The Neon Demon

It was good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OvUJsu5w8IU
youtube.com/watch?v=NZYmgZSf6KY
youtube.com/watch?v=qEsPqJOKmiQ
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4102552/I-don-t-friends-Elle-Fanning-admits-s-jealous-people-lots-pals-reveals-social-media-leaves-feeling-anxious.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah

this

Yeah, nice soundtrack too.

youtube.com/watch?v=OvUJsu5w8IU

good thread

Agreed
I'll be unsurprised, though still upset, when this fails to even get nominated for an academy award for best cinematography and best film

it's nice. in a reality where everybody talks non stop all the time its good to enjoy the silence

If you like faggot techno music then it has the best soundtrack in the world. This is just embarrassing to listen to though.

Fuck you just described what I feel about this movie. It's so great because it's silent, there's no loud explosions nor heavy expositionary speeches. Just pure silence and a whole lot of symmetric imagery. It's good to feel that.

a good nap more like

go on

I liked it.

It has plenty of flaws, but it does a decent job of communicating through visuals, which most movies nowadays fail to do.

It's great.

>it does a decent job of communicating through visuals, which most movies nowadays fail to do.
But Refn kinda goes too far in the other direction, he overcommunicates the fuck out of every theme he's trying to get across. He's anti-subtlety

>he overcommunicates the fuck out of every theme he's trying to get across.
>He's anti-subtlety

I agree, but I think that is subtlety less of a measure of quality and more of a stylistic choice.

I mean considering the core themes of the movie, the fetishistic approach towards visuals is warranted, no?

Should i watch it Sup Forums?

am i being memed?

i really like Blade Runner. is it similar aesthetically?

>ywn touch her sluttyslutty neck
;_;

Yes, watch it you damned fool.

oh dear is she gonna fall down?

not really, watch it anyways. keep in mind its a refn movie

Watch this,

youtube.com/watch?v=NZYmgZSf6KY

If this seems boring/pointless/pretentious to you then it's probably not your cup of tea.

Damn, that's some great score.

I think that subtlety is absolutely a measure of quality.

Art should not beat you over the head with its point.

Girls are really sensitive in the neck area too, when you kiss or nuzzle them there they melt.

Elle probably has a bordering-on-erogenous sensitive neck and starts moaning and cooing when people start stroking or kissing it.

i don't know what that means if im to be completely honest.

im not familiar with him though i may have seen some of his work and just dont remember.

Imagine your cum gushing from the sides of Elle's mouth and streaming down her long neck

So would you say the lack of ambiguity and subtlety in say, Ode to Joy, a sign that it lacks in quality?

I think that both subtlety and over-exaggeration have their places.

I think a good example of that would be the theatrical methods of acting, for example in movies such as Ran or Seven Samurai, where the actors simplify and condense their characters through over-exaggeration of emotion.

Don't take it too seriously pretty much, it's very stylized and goofy at times but I really liked it

>Ode to Joy
The song? I don't really see how you can make the comparison, or at least I can't see the comparison well enough to argue on it. Subtlety in music is pretty different.

>I think that both subtlety and over-exaggeration have their places.
Over-exaggeration and subtlety aren't opposites. Subtlety and obviousness are opposites. Plenty of things in films should be obvious, I agree with that, but many things also lose power (emotional, narrative, whatever power) by being obvious.

And anyway, a lot of things in The Neon Demon are trying to be subtle but they end up being obvious, like the runway scene.

Does anyone wanna pretend to be Elle for each other?

Starry Eyes> Neon Deomon

why is her face so long

where is her jaw

l-lewd

it was good but ppl wanted great

I need photos where she has her head tilted back and you can also see her clavicle pls thanks/
/
/
/
i will be masturbating to the photos fyi

I'm not that attracted to Elle so I didn't like it that much

Bella though

>trying to be subtle
>like the runway scene

Why do you think that the scene was trying to be subtle? All of the information was presented in a very overwhelming manner with clear changes in colour and acting.

> I don't really see how you can make the comparison

I guess this would be a better example:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEsPqJOKmiQ

There is no real subtlety in exposition here. Everything is very obvious, characters are literally expressing their thoughts, but I don't see how that makes the scene lose power.

I thought it was pretentious as fuck but overall nice. The cinematography is good nonetheless. Soundtrack didn't do anything to me since it was basically silence all the time. Actresses were good but there was not much to ask of them. Also, Jena Malone's nipples were weird as fuck.

>t. Bella

>pretentious as fuck
what did you think it was pretending to be? howso?

faggot pls

It probably won't get best cinematography nomination and if it does they won't let it win. I mean it is pretty good and IIRC it is done by a woman which gives it an advantage in the current times, but as far as I remember they favour more subtle cinematography... I may be wrong though.

>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Fuck are you talking about?

It definitely won't get a nomination. Hollywood never recognises films that they don't consider "good" overall
It's a shame because I genuinely think that the Neon Demon has the best cinematography of any film I've ever seen

a novel, interesting, or relevant treatise on image-based industries?

guys/
/
/
/
pls guys

How does this film do that?
Same question. Surely every film attempts to be interesting? But you wouldn't call every film you find boring pretentious, so I'm curious what makes you think this particular film is

not leaning back but start here, will see what I can find

t-thanks/
/
/

/

they just ripped off blacked

>tfw no witch gf who practices all her hexes on you
;_;

It was "good". Not good. Good with an upward inflection of reluctance.

I fucking loved the cinematography and I was pretty occupied with trying to see where it was all going from a visual story telling stand point.

But ultimately I just can't out-and-out love a movie that has such weak characters, a simple story, and a (ultimately) unsubtle message.

I liked the characters as metaphors, but Refn seems to keep sacrificing them for style.

Seems like Bronson might end up being his most well-rounded movie overall. Although I still really liked Drive as well.

Kino OST.

>But ultimately I just can't out-and-out love a movie that has such weak characters, a simple story, and a (ultimately) unsubtle message.

Why?

She seems very conscious of her erotic neck too

I'll let you know when I watch it.

Which will be never.

So I guess I won't let you know

So fuck off.

*strokes neck*
*adjusts choker*

WHY IS SHE COVERINGIT/
/

/
/

I don't like seeing the fanning sisters as sluts, all grown up

yessss/
/

/
/i LOVE her SLUTTY NECK

>you will never unleash the beast on Anya

The characters were meant to embody metaphors, that seemed to be the point. They didn't need to develop because that was not what the movie was about. It was focused on "beauty" as a concept, a force of nature.

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4102552/I-don-t-friends-Elle-Fanning-admits-s-jealous-people-lots-pals-reveals-social-media-leaves-feeling-anxious.html

tfw no elle fanning gf

me rn

LEAVE NECK KINO TO ME

Elle's nickname with her highschool friends was "piglet"

Poor Elle. :( :3

overall i liked it but the script/dialougue whatever it's called was terrible. some of the acting was bad too at times.

i think elle fanning did a pretty good job though and the cinematography paired with the sundtrack makes it worth watching.

le style over substance meme

Literally 2001: a space odyssey tier

Translation: unwatchable trash