Has there ever been a metal album since to have such a colossal sense of terror?

Has there ever been a metal album since to have such a colossal sense of terror?

>getting scared by music
consume less soy

Try "Leitmotif Luzifer" by Abigor, their later albums are very similar to DSO.

and this

If you just want something dark n spooky peep:

Gnaw Their Tongues - All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity
Khanate - s/t

if you want something of that level of sheer chaotic intensity, it's got a more black comedy feel to it than it does a nihilistic one but

Pyrrhon - What Passes For Survival

There's stuff like the earlier mentioned Abigor stuff or guys like Dodecahedron or newer Icelandic black metal bands like Svaurtidaudi or Misthyrming who obviously have a Deathspell Omega inspired sound, but they come nowhere close to the riffing and intensity of Fas.

Nope. This album is the epithome of atmosphere in metal.

I love you all

Why do you keep posting this

first time posting it desu, is there a problem senpai?

fucking Teitanblood, Triumphant, Funeral Fist

My gentlemen

>dissowank
>terror

Calling it wank only shows that you are too deaf to hear the riffing on the album. Not to mention the terror OP's referring to comes from the sheer intensity on display on the album, not necessarily its discordance (which has its own conceptual, non-wanky reasons to actually be there but you wouldn't know or care.)

Triumphator*
my mistake

This album sucks tho

The cover art is good though

Only because it doesn't match the creativity in riffing and intensity of Deathspell Omega who kinda set the bar very high. It's very similar in feel to what OP wants.