What's the music scene in your hometown like?

What's the music scene in your hometown like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0oOcdQSmvU
youtube.com/watch?v=S0nuB4nRPm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bar bands and metalcore.

I don't know.

the last time I went to a show one of the acts said "HEY WE'RE [band] AND WE DON'T LIKE RELIGION MUCH"
cringed and went for another beer. one-man bluegrass band up next was good though

square

The venues here that play punk music review the lyrics of the bands they bring on to make sure they're not problematic

I avoid the slums of town.

shitty country and shittier metalcore

loads of hip hop and rnb artists (my brother does hooks for quite a few rappers here and just opened a studio), from what I've heard from other people there's a dream pop/shoegaze scene here too but I don't know anything about it

I am not lesser for wanting to hear some shitty metal bands standing around with a bunch of smarmy faggots like you smoking shiity weed, drinking shitty beernand shmoozing it up.
I'm not a square your life is just fucking meaningless like you are literally such a fucking nutsack if your credentials for squareness is not knowing the music scene wherever you live. Grow the fuck up and get your priorities in order smellyboy,

then you're not a music fan, you fucking faggot

i'm saving "smellyboy" i haven't laughed that hard in a while

This. I have one friend who's a local musician and all he does is Power Electronics. He's not bad at what he does.
Everything else I've discovered from here, past or present, has been pretty shit, if not total shit.
The worst part is how PC the metal community is... of all fucking things, PC metalheads that consider themselves Black Metal. Disgusting.

I absolutely am a music fan you stupid little fuck, I play multiple instruments and listen to music religiously. Oh fuck me with a rake, I'm not at some dingy bullshit venue where some pop punk/metal/rap shit is going on, I guess I'm not a music fan!
Such an interesting criteria you have for things such as squareness and legitmacy for a music fandom so let's recap, I'm a square for not being on the scene, and not a real music fan for it either.
I think it might just you being an absolutely worthless, futureless, directionless, jaded, retarded, mouthbreathing waste of oxygen,

San Francisco is great. Very diverse, everything from bluegrass to E-40. Almost every big tour makes a stop somewhere in the Bay Area and even the small clubs in the City book some great acts.

then why aren't you playing music at your local scene? too cool to hang out with other musicians?

well im from memphis. at this point it's just a bunch of geriatrics playing tired blues licks and some rap.

It was the shit when I lived there. House shows with Pinegrove and Tawny Peaks on a regular basis was amazing. Even got to see Alex G in a basement in 2013.

The only good bands that ever came out of san antonio was the butthole surfers and fearless Iranians from hell.

There is something about this city that turns you into a lame dad

Atlanta

Some call it the capital of hip-hop, post 90s at least

Definitely a lot of other good and other notable acts, especially if you lump in Athens which can stand on its own as one of the kings of indie music towns

Bogans attempting to rap but doing it badly and some djent metalcore influenced band that moved the fuck away first chance they got.

Tim Duncan's dad style was /fa/ as fuck tbqh

Cover bands of glam rock and Led Zeppelin that play in bars

Hornsby is from here. Some girl in a family band called layman in terms. She's a pretty cute. I think she was on American idol it was a big dea here. She also plays the bass, it's pretty cool. Everyone wants to make it big in music here with their instruments. I can't recall his name but some dude plays the trumpet amazingly and is being spotted Also have a used to be friend that raps. He's actually pretty good and is trying to get spotted. I wish I was talented

it's pretty much the same here in Birmingham but we have a little trap/electronic scene that pops up in the spring and sticks around till November or so

studio music is superior to live music every time because you get to hear the music how it was specifcally meant to be heard with exact precision in its notes, not a variation of it played in a poor sound room and noisy faggots all around you.

>studio music is superior to live music every time

youtube.com/watch?v=t0oOcdQSmvU

youtube.com/watch?v=S0nuB4nRPm0

3/10 bait made me reply

Only notable band from here that I know of

>posts recording from a studio to say that studio music isn't as good

it's technically live on radio tho

'Alternative' blacks doing non Hip-hop covers of popular rappers or doing some type of rock/metal. Everyone else is trying to be a sound cloud rapper, R&B singer, or trap garbage while giving EVERYONE THEIR FUCKING MIXTAPE.

Atlanta gets annoying with the mixtapes all over the fucking place.

It doesn't exist

Mostly shitty rap music. There isn't much of a rock scene here. I live in SW Michigan.