Objective modern tv drama rankings

I have seen over fifteen thousand television shows and have studied all of them with great intensity. My experience assures that this is an objective list. Only shows which are finished or have ran for at least a few seasons are in the list, so to be more objective and try to rank the series as a whole (The Leftovers may have only ran for 2 seasons, but the upcoming third is the final one, so I count it as having ran long enough). This isn't definitive due to the staggering amount of television shows produced, so I only considered the more "important" shows as an example of my flawless taste.

>The Holy Trinity
The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad

>Great
The Shield, Friday Night Lights, The Americans, Hannibal, The Leftovers

>Mostly good, great at times
Battlestar Galactica, 24, LOST, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Six Feet Under

>Overrated shit
Game of Thrones, Dexter, The Walking Dead, House of Cards, Breaking Bad

ranking dramas is vey difficult because shows like game of thrones started out fantastic and then quickly went to shit. so you'd have to do it by individual season and then it gets way too convoluted. but I mostly agree with your rankigns except breaking bad is nowhere near as good as sopranos, deadwood or the wire.

Bump

Why is Breaking Bad simultaneously in The Holy Trinity as well as Overrated Shit? It obviously just belongs in Overrated Shit.

>>The Holy Trinity
>The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad

Without any judgment cast upon your choices (which are good), you need to know that trinity means three, bro. Get it together, man.

>Boardwalk Empire not even mentioned even though it's objectively superior to The Sopranos

tired of this meme

>The Holy Trinity
>lists four shows
3/10 made me reply

>Without any judgment cast upon your choices (which are good)

Alright...so a liitle judgment.

Shield should swap places with Mad Men or Deadwood imo

No Big Bang Theory?
Shit thread

I will never understand the boardwalk empire meme. The show is breaking bad tier

Boardwalk Empire is trash

Good shit, OP. Finally something I can agree with.

>The Sopranos
Stopped reading there

>The Holy Trinity
>lists 5 shows
wew lad

>sopranos
overacting, bad dialogues, shit directing. Plot is nice though,

Plebs detected

>Holy Trinity

Sopranos, Deadwood, Mad Men

>Great

True Detective, Six Feet Under, Fargo, Oz

>Good

Treme, The Wire, Rome, The Shield, Black Mirror, The Twilight Zone (some eps great, some shit averages here)

>Above Average

24, The Leftovers, The Americans, Breaking Bad, The X-Files, Game of Thrones

I regret my twilight zone placement already, I feel I gave most shows the benefit of the doubt and thought of their heights rather than their averages.

Bump TWZ up to Great, admittedly ranking shows in itself is flawed

watch it!

SHE WAS ABUSIVE TO THE STAFF

I guess add memewalk memepire to above average I forgot about it because its so whack

I'm on the final episode of the first season of Sopranos, I doubt it maintains this level of absolute peak quality throughout every season, but at the very least does it stay entertaining and not go to total shit like Dexter and Walking Dead?

>Junior smashing a pie in his girlfriends face
>Cunnilingus and Psychiatry brought us to this
>Tony's mother being the most realistically written manipulative mother character in the history of fiction

Good list, but I never understood the love for Treme. Or Deadwood past season one.

>comparing those pleb shows to The Sopranos

exactly, those shows are shit and I want to know if Sopranos stays good or has tons of filler and dumb plotlines and character flanderization (to shamfully use a tv tropes term)

>six feet under and oz better than the wire

It only gets better from there, and a lot darker towards the end.

Since you have Battlestar Galactica, 24 and Buffy up there shouldn't The X-Files be Holy Trinity-tier? Also Rome, True Detective S1. People vs OJ?

Are you high?

nigga get off dat pcp

not to over hype it, but season 1 is the "worst" season, in the sense that every season is better than the one that comes before it

>that comfy moment when you rewatch sopranos for the 100th time and get to experience gandolfini a hundred ameriburgers skinnier and still getting the hang of the character in season 1

Season 6 is the worst season

Season 1 is literally the worst season and its great

The Holy Trinity is Sopranos, Wire, and Six Feet Under

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Deadwood are all great but suffer from, respectively, meandering plotting (without sufficient character insight or development to justify the narrative bloating), thematic inconsistency and an over-reliance on caricature and plot contrivance, and the gradual transition from a balanced ensemble period drama with disciplined handling of multiple plotlines to a sloppy-plotted star vehicle.

first season is the worst one lol

The Sopranos is the default greatest TV show of all time. I don't care what anyone says. It opened the door for modern TV drama and made TV cool again.

>Not listing any anime

Now op how can you make a list like this and not include pic related? I mean your list is already bait due the fact you have a show i two categories and 4 shows under the "trinity" but at least have some respect for the great drama that this show is.

Deadwood S1 undoubtedly had some of the best characters in the series (Brom Garrett, Wild Bill, The Coward McCall) however it remains relatively consistent throughout.

Deadwood is the best thing HBO has ever featured

Forgetting about flight of the concords?

>not including W E S T W O R L D in god tier

amateur hour in here

>The Shield in "Great"
That is acceptable. I'd put it up there with The Sopranos, but I think that's only because it has the greatest finale ever.

Sopranos, Mad Men, and The Shield are probably the three best dramas I've seen. 9/10 for all three of 'em. What sets them apart is consistency.

More people need to see this.

believe it or not, it gets better

Does anyone care about Homeland anymore?

Season 1 was great, 2 was good, 3 was shit, 4 was great, 5 was meh.

It's a pasta

you have terrible taste, kys

My vote goes to Justified. Based main character and antagonist.