Can you name a reason why you are a fan of a certain team? (Unless it's your local team.)

Can you name a reason why you are a fan of a certain team? (Unless it's your local team.)

I can answer what teams I'm a fan of, but I don't really have any idea why.

>lakers, dodgers, kings, galaxy
local teams
>arsenal
i honestly don't know

You rolled trips, you don't need a reason really.

I support Steaua Bucharest (Now named Football Club FCSB) although I live in a different city because my dad taught me football and he was a Steaua fan too.

>arsenal

As a child I was a massive faggot. I thought fredrik Ljungbergs mohawk was the coolest thing ever and he is also swedish so arsenal became the team I followed.

Fan of united since like 97. The main reason was Schmeichel and I often played as a goalie as kid

>only support teams in american sport leagues from my city
>support newcastle because my mom lived there and operated a pub a 3 blocks from the stadium
>only support college teams from where i went to school and my "family" team

don't really associate with teams outside of football, baseball, and soccer. i will casually bandwagon NHL teams in the playoffs or CL/EL teams that meme their way to further rounds, but as far as my team loyalties go, it's exclusively local

*(besides newcastle)

FIFA

Barcelona
because i love messi

Manure because of players like Fletcher and Park.

Panathinaikos because they're the least shitty team in my home country

VV Venlo because of football manager

NYC so all local teams

Yanited cause I guess Rooney was always pushed down our throats for soccer coverage in US as a kid. I had FIFA 99 so I played with em too

The teams I support, I support because they're successful and win things. If they were to stop being successful then I'd stop supporting them and move onto whichever team is beating them.

For some reason this makes a lot of people mad.

I bandwagon Millwall because I heard all their fans are far right hooligans.

Barcelona
because i love messi

nigga u gay

i support arsenal because i'm really into humiliation

me too lad

I am a fan of the Green Bay Packers because I'm from Green Bay.

Never realized that Euros were such bandwagoners. I guess I assumed most people were fans of the teams that were closest to them.

Liverpool, because I'm used to never winning. Also they come to Australia sometimes.

Well, I'm 14 miles from the Bridge and the old man supported them his old life so naturally it runs in the family

>Barça
Dinho is the only reason i started to loke footy

>Chelsea

Zola and Guðjohnsen

Said the country that will support any franchise from other city.

>Chelsea
>Frank Lampard and Joe Cole

>Manchester City
MUH HERITAGE
>this triggers the Bongs

Honestly growing up I concluded that, while I may favour one or the other team for some time for any specific reason, I am only really attached to Benfica and the Portuguese national team. Over the years I might find myself rooting or empathizing with rival teams in other leagues.

>tottenham
i'm jewish tbqh

happy new year bruh

The first football match i watched live is Toyota/Intercontinental cup between United and Palmeiras.
Has been United customer since then.

>spurs

coworker from england is a fan

Portsmouth FC because it's my dad's team, he lived locally but I was born and live elsewhere in an area not known for football so I followed my dad's team.

>Arsenal
I'm a masochist, I love being humilliated and I love how Arsene Wegner gives me a small glimmer of hope before crushing my dreams. I honestly don't know what's right and what's wrong anymore. Its an endless cycle of pain and pleasure, I am forever a slave to my master Wegner.

>Barcelona
childhood team
>capitals (Vienna)
local team
>Boston Red Sox
Randomly picked them when I got into baseball
>Detroit Lions
Got into football when I was little but never had a team. Chose Loins

thanks, i appreciate that

Chargers fan as well I assume?