F ;_;

f ;_;

aww

quit trying to spoil this movie niggers

>watch alex jones
>kill abbott

it's been out for months, hardly spoiling.

If you're going to watch it, it's already been spoiled.

:3

So what was the point of your thread?

it's not my thread

WHAT DO THOSE WORDS MEAN?

this movie was good until the third act

Don't worry, no charge for it.

>not kang and kodos
they blew it

3000 year sequel when?

Theres nothing to spoil

yep

Why was this the only scene to have the alien language subtitled?

Not even that
Only the first 30 or so minutes were good

There had to be a way for the audience to know what the heptopod was saying to Louise without her doing the lame cliche of repeating everything. The subtitles simply represent what Louise is thinking as she reads the alien language.

Almost teared up during this part. Not only due to Abbott dying but also due to the revelation.

Because that's the part where she can understand their language.

And because the whole movie is from Amy Adams point of view, we as a viewer get the subtitles at the same time as she understands it.

what motion picture is this?

Dark Knight Rises

Who knew a language based on coffee stains could be so expressive.

how do you know that part is their face?

Nobody has their face close to their hands. I think it will be the same for aliens. Colour me surprised if we find live on a different planet and their eyes are on their hands or something.

except that's literally the only way the heptapods could have seen anything from the team and the entirely visual-based lessons on the other side of the glass, but hey.

apology for poor english

where were you when Abbott dies

i was at home drinking brain fluid when fred ring

'Abbott is death process'

'no'

>were
>when
>was

discontinue retard time experience process

F

Having subtitles was a horrible decision by the director.

It was to demonstrate that she now understood them. What would be a better alternative in your opinion?

>abbot is kill
>'no'

The eyes are supposed to be around the middle of their body and they are supposed to have limbs on both sides of their body so they are symmetrical. how did they fuck this up?

forcing the audience to learn their language

Yeah, so then you have a bunch of people perceiving time non-linearly and fucking up causality.

Good job, Einstein.

kek

altered perception of time =/= precognition

the ending made me uncomfortable. that was a Sophie's choice kind of situation

It is when you can remember "future" events and use that knowledge to make decisions in the "past".

but she can't remember the future, can she? I fell asleep during the movie, but in the book she just begins to perceive time differently. She never sees the future.

Yeah, I bet you know TONS more about this than Villeneuve!!!1111

go die

She stops the global thermonuclear war by calling Chinese general on his private mobile phone and telling him the exact words his wife told him before dying.

They meet like 3 months later and said general gives her his phone number and tells her these words so she can call him 3 months before and repeat them and stop the global thermonuclear war.