Are there any "social icon" musicians who weren't hypocrites...

Are there any "social icon" musicians who weren't hypocrites? That is ones who are held up as exemplary for their ideals in the social and political spheres?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8bfyS-S-IJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bob Dylan

bull shit

>be part of the most successful band in history
>imagine no possessions

nice

"i used to be cruel to my woman, i beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" - Getting Better

what specifically is hypocritical about that line?

>used to

>used to

The crazy leftobonkers things that get attributed to Dylan are always attributed to him by other people, he never came out and said any of that shit himself. If you look into it, he's always been a pretty solidly middle-of-the-fence dude, sincere as fuck and totally authentic

HAHHAHAHAAHAHA

im pretty sure he never beat Yoko, unless you got the evidence for it m8s
even an allegation would be acceptable in this case.

no-one could live with Yoko Ono for more than a week and NOT beat her

if anything finding out that lennon was an anti semtic wife beater that went on gay vacations with his jew manager, andaonded his wife and kid to marry an asian lady, and was in love with his mom makes him more endearing to the Sup Forums population

>solidly middle-of-the-fence dude, sincere as fuck and totally authentic
you are full of shit

6ix9ine

this guy

give one (1) example of Dylan being hypocritical. pro-tip: you can't

Yes there is one. She has always been a fanatical cum slut. She has never deviated for one second from being a brazen whore. Not even being elderly will stop her

I'm pretty sure the only politician I've ever heard him say he likes was Barry Goldwater, but I don't know if he was in contrarian mode when he said that

lennon actually left ono for a while and she let him fuck another asian lady on the side

After the Beatles disbanded in 1970, Ono and Lennon lived together in London and then moved permanently to Manhattan in order to escape tabloid racism towards Ono.[50] Their relationship became strained because Lennon was facing the threat of deportation due to drug charges that had been filed against him in England, and also because of Ono's separation from her daughter. The couple separated in July 1973, with Ono pursuing her career and Lennon living between Los Angeles and New York with personal assistant May Pang; Ono had given her blessing to Lennon and Pang.[51][52]

By December 1974, Lennon and Pang considered buying a house together, and he refused to accept Ono's phone calls. The next month, Lennon agreed to meet with Ono, who claimed to have found a cure for smoking. After the meeting, he failed to return home or call Pang. When Pang telephoned the next day, Ono told her that Lennon was unavailable, because he was exhausted after a hypnotherapy session. Two days later, Lennon reappeared at a joint dental appointment with Pang; he was stupefied and confused to such an extent that Pang believed he had been brainwashed. He told her that his separation from Ono was now over, though Ono would allow him to continue seeing her as his mistress

Either John was whipped af or Yoko's pussy game ridiculous

Can't think of anything bad this guy did. He was pretty down to earth.

What he’s saying is true. Dylan has been very careful not to air his personal and political views since the early 60s. He’s done some charity stuff like Farm Aid and so on but can’t see any hypocrisy there. He has never been comfortable being labelled a prophet, the voice of a generation, all that bullshit. I say this as I have read dozens of interviews and listened to all his albums.

The one exception is the gospel period. I’m not convinced that wasn’t purely for art, opening up songwriting avenues and getting his listeners to think for themselves by spouting confrontational fire and brinstone nonsense anyway. If there is one major theme through his music and career it is “think for yourself”.

so yoko was a cuck?

you're a bunch of morons
dylan constantly contradicted himself
I don't have a problem with it, that's part of his charm for me
but to say he's not a hypocrite is absurd
he's a liminal trickster and a rough job

But in contradicting himself he is conversely not holding himself up to any ideal. He has never attempted to come across as some saint or leader, as he described himself much to the amusement of a press conference in the early 60s he has always been a “song and dance man”. Nothing more.

I think its funnier that she called lennon to tell him she had the cure for smoking, he dissappered. and then when he came back he was disheveled and was all "i must be going with yoko now"

then I guess he don't belong in this thread do he?

I didn’t post him, I am just defending his status as not a hypocrite.

Joan Baez I guess maybe belongs in this thread, but she always has been overtly political and idealistic.

from what i read about bowie he was actually a normal dude who liked football and beer and the complete oppiste of being some sissy art fag

Yeah, no.

Remember when there was a time you could just jokingly do things like this as and not have your career ruined?

>those dudes in the trees
lmao, today the cops would stop that immediately because of terrorist threats or something.

While he liked normal things, he was hugely into art and postmodernism and such. He was trained as an contemporary dancer and a mime.
The only thing Bowie was not was a hippie. He genuinely despised them

Heard this for the first time today. You’d be hanged drawn and quartered for this now. Fucking hilarious though.

youtu.be/8bfyS-S-IJs

>normal dude
>go on a diet of pure milk, pepper and cocaine

this fucking guy

He was just "playing a character," user.