>those aren't mountains....they're waves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwmeH6Rnj2E
youtube.com/watch?v=KUr3wesDB2E
youtube.com/watch?v=4Hf_XkgE1d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>TARS go get her!!!

>youtube.com/watch?v=uwmeH6Rnj2E

This scene was so stupid. Why did one of the crew members waited for her and died in consequence instead of just entering the ship?

how would waves get that big if they could stand in the water? that's what I was thinking about the entire scene

Biggest NOPE moment in Nolan history.

mcconaheyyy was the shit back then.

true detective, that other aids shit.

he went too far with this piece of crap though

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea

>a movie with highly accurate space travel and black holes
>some retarded inpractical block AI robot

Carlo what the hell why are you writing this, you know this is bait, nobody can be that stupid... but you're not entirely sure are you?

>
MM performance in iterstellar was absolutely fantastic and I think no one thinks less of him because of it.

they tried to be original so they made it like the iphone

i do

please explain for carlos

I have never hated a character more than Anne Hattaway's in this scene. NEVER.

That's how tides work you stupid faggot

Interstellar in IMAX was the best cinema experience in my whole life.
Pure audio visual candy.

I am sincerely sorry for anyone who didn't experience it in cinema.

Because he was in shock? Do you seriously need to be spoon fed everything?

That's a big wave.

I also think they explain it literally in the Movie, Nolan being ExpositionMan and all

Yea but you're a contrarian faggot

yea but the ratio is so extreme its like they would be standing on dirt. gravity shouldn't allow it to happen

One of the most innovative and original robot design ideas in recent years.

And mind you, most of the scenes with that robot was done in camera, not CGI (obviously not the spinning across the water scene)

The opening day had issues with the sound mixing. Couldn't hear shit over the background noise (like the first launch).
I went to it again in IMAX a month later and it was much better.

>Pure audio visual candy.
I give you the visual, but the audio mixing was completely fucked up. Sometimes too loud, sometimes too quiet. Especially in some dialogues, if it didn't have subtitles I would've not understood anything what Caine was saying for example

You know how the beach shallows out before a tsunami? I have no idea if that is why or not I'm just suggesting

>I really enjoyed the Italian derby man, Inter! Stellar performance
Really Nolan?

No, tides raise and descend, especially on open plains. On narrow ways there might be visible waves.
No tide ever is just 100m wave that goes around the planet

>but the ratio is so extreme

huh, is it maybe because of a nearby fast rotational supermassive black hole?
dunno you tell me, you seem pretty intelligent

Yeah it was the highlight of 2014 for me

>a talking block
>innovative and original

lmao

thanks for explaining the gravitational pull of black holes. they just suck things down like your mother, right?

Got goosebumps

So this planet had much higher gravity than Earth.

So why could they just fly off this planet with the Endurance lander but in order to get into orbit around Earth they needed a multi stage rocket?

A few excerpts from Nolan interviews

>Nolan himself has said that the movie's sound mixing was quite intentional. And, says rerecording mixer Landaker, "[Nolan] wanted to come up with a different style … to really capture the essence of space travel. We listened to a lot of NASA recordings, including a track of the interior of a space shuttle. We experimented with lowering stuff down so that you could hear the dialogue, but then it became so unreal. The idea of these scenes is to make you feel you're straining to hear just as much as they are straining to hear each other."

>Among the most discussed scenes was one critical exchange between Michael Caine's dying professor and Jessica Chastain's Murph. "You are supposed to be on the very edge of just grasping — as much as [Murph] is grasping — for every last word," says Landaker. "You want him to [confess the truth about the mission,] but he doesn't get it all the way out. 'Just give me that word!' That's intended. Chris wants his audience to hang on just as much as Jessica is hanging on."

>"We are following the emotional state of Jessica’s character as she starts to understand what he’s been saying. Information is communicated in various different ways over the next few scenes. That’s the way I like to work; I don't like to hang everything on one particular line. I like to follow the experience of the character.”

Save fuel? bring up a heavy load? Again, don't need to be spoon fed everything.

>1 tiny ship for 4 ppl vs million ton lander with 10 modules
hmmmm

that was pretty inconsistent to be fair

Actually quite a ballsy move from Nolan.

Maybe not executed the best, but still shows that he has his own artistic integrity.

>intentional
That's just bullshit retarded

all they had to do was wait for the gravitational spike before the wave and rocket off the planet

>so how we should mix the movie audio?
>what about where there are loud noises we turn it all the way up and where there are whispers and subtle sounds we turn it down
>to help with the immersion, yknow
>waht a ballsy and fantastically original approach Christopher, BRAVO NOLAN indeed

the planet was very close the the black hole, huge gravity = huge waves

youtube.com/watch?v=KUr3wesDB2E

Is this a recurring theme within the Nolanverse?

>main black hole is called Gargantua
FOR YOU

it's explained by using newton's push/pull factors
on earth the moon has a gravitational pull that affects the water on earth (i.e. tidal waters)
take pic related as an example only replace the moon with a black hole the "waves" are actually stationary it's the planet itself that is moving

No need to be a fucking douche, fuckface.

As a 45yo roleplayer for life, and worldbuider lover and practitioner in several campaings, my inner child was amazed by that planet. So simple and so cool

>yfw we'll never explore the universe and find planets with all kinds of fucked up physics and stuff like this
Nolan you goddamn genius, you made me cry

kys

This scene got me pretty hyped desu, bravo Nolan

This part and the return to the ship when he sees the videos of his aging daughter were the best of the movie

Every Nolan movie has great ideas, but not so great execution.

