Octavia Spencer Buys Out Hidden Figures Screening on MLK Weekend for Low-income Families

>Octavia Spencer kicked of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day weekend with a generous gift in honor of her late mother.

>The 46-year-old actress offered a free screening of her critically acclaimed film Hidden Figures for families in need — buying out Friday’s 8 p.m. showing at a Baldwin Hills movie theater in Los Angeles.

>“If you know a family in need that would like to see our movie but can’t afford it have them come,” Spencer wrote on Instagram, captioning a hand-painted watercolor image of her character in the movie by artist Stella Blu. “It’s first come, first served.”

>“My mom would not have been able to afford to take me and my siblings. So, I’m honoring her and all single parents this #mlkweekend,” she added. “Pass the word.”
people.com/movies/octavia-spencer-buys-out-hidden-figures-screening-low-income-families/

Wow at least someone in Hollywood isn't greedy

Other urls found in this thread:

uptownmagazine.com/2015/04/fans-call-octavia-spencer-nasty-bitch-rude-behavior-book-signing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is actually pretty nice thing

>Paying people to watch her film and spread word about her as an actress
How selfless.

>spread the word among people who can't pay for movies

Could have paid for them to see a good movie though

WE WUZ JENERUS N SHEIT

This. Watch the stormfags use mental gymnastics to paint this as a bad thing for America.

#SLAY

>giving lazy welfare queens more handouts is good
fuck off, Bernout

I voted for Trump. Kill yourself.

Anymore boogeymans? No le poleeee today?

Wow, I'm retarded. Meant to respond to this faggot.
What are you even trying to say?

It'd be a nice thing if it wasn't for her movie. If she bought a bunch of tickets for any movie and gave them out then it'd be nice. This is just her supporting her own film that perpetuates lies about the black community.

>not wanting to see a comedy for free
Come on, dude.

wtf i love nigger women now

Can you exchange cinema tickets for liquor?

That theater is going to be loud as fuck. Also, how do black people see each other in the theater? Is that why they're so loud, they're not sure where anyone is?

Even money is on half those low income blacks trying to scalp their free tickets for money.

>"I know my brothas and sistas can't buy cinema tickets with food stamps, so I'll let 'em watch my movie fo free!"

>Birth of a Nation turns out to be a shitty movie rejected by SJWs over some bullshit
>they start hyping this shitty movie like crazy so they can give it an oscar
>fuck this planet

>That theater is going to be loud as fuck.
The part where the sassy black woman throws some sass at the grumpy white dude is gonna cause shockwaves.

She wants to get the movie all the attention it can get, in hopes of an award. She doesn't give a fuck about the people, she is a sellout

>Octavia Spencer kicked of Martin Luther King
>kicked of
>of

REEEEEEEEEE

>it wins an oscar
>fat black women thank the 'inspiration' behind this 'true story'
>camera cuts to a single 3/4ths white woman
Sounds kinda funny actually.

Will she give them free snacks too?

>not giving them tickets for Silence instead

Very kind of her

>Crabs legs are first come first serve

You guys want to camp out in front of the theater

>I voted for Trump.
>Wow, I'm retarded.

You already told us that.

Wtf I love niggers now

LOL (Laughing Out Loud)

EPIC

I was working during this. Literally 3/4 of these dumb niggers ended up getting refunds because they couldn't even really comprehend the movie.

uptownmagazine.com/2015/04/fans-call-octavia-spencer-nasty-bitch-rude-behavior-book-signing/

Families in need of what? Nobody needs to see your fat ass acting like you're smart, that's what Sup Forums is for.

>I subsidised the propaganda to make retarded blacks believe that sub-saharan Africans have ever made a positive addition to civilisation

Who the fuck actually would pay to see that movie? The box office returns are making me scratching my head. I had no idea this thing existed outside Sup Forums. It's such a niche subject and the cast is full of literally who's.

Sup Forums here and I'm glad to see rich niggers giving back to their communities

hope to see more like this tbq

>Getting refunds on a film they did not pay for

I find your story has a few holes in the premise

>person on Sup Forums with a job

This also rouses suspicion

>Gee, thanks Octavia! These free tickets to your latest movie will definitely help me feed my family this week. How generous of you!

The stupid bitch just had her people hand out the tickets, it wasn't a coupon or anything, so they were all eligible for refunds. Most of them got taken by the grabby niggers already there to see different movies.

This is literally the plot of a 30 Rock episode where Tracy does the same thing.

Nobody thinks that this is a bad thing. Maybe you're actually the racist?

Sounds more like self righteous masturbation