Greta Van Fleet

What do you guys think of these guys? I'm kinda mixed on it. Gotta admit tho, their shit is pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aq0DOBZa_S4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're weak
/thread

I don't know what makes them better or worse than any other hard rock nostalgia act, it is impressive that they're so young though.

Better than 100% of new artists today

I like Safari Song. The rest is meh.

fucking terrible

Impossible, because then they'd be better than themselves

If you want some more Led Zep then why not
there's 10000 Black Sabbath-worship bands and desu I like a lot of those

Impressive, isn't it?

/thread

Remember Rival Sons? They were the better Zeppelin tribute band.

just listen to led zep

t. Mike "WHAT YEAR ARE WE IN oh btw check out my 50s opera album" Patton

If you mean bands like Electric Wizard and Sleep, they are both individually distinguishable from each other and Black Sabbath. Greta Van Fleet imitates Led Zeppelin's sound as precisely as they can.

Wolfmother for the new generation. Brings nothing new to the table

It brings rock revival in the mainstream, rap is on the way out.

nah i wouldn't feel comfortable putting Electric Wizard and Sleep in the "Black Sabbath-worship" camp
They obviously do take some inspiration from Sabbath (like most doom metal bands), but I'm referring to bands like Magic Circle, Uncle Acid (they're similar but still pretty distinct), and Witchcraft

I think it's funny,
a band ripping off a band, that was known for ripping off other bands. There's something circular and fitting about this.....

I don't personally care for them because they've not yet done anything that isn't easily written off as cheap imitation Zeppelin. However, I think their quickly growing popularity is good for rock music and something like this could hopefully shake up the current landscape of mainstream rock music, which these days is either pop rock (with heavy emphasis on pop) or the whole post-grunge/alt-metal thing. Maybe - just maybe - Greta Van Fleet and hopefully a few other classics-inspired artists can shift the focus of modern rock music elsewhere for a while.

Heres an even better done Led Zep rip off than anything Greta has done
youtube.com/watch?v=aq0DOBZa_S4

Thing is with these guys, they only have one album out so far. Could anyone truly underatand Led Zeppelin by just listening to their forst album? Granted, they do sound like Zeppelin, but their sound will evolve as they grow as musicians. Keep on mind, these dudes are 19 and 20. Time will prove their worth and I think they'll become mainstream within two years.

This. A Zeppelin rip off band with modernized lyrics might of been somewhat interesting but even in that respect they are total clones. Highway Tune reads like they got one of their boomer dads to write the song for them.

Literal car commercial music