Budget: 20Million

Budget: 20Million
Gross: 9.3M

What went wrong? I honestly laughed quite a bit and it was like getting a bonus Lonely Island CD and a movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What was the best song and why was it Karate Guy?

I like to kick it. I'm a karate guy

> it was like getting a bonus Lonely Island CD and a movie.

Exactly what went wrong.

KEYAA

It was hardly promoted. I didn't see anything about it until after it was gone from theaters.

It came too late. Lonely Island isn't as popular as it used to be.

If Akiva had made this first those years ago, it would have done better

I didn't even know it existed until it popped up on a torrent site.

>Budget: $25.3 million
>Box office: $14,334,401
>On Metacritic, the film achieved an average score of 43 out of 100, based on 27 creviews, signifying "generally mixed reviews".[13] On Rotten Tomatoes, it holds a score of 40% from 105 reviews. The site's consensus reads "A few funny scenes can't save the disjointed Hot Rod, which is too silly and sloppy to hold up".

What went wrong?

lonely island and that guys style has gone out of style

Incredible Thoughts

Literally the worst one

I found this movie very funny

going in I was expecting to hate because of samberg

His tv show is losing viewers as well, probably on it's last season

What was the last comedy that haven't bombed? Seems like Adam Sandler's shit still makes money for some reason though.

If Brothers Grimsby or Popstar came out 5-7 years ago they would have been huge. Industry is fucked up.

Problem aren't the movies, rather it's Hollywood is nearly starless and will have no stars in a decade or two. This SNL kike can't put butts in seats, but is funded anyway.

Trips of truth, its almost like Hollywood is preparing itself for the Full CGI future where rebooted digital actors play every role needed in existence and actors aren't used anymore unless they are cheaper than CGI somehow.

>Mona Lisa, you're an overrated piece of shit

I know, I also thought that it really hit its mark most of the time on the cultural satire, especially regarding how people treat celebrities and reflect on the celebrity culture. That was literally a Sup Forums post parody.

Mariah Carey had easily the best cameo of the year when after Humble she said "I really can relate to Humble because I am the most humble person I know" that had me laughing for 2min. Good job on her for self-lampooning so well.

It's more that comedy works best in small quick doses and the internet and YouTube have made those small doses easier to access so why bother with a two hour movie when you can watch a six minute sketch online for free.

Just found out this bombed. A shame, it was a very good comedy.

Not as good as Popstar, but a solid comedy.

Lonely Island isn't exactly a hot product anymore.

too kino for pleb mainstream

fuck that song is so catchy

Hardly promoted...? Dude did you even take a step outside or pay your internet bill during the time it was advertised?

Things In My Jeep is my favorite because I can actually relate to it

shame, good show

I like Lonely Island songs, but how come movies Samberg starts in are always unfunny? Haven't seen Popstar yet, though

This better not be true because that show is legitimately funny.

Samberg is comedy poison.

I don't think it even got a release in my country

Honestly, flat out, I think what killed the movie was the 'signing the dick' scene. The target audience would probably be a bit homophobic and weirded out by that then Word of Mouth gets out and then nobody wants to go. Could have easily rewritten it so they fool Connor to go to Denver and meet his friend or maybe take him to the farm drunk or something.

>Me and my brother waiting for it to come out in australian cinemas
>It never got a cinema release here

At least it came out on dvd and bluray

This. Had it was relased during the first waves of JB sensation, it would have strike gold

Guys.

The trips are scaring me.

Really enjoyed it. It is definitely going to make its money back from online streaming, rentals, blue rays etc. It is too solid to not be a bit of a cult hit

It was alright like. I chuckled a bit but I was hungover. I think if I was in a sane state of mind I wouldn't have enjoyed it very much.

I laughed for a full 2 minutes of the falling scene.

I can't since I don't have a jeep to put stuff in it.

I think these kind of movies are only made for tax credit purposes or some other scheme.

Well when you are not a retard you realize a title like that will not sell well... but hey they are retards so.

It was the best comedy of last year by far. For some reason everyone saw deadpool instead (which is horribly overrated)

the fuck bin laden song

Best comedy of last year was Hunt for the Wilderpeople

? never heard of it

They honestly want us to believe they did that presentation without any rehearsel? How did Michael Bolton knew the lyrics? How the ballerinas were ready to go on stage? I mean, what the fuck Hollywood? It fucking killed my immersion, bro.

Karate Guy > Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song )> I'm So Humble > Equal Rights > Turn Up the Beef > Mona Lisa > Things in My Jeep > Ibitha > Incredible Thoughts > 2 Banditos

They took out the best song: youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY

This is the pinnacle of comfy middle-of-a-summer-day kino

Ghostbusters
Pitch Perfect
Pitch Perfect 2
Pitch Perfect 3
Trainwreck
Every Tyler Perry movie
Every Melissa McCarthy movie

A 2009 Insane Clown Posse parody song and a 2012 Macklemore parody song.

Maybe it's because these kinds of pop culture movies don't really have that long of a shelf life and this one was stale before it came out.

> "2003 called, it wants its easy target back"

It came out 5 years too late. Satirising boy bands and teen pop stars was a lifetime ago.

Maybe in 15 years time we'll get one where Andy Samberg has a meltdown on twitter and tells Bill Gates to sponsor him.

>implying twitter or bill gates will exist in 15 years

Shure there were some really funny moments, but rest of it is failed parody and cringe.

>Mcbain-lets-get-silly.jpg

Ghostbusters bombed. It was about $50m off breaking even, and that's being liberal, since they had ads during the NBA finals.

I hope that teaches women a lesson.

Uh huh...

I hope that teaches men a lesson.

>studios get all the box office take
From a studio perspective it bombed.

Right...

are you mentally handicapped?

Hrm....

Do you genuinely believe studios get the entire box office take? Do you think cinemas just run off charity? They get like 40-60% of domestic and like 30% foreign.

Ok bro....

Nobody like it because they didn't do I'm on a Boat or Threw it on the Ground.

>this goofy fuck gets to tap this ass whenever he wants
this is some fucking bullshit

Hollywood uses movies to launder money for sex trafficking.

They didn't even bother releasing it in my country because it obviously would have cost more to distribute it than they would've got on return.
I didn't even see any marketing for it either. You'd think a group like The Lonely Island would be master marketers considering their music videos probably have a cumulative billion views.

You should see Christina Hendrick's husband. Or Lara Stone's.

keyaaaaaaa

You could have cut out 30 minutes and it would have been better. That's not good for a 90 minute movie.

this

teen pop stars basically didnt exist in 15/16

i kept waiting for the interview part to be over and the movie to start and after 30 minutes it was still just famous cameos talking about a fake character. i assumed that was the whole joke and turned it off

They needed to make a movie back when I'm On a Boat or Dick in a Box was getting memed everywhere. So like 2009.

There was a bit of a story but that was the way they told the narrative a lot of the way through.

it's called mockumentary

This movie is based. Who gives a shit if it made some stuffy movie critic laugh or not, it makes every young person I know of laugh

This. And the availability of comedy TV shows on demand now that Netflix is widespread

people are tired of andy samberg's schtick. he's out of touch with current times as well.

lonely island made some funny youtube videos 10 years ago, but that's it.