The Young Pope

>Delivers first Homily shrouded in shadow to maintain his mystique
>Random person in crowd has laser pointer
>loses it and spills spaghetti all over the balcony St. Peter's Basilica

What the fuck? I thought he was going to actually be cool and powerful and make some kind of impact.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_of_the_Swiss_Guard
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why the fuck would you let a kangaroo hop around your garden?

>I posted it again!

Why won't spergs take the hint the first time they get their assholes blown out?

Anyone got a non torrent link I can stream this with subs? Not region locked please. UK fag

I marathoned the first 40 minutes of the first episode, still not clear what I'm watching

>REEE THIS SHOW DIDN'T CONFORM TO MY EXPECTATIONS

I thought the same.

What's with all the Pope threads recently

Sup Forums is hailing it as kino so I had to torrent it to verify

others probably did the same

It's finally airing on HBO USA for all those that didn't know it aired in Europe towards the end of 2016

i think its hilarious u guys talk shit about jude law. u wouldnt say this shit to him on set, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol.

is this some sort of pasta?

How embarrassing

>hangs out with the hottest dudes
What a lucky man

>current year
>streaming
download it from /r/megalinks

I lasted 2 marathoned episodes and then the next thing I knew the entire season was in the trash, but I'm not a Papist.

I asked for a link not a lecture?

based

Want to watch it on my phone whole comfy in bed senpai

show takes a turn after the first few eps, but go ahead be a pleb, more kino for us

When does Lenny get his shit together and actually make a difference by making things more traditional/conservative instead of just talking about it?

>hangs out with the hottest dudes
are you implying I can't get laid

do NOT bully Silvio

I wouldn't dare
I used that pic because of his expression

Who has the qt young sister Mary playing basketball webm?

e1

How many people do you think were disappointed when the opening scene turned out to be a dream and Lenny actually holds the opposite views? It seems like a lot of people expected this to be about a young American Pope shaking things up by being more liberal.

Yeah, I'll admit even I thought that this was the direction the show would go from the previews. I was pleasantly surprised that it was much more complicated than that

I read an interview where it said that Sorrentino (when the show was originally being written/created) was going to go that direction with it, since he wanted his pope to be in opposition to real life, and it was Benedict as Pope at the time. When Francis got elected, he decided to make the Pope conservative instead. Probably saved the show to be honest, I think it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting if it had been as originally planned.

I love the way he speaks

It also mirrors reality where the younger generation are often far more radical than their predecessors.

I was trying to place where I'd seen him before and then I realised that the last film I saw him in was from 2001 (in conjunction with the Italian Louis Theroux)

Why Cherry Coke Zero and not just the regular and better Cherry Coke though?

Is that really true though? The younger generation is generally more liberal, but not extreme or radical than the previous in conservative ways.

Not the guy you're responding to, but I think what he meant was that the younger generation is more radical regardless of what political ideology they follow.

Young liberals are more extreme to the left, young conservatives are more extreme to the right.

>Italian Louis Theroux
More like italian wannabe Woody Allen

Do the Swiss Guards actually still train to use those halberds or are they just ceremonial?

More importantly, why did the Vatican start the tradition of only hiring Swiss people to guard the Pope?

Alpha male right here.

the swiss are neutral, they are like mercenaries

are they masked?

Has the whole series aired on HBO? Is it on demand?

>hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol.

No, but it aired in Europe and there are torrents probably

onto episode 4 of this and really really enjoying it

i've heard it only continues to get better?

What have we forgotten?

WHAT. HAVE. WE. FORGOTTEN?

Yeah, it's great, gone straight into my top 3.

I don't have too, since Higuain is doing it for me :^)

What is more beautiful, my love? Love lost or love found? Don't laugh at me, my love. I know it, I'm awkward and naive when it comes to love, and I ask questions straight out of a pop song. This doubt overwhelms me and undermines me, my love. To find... .or to lose? All around me, people don't stop yearning. Did they lose or did they find? I can't say. An orphan has no way of knowing. An orphan lacks a first love. The love for his mama and papa. That's the source of his awkwardness, his naiveté. You said to me, on that deserted beach in California, "you can touch my legs." But I didn't do it. There, my love, is love lost. That's why I've never stopped wondering, since that day: where have you been? Where you are now?
And you, shining gleam of my misspent youth, did you lose or did you find? I don't know. And I will never know. I can't even remember your name, my love. And I don't have the answer. But this is how I like to imagine it, the answer. In the end, my love, we have no choice. We have to find.

We need a DO I FOR HIM edit

What is more beautiful, my love? Bane lost or Bane found? Don't laugh at me, my love. I know it, I'm CIA and I crash planes when it comes to love, and I ask questions straight out of a pop song. This doubt overwhelms me and undermines me, my love. To find... .or to lose? All around me, people don't stop crashing. Did they crash or did they fly? I can't say. CIA has no way of knowing. CIA lacks a first love. The love for his plane and flying. That's the source of his awkwardness, his naiveté. I said to you, on that deserted beach in California, "What's the next step in your master plan." And you said something. There, my love, is Bane lost. That's why I've never stopped wondering, since that day: where have you been? Where you are now?
And you, shining gleam of my misspent youth, did you fly or did you die? I don't know. And I will never know. I can't even remember your name, my love. And I don't have the answer. But this is how I like to imagine it, the answer. In the end, my love, we have no choice. We have to find.

where can i stream it with english subs?

try put locker

putlockers.ch

Nice jake and amir buddy

So is he the devil, or

t. jude law

>tfw

why would he be the devil?

Without spoiling it, is it good?

yes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_of_the_Swiss_Guard
Because they saved the pope at the price of their lives

When the Germans chimped out in the Vatican there were a handful of Swiss mercenaries stationed that protected the Pope. Ever since then the only Pope's guards are Swiss.

Because amongst their weaponry is an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.