youtube.com/watch?v=KQsdO8e8fwY
nature.com/articles/nn.2726.epdf?referrer_access_token=n2Sw7NoWhdSpm_ZSP9Mc79RgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0PZhF0xUDVMe20KAJehTFUp9hVRHBDZ09f_R6NPRtQ5bjc3sv4Gd9024OodEAOqgX1_hE0q2vWmvyPSbtK8COCXYmH8PPf2zoBbqqt6xUoOnC0Z2eIqwfnRmUxwFzT3AwROJixNjJaWQ1iE6oTdeKLYrrSOL0oCq8cAVuvnaiqdlObc02OKgJNScafbsGnaZ5w=&tracking_referrer=mentalfloss.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watch Lost in translation

Stop paying attention to the lyrics. Stop paying attention to the guitars. Pay attention to the sound.

I'm still forcing myself to like it

What? I don't understand. I got it when I was only 16. You don't have to read a fucking essay video or some shit to tell you how to enjoy it, it just clicks for some people.

Just give up, it's obviously not for you

Listen to Slowdive instead

I didn’t know about this, is it actually any good or is it a meme

i do

Listen to it louder.

I hated it at first, then a few months later after some more listens it clicked during when you sleep. It's been 5 years and it is still my favourite album

>is reading the lyrics cheating
They never published the lyrics officially so most of what you’re reading online will have a ton of cringey errors

>you can only listen to one thing
I like both, fite me irl

>I don’t know the lyrics waah
The album cover is literally a picture of a guitar you bimbo. Go listen to dream pop if you want lyrics

Slowdive is better than MBV

You have to close your eyes and play it very loudly with good headphones

>When will i get it?
Start with this:
>Guitars are typically distorted into droning or feedback drenched textures, and the group itself strives to create a 'wall-of-sound' atmosphere that takes a noisy, distorted approach and/or a lusher, more 'dreamscape' sensation. While vocals and melodies do exist, they are subordinate to the overriding sensation of the song, and melt into the background.
Continue with this:
youtube.com/watch?v=giNSnVpclqg
youtube.com/watch?v=c6xSXDRDpGg
youtube.com/watch?v=KQsdO8e8fwY
Conclude with trying to play one of their songs and fall in love with the album.

Are you me? When you Sleep sold it to me as well, great song.
But now my favorite is Sometimes

>You don't have to read a fucking essay video or some shit to tell you how to enjoy it, it just clicks for some people.
It makes the experience and the understanding of it (and music in general) even better. That's not just an assumption:
nature.com/articles/nn.2726.epdf?referrer_access_token=n2Sw7NoWhdSpm_ZSP9Mc79RgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0PZhF0xUDVMe20KAJehTFUp9hVRHBDZ09f_R6NPRtQ5bjc3sv4Gd9024OodEAOqgX1_hE0q2vWmvyPSbtK8COCXYmH8PPf2zoBbqqt6xUoOnC0Z2eIqwfnRmUxwFzT3AwROJixNjJaWQ1iE6oTdeKLYrrSOL0oCq8cAVuvnaiqdlObc02OKgJNScafbsGnaZ5w=&tracking_referrer=mentalfloss.com

different user but same

Part of my problem is that I was going into it expecting it to be sad, with a name like Loveless. I think it's not supposed to be sad. It's supposed to be dreamy, and blurry, and warm. I listened to it again with that sort of headspace, and fell in love.

I do this, and don’t get me wrong I enjoy it very much. Some songs have clicked but people on here seem to claim that after listenting to it 100+ times they finally get it

>after listenting to it 100+ times they finally get it
who has ever said that, it only took me a couple listens, and I loved a few songs on my first listen.

it's a good film that prominently uses music by MBV

Listen to it at 3am

>go listen tio dream pop if you want lyrics
but cocteau twins are harder to understand then mbv

Just listen to when the fuzz guitar kicks in on "soon" over and over again and very loud, you'll get it

its a 10/10 and ill admit it improved my enjoyment of the album as well

I feel like it's nice to use articles and in depth analysis about music as a reference but not as a guide to liking it. If that makes any sense

it's really good, especially if you're into soundtrack-heavy films; the soundtrack and how they worked the songs into the story makes it one of my favourite films

It's very good, watch it at night or dusk

It took me 2 listenings to like it, but the more I listen to it the more it completely transcends me. It's literally better each fucking time

>I feel like it's nice to use articles and in depth analysis about music as a reference but not as a guide to liking it
That's not the purpose of music theory/research in the first place.

I was implying Slowdive or something, my point is that the lyrics don't matter