What happened to perhaps the greatest movie critic of our time?

What happened to perhaps the greatest movie critic of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_IYDeF1x8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pic unrelated.

Thank Christ that autist is gone. He didn't understand subtlety, visual storytelling or atmosphere. He was one of the most narrow-minded film "critics" I've ever seen.

look kid you're gonna have to accept that lion king wasn't a good movie.

wasn't it hosted on RLM?

last i looked him up he reuploaded some of his stuff to youtube

I don't give a shit about The Lion King or any animated Disney movies. His review of No Country for Old Men is what really rustled my jimmies. He completely missed the point of the film.

>wasn't it hosted on RLM?
No, Confused Matthew has never worked with RLM. His old shit was hosted on blip.tv

He was right on point with No Country

He doesn't make videos anymore. He just posts on Facebook now.

NOTHING HAPPENS

thats the movie

He was autism in its purest form.

You are thinking about Channel Awesome.

Typical Confused Pleb fans. No Country for Old Men is full of nihilistic themes but they all went over your heads because the Coen brothers didn't shout them at you. Stick to popcorn flicks.

youtube.com/watch?v=M_IYDeF1x8w

I remember emailing him back in 2014 to ask how things were and that I had recently found this (autistic) goldmine.

He mentioned depression keeping him from really throwing everything he had at more videos, which I can relate to.

No he wasn't, his review was embarrassing. He didn't understand any of the subtext and he thought all of the suspenseful scenes were boring wastes of time. He doesn't understand that not every film has to follow the same old Hollywood formulas. There's nothing wrong with not liking NCFOM but you would have to be an ignorant idiot who doesn't know anything about cinema to think it's "an empty movie about nothing".
t. capeshitter

>He mentioned depression keeping him from really throwing everything he had at more videos, which I can relate to.
That's a shame. I miss seeing him sperg out over stuff that non-spectrum people can understand.

Good riddance he is gone. He was just plain dumb and had zero senisbility when it comes to art.

I enjoyed his Minority Report video

He's a complete fucking asshat.

That said, his analysis of blade runner is pretty on point.

Did you like his 2001 review?

Another user here. His opinion about 2001 made me literally mad.

He should have just taken his ritalin before watching it.

It's strange how he can have such a vitriolic view of 2001 and completely miss the point, but be such a fan of and have a rather good perspective with blade runner.

That shit was almost as bad as his NCFOM review. I don't even like 2001 that much but I would never deny that there's a lot of subtext and meaning in it.

>I don't understand why but I'm told it's good so therefor it's good

Don't bother replying I won't read it, I'll just assume you feel dumb.

His name was definitely apt. He was absolutely confused because he never understood anything about the movies he'd review.

>I don't like this film so therefore it doesn't have any meaning and anyone who disagrees with me is a pretentious liar
This is what you and Confused Matthew sound like. This is why Matthew is so widely hated on here.

>reading comprehension
u r dumm

wait I never took him seriously I thought he was trolling. he wasn't actually sincere was he!?

>I won't read it
So you're running away like a little bitch? Kek, you Confused Matthew fans are just as autistic as your God.

>Don't bother replying I won't read it
Sure thing bro.