żuber

The one on the right.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0w9q125TSI

The eagle in our emblem is just a memebird
The true animal of Pooland is based stork
Optionally a wisent:
youtube.com/watch?v=JSqhOfCoz7A

>Your national animal is a birdlet

Wut? Is that like a vulture raped a turkey? What is that thing?

Why Polan love Stork?

this i guess
not very unique tbqh

these monsters

Are they as bad as the Canadian Goose?

did you guys know the "eagle" the Mexica saw may have been a Northern Crested Caracara?

Nice try

A local cat.

ROOSTER YOU FUCKING CUNT

It's stronk.

no

they're nice lads

So what is the story behind you guys loving the common cock?

well the Mexica considered the Crested Caracara as sacred. and it's living range makes more sense for it to have been in central mexico than the Golden Eagles

Its association with France dates back from the Middle Age and is due to the play on words in Latin between Gallus, meaning an inhabitant of Gaul, and gallus, meaning rooster, or cockerel. Its use, by the enemies of France, dates to this period, originally a pun to make fun of the French,[1] the association between the rooster and the Gauls/French was developed by the kings of France for the strong Christian symbol that the rooster represents : prior to being arrested, Jesus predicted that Peter would deny him three times before the rooster crowed on the following morning. At the rooster's crowing, Peter remembered Jesus's words. Its crowing at the dawning of each new morning made it a symbol of the daily victory of light over darkness and the triumph of good over evil. It is also an emblem of the Christian's attitude of watchfulness and readiness for the sudden return of Christ, the resurrection of the dead, and the final judgment of humankind. That is why, during the Renaissance, the rooster became a symbol of France as a Catholic state and became a popular Christian image on weathervanes, also known as weathercocks.

Dude, there's eagles in Mexico City even today, you'd be hard pressed to find a Chilango who's ever seen a caracara or even knows what it is

this is the Golden Eagle's historical living range. it actually ends around Hidalgo

im just saying, ive read up on both birds and it would make sense if they saw either one.

Too bad abdul al pierre is the new norm. Such a shame.

Interesting, such a weird little thing to date back so many years.

Yes, because that map is drawn to milimetric precission and accounts for any and all populations, pictured is southern Mexico City.

No, it wouldn't make sense for pre-industrial peoples to mistake two easily distinguishable birds, much less when one of those is central to their culture, ever heard of fucking Aztec Eagle warriors ffs? was drawn by an Aztec tlacuilo, they fucking knew what eagles looked like.

Now, let's entertain this dumb fuck internet theory made by someone obviously unfamiliar with both central Mexico and Aztec culture and say it was the Caracara, Mexicans are also part European and devoutly Catholic, the eagle fighting the snake is biblical allegory for good vs evil while the eagle itself was also the symbol of Vicegoth nobility in Spain, in turn related to the Roman aquila.

So even assuming this is the case (it's not) it's still a far deeper and more legit connection than say Americans, whose original symbol was the rattlesnake (don't step on snek) just randomly appropiating Roman symbols for themselves.

Visigoth eagles

Aztec eagle

calm the fuck down you autist i said "may have been" it's just something i read and i though was kinda interesting. fuck.

White stork is our national animal

KIWI