Let's have a Kurt Russell thread

Let's have a Kurt Russell thread.

Post your favourite Kurt movies and roles. Do you consider him to be an underrated actor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U2YVyLLKRHw
youtube.com/watch?v=ExDTKpMfxDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he was great in MacGyver

He's doing great for the illegitimate son of Walt Disney.

Sir, this board is for capeshit and BLACKED.com. We don't discuss actors and real movies here. Go back to r/movies please

Tango & Cash motherfucker

I wish he was my dad.
no offense, Dad.

In my opinion, he's one of those actors that make movies enjoyable, regardless of the film. Case in point, Death Proof. He's great in thrillers, action, and comedy movies.

I liked him in Deepwater Horizon

>tfw Kurt Russell wasn't offered Han Solo

Normally I don't trust anyone with two first names, but he might be the only exception

Not many actors can go from Snake Plissken to Henry Swanson.

Goddammit he actually would have been perfect and would have embraced that role

only liked him in big trouble in little china and breakdown

The Thing is my favourite Kurt movie

Can't pick a role though, he's the best thing in every movie he's in

He was great in The Hateful Eight,His work with Carpenter is awesome too.

Fear. Fear and discipline. All the time.

Post criminally underrated Kurtkino

Exactly this.

>capeshit
So why did he give up

I'd be happy if he did westerns for the rest of his life

Big trouble in little China.

Big trouble in little China, one of my faves

kek

Even when Kurt gets cast in a B-movie western with a terrible script he turns the movie into gold.
Is there anything he can't do?

Bird on a Wire is the best Kurt film.

There is no debating this.

Overboard is his best.

this is a great little early 90s thriller starring kurt and madeline stowe's tits

true kino

M-my name is Kurt and I've never met another Kurt

Overboard was pretty good.

What is the name of that movie where he was a car salesman?

Where were you, Childs?

>tfw Kurt Russel will die someday

total guess but the lot?

Tombstone and Bone Tomahawk

>Unlawful Entry
So, it's rape ...

>Henry Swanson's the name
>filling slants with semen's the game

What did Carpenter mean by this?

I found it. Used cars

who /soldier/ here?

Why did Carpenter cast Piper instead of based Kurt for They Live? It seems the role was made for him considering Piper looks just like him

you missed my post above? :'(

Piper was really big, and looked more kick ass 2bh

Man this board has deteriorated to a pool of shit by now. It's just nostalgic idiots and illiterates and capeshit.

Call him Snake.

>still no Escape From 3 with Jeff Bridges as Snake's estranged brother

I imagine they wanted Kurt but he couldn't do it for some reason so they got discount Kurt instead

Serious question; has Kurt ever turned in a bad performance? While I haven't seen every movie he's ever made, every one I have seen him in he's always terrific. Can he do no wrong?

Awesome movie

I really like Soldier

He's an absurd man but he makes everything he's in better regardless of how stupidly written his character is.

Ex: FF7

Who was he, Sepiroth?

Not really overrated. He is probably just the right amount of rated, though he kind of seems a bit full of himself. I mean, he isn't really that good of a director. But he does speak to the common working man pretty good.

This.

That movie is comfy af.

Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

He'd probably hate everybody that posts here.

I hate everybody that posts here too.

You shut your mouth when you are speaking ill of Kurt

Fuck you, I'm going to Holywood.

Good to see someone mention this one. It's a classic.

love this film

This is my favorite moment in any western, ever, AND my favorite Kurt Russell moment. Fucking FLAWLESSLY bad ass.

youtu.be/U2YVyLLKRHw

Exactly. From imdb trivia:
>The role of Nada was originally written for Kurt Russell. John Carpenter felt he should cast somebody else after casting Russell in three of his films prior to this one (Escape From New York (1981), The Thing (1982) and Big Trouble in Little China (1986).

>When all of the sons are bragging about their accomplishments and the fat one says, "I'm flunkin math!"

He was definitely the best part about that movie.

It's all in the reflexes

>He'd probably hate everybody that posts here.
So he really is /ourguy/

"Call me Snake."

Escape from New York is pure kino.

>Don't do it, Snake!
>The name's Plissken
KINO

>posts about EFNY
>posts pic of ending to EFLA

To this day, we still call out friend Captain Ron.

i always thought that movie would be 10x better if kurt was there instead but roddy was fine. still a very good movie

This

I fucking love that movie where solid snake gets to go on a vacation via boat trip with some normies.

>youtu.be/U2YVyLLKRHw

Oh come on, it contains one of the stupidest lines ever. I laugh every time I hear it.

> no one posted death proof

because is fucking garbage

>

>tarantino's foot fetish: the flick
Although Kurt was the only good part of the movie, mainly because he is incapable of delivering a bad performance

Bumperino with more Kurtkino
youtube.com/watch?v=ExDTKpMfxDg

Captain Ron

He is god tier in The Thing.

Except for the line that sounds like shit when he says something like:

Stupidest? GTFFFFFFO, you asshat. That shit is fantastic.

THIS. Soldier isn't a perfect movie by any means but it's very entertaining and my favorite Kurt role easily.

The scene where he cries for the first time after being cast out by the village is top shelf physical acting. He only has like five lines in the movie, but his eyes speak volumes. Too good for the movie to be honest.

Hojo

Imagine a world in which Kurt Russell decided to stay on for the Stargate tv series. I probably would've watched it.

Why did kurt never blow up like brad pitt? I'm not gay but the dude was good looking

>didn't blow up
What the fuck are you smoking? He was a fucking teen idol in the 60s and was in top hits throughout the 70s-90s

I know "mourning" Hollywood break ups is retarded, but I think I might be a little bummed if Kurt and Goldie ever break up.

— "THE THING".

— "BACKDRAFT".

— "BREAKDOWN"

— "SOLDIER".

— "VANILLA SKY".

— "BONE TOMAHAWK".