Have you seen this before? I heard foreign countries don't have this kind of truck

Have you seen this before? I heard foreign countries don't have this kind of truck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gbZFv-o69V8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we have something similar but not the same

Please don't make it something related to fat people, I haven't had breakfast yet

I guess fat people could use it.. Don't know how well it'd work though

I've seen something like those in Europe; since the traditional apartments' hallways are too small for furniture to fit.

Those are cool, we have those as well

These I imagine are for people moving apartments, trying to get furniture that won't fit through the door.

Correct. But not because the hallways are too narrow. They just dont want to clog up the elevator

Yes I saw that here

What about the people living on the 30th floor?

They have one with an extremely long ladder. Not sure about 30th floor but I've seen one reaching 26th

We have them, they're for loner weaklings.

So you basically hire these not to slightly inconvenience your neighbours for half a day?

sounds a bit expensive for your average pleb

what the fuck thats not safe

lmao holy fucking shit

Why wouldn't it be safe?

I don't think they share the same concept of safety, this is what they do in case of fire

youtube.com/watch?v=gbZFv-o69V8

The harness is a bit sketchy, but that's basically a standard rescue set for working at heights.
If fire breaks out I have to do that from a 75m tower, only with a nylon rope, instead of metal.

Call me old fashioned but I wouldn't use a descender without an obvious break system, least of all a mechanical one with grabbing a rope with my bare hands as the backup

Cool. I never knew such a thing existed.

It is all included in the price when you hire a moving company.

But it has a break system, it uses a drum brake. You can clearly see he's going down slowly, that nylon rope is just something to hold on to if he wants to stop completely.

My rescue kit is almost exactly the same, only does mine have a handle so I can also hoist someone up with it (and get him out of his fall arresters), in case my team mate is incapacitated and I have to rescue him.

It feels scary to just jump down with a heavy fucker strapped onto you with just a thing like that keeping you alive, but it works.

Dude, it's still putting your life in a single line,even if you're using something like a Petzl ID you still have a backup with a screamer on it, relying on grabbing a line doesn't cut it and you really can't self rescue if something goes wrong unless they teach Koreans to improvise prussiks with their shoelaces.

Maybe I am a bit paranoid but I don't see how giving gear to civilians pros would never use is "safe"

Of course not because how could you possibly fit stuff through small windows? Doorways are way bigger. Plus what if something falls? Most decisively, all apartment complexes have elevators. It's the same thing already built in...

This is the kit I have to use. I just clip it to my harness. No secondary cables or anything.
It's a rescue kit, not a working line. It's just attaching it to a safe point, attaching it to your harness (were the brake goes depends on the situation) and then just jump down. It goes down at 0,8m/s, with one hand you can grab the rope and you can stop if you have the brake on your harness.

Here we have some windows being way bigger, so you can get things in that wouldn't fit via a door/stairway.

So you use that as a backup when working heights? Does that thing still work if you fall head down?

No, that's purely used in an emergency, it's on top of the towers. We have fall arrest lanyards as back-ups and positioning lanyards while working at heights.

The rescue kit will be attached to my harness, which is a proper working harness, at chest height, it will cause your legs to go down first.

Still man, having a double static with an anchor, a biner and an atc would be a lot less room/weight, fool proof reliable and all it takes is proper training to use. But to each their own, I wouldn't want to think they're giving people this gear on just not wanting to deal with the liability of misuse, which ironically enough can be easier with these devices.

There used to be some trouble with some older devices as people either grabbed the rope, meaning the rope wasn't going fast enough for the brake to hit in, or they grabbed the device, which used to disengage the cam. This one doesn't appear to have this second flaw but still it would be hard to unweight if it engaged unless it has some sort of release... What I'm getting at is it looks bad to me, but hey, if the safety record is there who am I to judge?

Interesting, I wasn't expecting someone to actually comment on using one of these. Stay safe man.

What is more fool proof that having two hooks, one for the eye, one for yourself and a single device that slows you down automatically (and that can't be bypasses, as it uses a centrifugal brake)?
Yes, there could be safer (if properly trained) and smaller packages, but we're talking emergency situations.

>Stay safe man.
I will, I hope I never have to use my rescue kit for real.