Is he even likable?

Is he even likable?

i think henry cavill, like affleck, LOOKS decent at superman

but as a character they are both shit and almost unrecognisable to the characters we know

i wish for a superman returns sequel every day

He's the most uncharismatic superhero in recent years.

I like him, he looks like superman also Henry Cavill is sexy as fuck

No.

with hair

MAYBE if he didn't shave, he could've pulled off a unique supe
But no OP. He didn't have a spoon of charisma on his face.

In Man of Steel he's a passive aggressive beta who lets a trucker rape a waitress, but trashes the guy's truck before doing a runner.

In Batman vs. Superman he's shown to be one or two bereavements (Lois and/or Martha) away from becoming a latex clad Oswald Mosely as seen in Batman's bizarre alt-future "Flash" forward/dream.

So not that great of a guy, as depicted.

He doesn't let a waitress get raped, WTF??

>but trashes the guy's truck
that scene sucked so bad. i was hoping for an old school Clark Kent beating the shit out of the guy unexpectedly, in front of everyone. But nope, he just sulks off and has an off screen tantrum with the truck.

What do you think happened after Clark let the guy pour a beer over his head then left? You think the guy and his buddies were going to apologise, pay their tab and leave? It was going to be The Accused all over again

It's not really his fault. Super man is the most boring hero.

Didn't even need to beat the guy up. Could have just taken his arm in an extremely firm grip and taken him aside for a serious talking to. Cavill is ripped so his strength wouldn't have been seen as inhuman.

>muh likeable and relatable characters
how to spot the pleb

Better question, does he need to be?

>Literally invincible against all forms of damage except for an extremely rare element that isn't even naturally occurring on this planet
>His powers sound like a five year old came up with them. He can fly, and he is invincible, and he can shoot lasers out of his eyes, and he is super fast, and he can freeze shit with his breath, and he has super strength, and he doesn't need to breath, and he's a genius

Superman isn't likable because he is a shitty superhero.

>they are both shit

Affleck is perfect wtf are you talking about

Hi marvel

>zero charisma
>has a "with great power comes no responsibility" philosophy
>kills people
>punches batman instead of just saying "hey bro, lex is a dickhead"
Aside from looking the part he's the worst Superman ever. Even though Routh was way too skinny he was still 10x better.

Snyder had a bro boner for big muscles, huge mistake, should have concentrated on personality first. He didn't get either with Gadot

>And then Namor bend you over, and peg you.
>Hah hah hah

he literally never killed a human
and batman could not be reasoned with at that point

Recently watched BvS because it was on TV. It was.....bad but not nearly as bad as the ratings made it out to be. I'd give it like a 40%. Plot made little sense but the visuals (aside from the blatant 2deep4u jesus references) and action were neat

>killed that African warlord guy
>could have just pinned Batman down and talked to him

>he literally never killed a human
You literally never paid attention. Even if you give him a free pass on not even trying to take the battle with Zod away from a densely populated city he still killed people in BvS.
>and batman could not be reasoned with at that point
He didn't even try.
>You don't understand...
>Ah, fuck it. If it's a whoopin' you're a' wantin'...

That what sucks so much about both MoS and BvS. There are definitely pieces in both that would make each top 5 best superhero movie. But the execution is incredibly lacking, at best, because both Goyer (who wrote the base script Terrio eventually got to) and Snyder require a collaborator that can cut through all their bullshit to get to the meat.

Yes, it's the world that's jaded.

He's the only good thing about DC right now.

Cavill has the charisma of a spud. It was really distracting in The Man from UNCLE.

>he still killed people in BvS
wat

Did you completely miss the scene in Africa?

>Affleck is perfect wtf are you talking about
"You don't know me, but I've known women like you."
What did he mean by this?

nope

affleck is a great batman, though.

>implying becoming Oswald Mosley is a bad thing

In the DVD special features, there's a deleted scene where she is raped by them (not on screen) and it's supposed to serve as some lesson to Clark that just as there's consequences for actions, there's consequences for inaction as well. According to the commentary, Zack Snyder didn't feel like they could hammer home the significance of those consequences with anything short of her being raped, but it also didn't resonate well with the vibe of the film so they had to cut it, especially since they felt that "consequences for inaction" wasn't something they needed to telegraph for later when he gives himself up to Zod/the US military - the scene held up, in their point of view, without that lesson shoved in "ham-fisted."

Honestly I think I agree, the pacing would've been weird if they included the rape reference.

So you're saying it's an accurate depiction of the comic book character ?

No way that's real.

he was shit

he looks good in the suit

thats literally it

No. DC managed to make El Diablo more likable than the symbol of hope and all that's good in the world.

No, Cavill was picked merely because women like him, which is evident in BvS due to all the "hunk" shots such as taking off his shirt in the bathtub, etc....

In my opinion, Snyder's directing was pretty good. He knows what he's doing. The problem is, for a story like the death/sacrifice of Superman to really WORK, the audience has to be emotionally invested in Superman/Clark Kent. Literally no one was invested in Cavill's superman so the whole concept felt overblown.

It's really sad because Affleck really did to a pretty good job.

It is. Honestly I think it's weird that they took so many risks with BvS, but were so prudent with MoS.

Man of Steel is better than those older Superman flicks.