The G.O.A.T Edition

The G.O.A.T Edition

its shit

name a bigger meme than 2k5 is 1337

the madden exclusive deal ruined football vidya

Why did they stop making NCAAF games? I always liked those better

I mean, it was a good game but so was Madden back then. It's reputation is good because it didn't have a dozen shit variations of it afterwards like madden

Muh likeness of unpaid college players. And yes those games were much better.

NFL2K was the superior game back then, just like PES was the superior game
Anyone who disagrees was a nintoddler nerd

personally enjoyed 2k5 way more than the maddens of the same era. it was more visually appealing and fun to play. sega did it better, no argument

the depth of 2k's franchise mode was too much for me as a 12 year old. it was incredible and i wish i had been able to experience it wholly.

1. blitz
2. quarterback club
3. tecmo bowl (spectating, not playing)
4. 2k
5. madden
90001. madden w/ exclusive rights

Why won't they bring it back? Why does the NFL only want Madden? How does competition hurt?

>Does competition hurt?
EA bought the rights to the NFL because Madden would just be another NBA Live. Same with the NHL even though NHL 2K was complete shit. EA just shits out almost descent games because it can.

>tecmo bowl
Have you played the updated ROM, its godly

QB Club was legit. Played the hell out of it on my N64 back in the day.

I may have just forgotten for the others, but QB Club is the only one I remember that would let you change a guy's position
>tfw I was the meme before the meme with a Barry Sanders wildcat

It had some of the best atmosphere for playoff games/Super Bowl too. Much fucking better then Madden in that regard.

>my face the first time I played away at Lambeau in the playoffs with the Bucs

Gotta love the rumble pack going off due to crowd noise causing false starts.

NFL2K5 Had the same if not more features than Madden and was complimented with a lower price. Madden hasn't done nothing revolutionary since Madden 04 with franchise mode.

>MVP Baseball 2004
I know 2005 gets all the praise, but seriously, I can't tell you how many hours I spent on 2004

MVP 04 & 05 were the best baseball games I've played since Triple Play Gold(THE GOAT baseball game).

But Madden 05 was a good game too. First with a hit stick if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think it was the first and the defensive ai is ridiculous. They jump across the field 10 ft in the air to perfectly knock a pass down.

Only thing fun in Madden is fantasy drafts so you can make meme teams.

>not winning the Owl with an all-white team

>NCAA 14 still plays more fluidly than Madden 18

Because the nfl is retarded. This would be like apple forcing everyone to use at&t for their iPhone. Makes no business sense in anyway yet they refuse to let other companies use the copyright

it had nothing to do with the NFL whatsoever. NCAA players sued EA in a class-action lawsuit, and won, over EA using their likenesses in their games without receiving compensation. EA lost millions, as well as their rights with the NCAA, which obviously does not allow its players to receive compensation. any future NCAA game would not be able to recreate the likenesses of current NCAA players, meaning there's no fucking point.

What was that VIP lounge bullshit? Completely unnecessary feature in an otherwise great game.

2K5 was great but still an arcade game. Madden never stopped being an arcade game and kept getting shittier because of lack of competition.

Look at NBA 2K vs NBA Live. By this decade 2K had literally put EA's shit sandwich Live out of business. NFL 2K would have inevitably surpassed and ruined Madden.