youtube.com/watch?v=JacQxqqtbrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7BF3-xFBNjI
youtube.com/watch?v=SNvFBaFa6s8
youtube.com/watch?v=JWlj49H-jiE
youtube.com/watch?v=uj9xb7nZMMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pinnacle of punk rock

This album sucks

i've only listened to it once. didn't feel like i "got it". looking forward to more listens after i listen to more of their discography.

It's so dense

Bob Mould's guitar playing is the most pissed off sound the instrument can produce

double nickels on the dime or zen arcade?

Husker Du is the greatest American rock band of the 80s.
Sugar was fucking great as well, as were most of Mould and Hart's solo albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=JacQxqqtbrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7BF3-xFBNjI
youtube.com/watch?v=SNvFBaFa6s8

pinnacle of dad rock*

I have yet to understand this album. I really really want to because i love Double Nickels and Wipers and Pixies and shit, but I just can't.
Do I have to understand the history behind it to get it or something? Help me out here.

regular new day rising or "unreleased final mix" version?

Clearly Zen Arcade

Mould's guitar playing is aggressive as fuck while retaining a psychedelic, wall of sound kind of feeling
The pacing of the album is fantastic, the A side is rather anxious and energetic, the B side is totally brutal, the C side is more dramatic and melancholic, and the D side is where the album goes completely out of this world
The contrast in the songwriting with Mould's aggressive punk songwriting and Hart's softer songs, as well as their distinctive vocal styles
At least that's what I like the most about the album

Wmamsf>dnotd>landspeed>zen arcade

The only song I like from husked is data control and diane

theres a bootleg mix?
does it make it not sound like shit?

It's hard to believe that it came out on SST records and was produced, mixed, mastered and engineered by Spot!

Luigi

TAKE THAT, HUSKERS!

I like both bands but the Dü blow the fuck out of them in originality, melody, writing, aggressiveness, and every other department. Hüskers are a top 5 band and Minutemen are more like a top 50 band.

Nope WMMSF> anything husker du ever put out

The only interesting history behind the making of the album is that all but 2 songs were recorded in one take within 40 hours, took another 40 hours to mix it and cost $3,200. If you didn't know, it's a concept album so knowing the story and what events occur in each song may help to understand it.

no way, Huskers just have speed and distortion as a gimmick. They wrote pretty pop melodiees. the Minutemen were way more advanced as artists and as an ethos. Just Mike Watt alone makes most Miutemen albums worth it but the range from stream-of-consciousness to fun banter in the lyrics show Minutemen were way more 3dimensional

Took so long for this album to click for me. if you're not listening to it LOUD AS FUCK you're pretty much not even listening to it.

There's like a 10 song streak or so after the first handful that's boring as fuck, and although it's mostly good again after that it's still not consistent throughout. I definitely still listen to the tracks I like, which are still quite a bit, but there's no way Imma waste my time going through the whole thing again.

I was made in 85 and I'm dense as shit. It's not that hard to believe

Eh. I see the appeal. But I find a lot of the lyrics to be really angled and the production in general is a bit too suspicious for my tastes

i really like the piano interludes
one step at a time -> pink turns to blue, hnnng

The interludes are great. My favorite is Monday Will Never Be The Same -> Whatever

I've been listening to Squirrel Bait for the first time and I can't get over how much they sound like Husker.
Especially stuff like this: youtube.com/watch?v=JWlj49H-jiE

other songs remind me of the Germs too: youtube.com/watch?v=uj9xb7nZMMo

embarrassing

listened to bitch magnet? they're like the link from husker du to slint
crazy fucking good, mathy stuff

The solo on "indecision time" is some of the most impressive shit i've ever heard

Spot sabotaged Husker Du because Ginn was afraid they would surpass Black Flag... facts

>implying black flag could be surpassed