He's still relatively young for a director so I hope the Nolan golden era is yet to come.

so is it a wave if it never crests?

yes ?

actually it was CASE that got her.

yes i have seen this awesome film many times

it's a tide

What bothered me about this planet is why thought a planet so close to a black hole would even be worth investigating.

The lifespan of humanity there wouldn't be more than on Earth.

Seriously, I have a huge fear of open ocean and tsunamis and shit. When this happened in the theater I was more scared than I've ever been in a movie

>didn't even look for solid ground before landing
BRAVO NOLAN

lmao pussy

underrated

>lets follow protocols and have everything be safe/sound without any issue whatsoever
>NO, I WANT TO BE UNPROFESSIONAL, I WANT TO CREATE DRAMA, I WANT TO BE UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE
Every movie ever!

Who was best waifu?

The cunny daughter lmao

Big Money Matthew Mcconaughey desu

youtube.com/watch?v=4Hf_XkgE1d0

because "muh beacon"
but actually they shouldnt have gone to that planet first, seeing as it takes the most time and they wanted to save time

That's what I mean. Even if she was alive, there is no way humanity could live there.

why isn't Anne Hathaway part of the MCU?

more importantly why isn't there a Daddy Cinematic Universe yet? .

Matthew Mcconahayhay can be in it

BRAVO NOLAN

>mumble mumble i'm a corn farmer astronaut mumble mumble relativity mumble muh daughter mumble

>The lifespan of humanity there wouldn't be more than on Earth.
You're a fucking idiot.

How did they leave the planet without a rocket since leaving Earth needed one and this planet had way stronger gravity?

Because they had a shit tone of cargo and needed to save fuel to get out of earth. They only had 3 persons plus CASE on the ship when they went down to the water planet.

Is this bait?

The planet has stronger gravity so they weigh way more than on Earth.

Are you retarded? The gravity was only 1.3 times stronger. A shit tone of cargo and fuel is going to weigh WAY more in 1G than three people and a robot in 1.3G.

Yes except you are forgetting about mumble mumble relativity mumble gravity mumble mumble. It's all scientifically accurate.

So reaching terminal velocity is possible with the lander in stronger gravity because they had like ~500 kg less weight.

I'm surprised Nasa didn't save the resources of building a rocket carrier by by making the lander just a fraction lighter.

the cunny

isn't it escape velocity

Save fuel by leaving the gravitational pull of a larger planet than Earth

Back to school

>~500 kg less weight.

Why do you pull garbage out of your ass? Do you have any idea how much fuel weigh? Only the fertilized eggs were stated to weigh about 1 metric tone.

You're literally comparing 400kg times 1.3 and +10 metric tons.

The movie just had better rocket technology. It was never stated to be 100% accurate to everything. It's believable that they had better rocket rechnology ~hundred years into the future.

Having the fuel as cargo to bring up to the spaceship in orbit retard.

what a forward young man he is

The very fact that they watched this planet as an opportunity drives me insane. Weren't thay able to predict this shit? And also that timey-whimey thing which makes this whole "they settled here 20 years ago" turn into "3 minutes ago", which was also totally predictable. God.
Also this fertilised eggs shit. fucking biopolitical ideology,this eggs don't contain any value. Living people's lives matter, unborn people's lives don't.

>because he was in shock
>trained astronaut and scientist just stands there for like 2 minutes doing nothing because of "muhh shock"
It's hilarious what kind of mental hoops you Interstellar apologists are willing to go through.

But he wasn't, they very clearly stated that the man power was way down and that Cooper was the only one that could even qualify as an fully trained astronaut.

Having 100m waves heading your way and getting terrified isn't a fucking "mental hoop".

>inb4 more stuttering memes and buzzwords

If they knew about the time dialation before going on the planet why didn't they realize the call from the planet was also subject to time dialation?

Because they were retards

>I'm so scared of this giant wave, better just stand here instead of running away

It doesn't make sense.

What is even worse is that they waited to use CASE's retard roll move to save Ogreshit Lady AFTER they realized they were in danger instead of using him as a vehicle in the first place

The special effects and music were great. It was a shitty overall movie. Stay mad.

>instead of using him as a vehicle in the first place
this. let's just wade slowly in the water even though every second is costing us dearly, and ignore we have an advanced mobile robot with us

>it's all water
>okay let's just land anywhere
>uh why?
>the ship's buoyant
>well okay
>deploy the landing gear just in case the water is knee-deep
>that's ridiculous
>well look at that, it is

>It doesn't make sense.

Do you even know what going into shock is? Are you seriously this retarded?

>more useless buzzword
>u mad brah XD

pathetic

>scanners doesn't exist

water and "mountains" = livable planet

they came to the same conclusion as the previous astronaut and got memed on in the exact same way

>implying it wont return to IMAX

I've heard of people wrestling bears or leaping twelve foot fences. But in movies apparently they just stand and wait for death.

>X has happened so Y can't happen

>anything dumb can happen in this movie and this statement will excuse it

People getting paralyzed like symptoms when faced with something that makes them go into shock is not fucking dumb. Only because the reaction differs from person to person doesn't mean it's dumb.

Are you seriously this retarded or are you only memeing?

what did he mean by this?