If you could see the future you wouldn't want to change anything and just accept your fate

If you could see the future you wouldn't want to change anything and just accept your fate

What did (((they))) mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it saying your future is set in stone and you can't change it basically saying there is no free will

There is free will. You made your choices, you just get to see them ahead of time.

they mean everyone is different and would act differently in this situation

If I knew I was going to die in an car accident 3 days from now, I sure as fuck wouldn't be driving my car on that day

Changing her future would have basically aborted the child she had come to know. Her inevitable sad demise would still be worth the memories shared. Pleb.

Yes, but that future which you see is the future set in stone. So if you decided to change that future that is already accounted in what you see.

If you see that in your future you will be hit by a car and become a cripple, you can decide to avoid car and streets for your whole life, but you will be hit by a car and become a cripple in one way or another because that is your future.

It's a basic temporal paradox, shouldn't be that hard to understand.

She could see into the future before even making the decision to have a child

>It's a basic temporal paradox, shouldn't be that hard to understand.
You're the one who asked in the form of a question without a question mark.

I was explaining to you that it doesn't mean there's no free will. There is free will.

Because we are less scared of the known than the unknown no matter how bad the known is.

What force is trying to make sure that you die though...the plot

Does anyone remember what happened with the fucking Chinese guy in this movie? It's been a while since I saw it in theaters, and I remember it being in there but not what actually happened.

>Louise returns as the camp is being evacuated. She has a new vision of herself at a future United Nations reception, being thanked by General Shang for convincing him to suspend the Chinese attack. He explains that she had called his private mobile telephone. He shows her its number, which he says he knows he must do without understanding why. In the present, Louise steals a satellite phone and calls Shang, but realizes she does not know what to say. Her vision continues with Shang explaining that she had convinced him by repeating his wife's last words in Mandarin, which he tells Louise. The planned Chinese attack is called off and the other nations resume contact with each other, as the spacecraft disappear from Earth.

lmao, that's so convoluted. Kinda cool tho

That's not how temporal paradoxes work, you moron.

Time doesn't work like Final fucking Destination.

It's pretty clever... the dialogue made clear that he also understood what was going on, for me the chinese general also gained somehow the knowledge how the language works at least a bit. That made it possible that that they could accept and understand the predestination,

ITT: People cannot understand time.

It's pretty simple. Free-will does, and it doesn't exist.

Given a universe where the amount of way atoms can unite and form objects, as is in our universe, and take one single assume,ption being, if we exist 'now' surely things have existed before.

Now. Things have happened before, maybe no way near how things happened in this universe, but the important part is, is it iterated itself again, it's existed again.

Wrong. See my pic, literally has no paradox, but allows for time-travel.
>time can work in such a way that has a fundamental paradox
Yeah, no.

If you want to experience an actual compelling approach to the philosophy of foresight you should be looking at Dune. They actually discuss free will vs determinism and how it leads intelligent creatures to act differently based on foresight. Foresight is gained by training to interpret the mechanics of our world and try to deduct the next state our universe will be in.

If the universe were to be deterministic it would be perfectly predictable. How could you change determinism to free will using those predictions? By predicting the future and changing your behavior, you change the course of time itself at which point you need to make a new prediction. This foresight is what allows free will. Arrival doesn't even scape the surface of it's own drivel.

Arrival is complete garbage on every level and defies it own stunted logic doing so.

the essence of arrival is not time travel

thats not time travel. thats universe travel

This is something we do all the time. If you see traffic light going orange you consider two options: I can make it in time so I accelerate or you start braking because you think it will be red by the time you will be there.

The difference is judgement vs knowledge. If you KNOW that it will be one or the other you will act accordingly, in a sense you may become trapped by your own future but in a way that sub-optimal choices are already eliminated. The thought of being hit by a car would never appear because you have already decided to avoid it.

There are no foresight paradoxes since from every reference point in time every possibility could be imagined. Issues arrive from the concept of time travel, because you would be combining the mechanics of linear time with that of non-linear time which is paradoxial.

Neither is Dune, but it makes an actual logical and compelling case for foresight based on the way we use it in our daily lives - enhanced by a mystery substance.

Time travel is paradoxical by nature.

Arrival's main narrative is not about the philosophy of foresight what the fuck.

You people latch on to some idea which you find interesting and you think it's all about that, some think the movie should explain all about the history of aliens, some wanted just a full om hard scifi with no time shifting perspectives and you wanted a movie completely focused on the non linear time perspective.

Try to be atleast a bit objective with your opinions please.

Then why aliens said that they will give them a gift and come back for their help in 3000years?
Arent they trying to change the future by giving them this language?

It's not that they see into the future. That's only level one. They see all time at once, they don't think in the past, present or future.

The future isn't set in stone. That's why the Chinese general told her to tell him the dying words. There was obviously a timeline in which she didn't tell him, and she picked the one where he tells her. It gets confusing up she's able to pick in the present different futures.

they meant that the screenwriter is bad and everyone who worked on this movie is either a cuck or secretly crying for help
youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg

>he didn't read Macbeth

>Arrival's main narrative is not about the philosophy of foresight what the fuck.

Did you miss the entire plot of the movie?

There are two plot lines
1) the alien question that is resolved by the main character receiving bits of information from the future in which the aliens exists, such as the language and the phone number

2) the visions of her family and knowingly choosing to fall in love with a man that she know will die of cancer

it means mankind will evolve in consciousness and needs to go through this part of karma first.

If you die at x instead of y, you've already broke time and cheated fate.

In order for a paradox not to occur, you would have to have died in the exact same way at the exact same time as you foresaw.

If any detail regarding the how, where and when is off, you've already cheated that prediction.

By knowing what happens in advance, Amy Adams should've been able to alter events. In fact, just by knowing about it she's already set up to change it in minute ways and cause a paradox.

>hello human we are squids from the future
>if you learn our language you can peer into the future
>unfortunately time is irrelevant and nothing matters
>well that's it gotta go, have a nice futile existence

I / we being the me that is us, is / are not linear entities.
We exist out side of time! Connected to all of our self, we are one self! The I, we are every moment of time, in every universe, and reality that make up the being that is I in existence.
the moment that is now is our incorporeal self connecting to a memory from one of our corporeal forms. Thus we feel as if we actually exist in this current moment in time.
Open your current self to connect to all of youroneself in every moment throughout existence.

>choosing to fall in love with a man that she know will die of cancer

wut

Did we watch the same flick?

Just finished watching the kino

Got a little too predictable and hamfisted with the nonlinear precognitive le moebious strip trope stuff towards the end and also a bit mary sue-ish imo

8/10 it was okay, one of the better kinos i've watched recently i'd say overall

as she was learning the language she was learning to exist in all time in her on timeline/reality.
she was connecting to her self from the future what was the present for us was also supposed to the the passed. They were her memories but also the present because she is connected to moment in her time

>Dude anti-NWO youtube libertarian vloggers are bad
>Dude we need a one world government
>Dude stronk womyn mary sue lead rawr

(((Hollywood))) has done it again

TRIGGERED

she didn't "see" her future, she experienced all of it and then decided it she wouldn't change a thing

retard

Then you are not seeing the future retard.

If the squids could eject people from the meeting hall at whim, why didn't they do the same to the rogue soldier who planted the bomb after they let him into the ship? Were they suicidal or something

What if I posessed King Crimson?