Is Lazio South Italy?

Is Lazio South Italy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O3ApPRJXtiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the most correct definition of southern italy is the territories that were part of the kingdom of two sicilies and the territories who speak a dialect of the southern/extreme southern kind,therefore only southern lazio is southern italy,the rest of the region is central italy

"No".

Forgot pic

romans will tell you no since no one wants to be associated with terroni but Lazio is 100% terrone
the only reason they're somewhat better off than the rest of the south is because the capital is there and even with that they don't manage to stay on the same level as the north, in true terrone spirit

literally money vacuum: the region

If we're terronis Marchigiani are terroni too. They pretty much speak the same dialect as us, have the same accent, share the same history, have a lower GDP per capita.

this. Viterbo and maybe Rieti are central Italy, the rest is pure terronia

>money vacuum
Yeah sure, that's why we have 2 subway lines in a 4 million inhabitants city.

blame your corrupt politicians

I'm not saying it's other regions' fault, but to say that Lazio and Rome get a lot of money from the central government is plain bullshit.

lazy-o

yeah probably

not directly, but being the fucking capital + being the seat of all those ex-public firm (ENI, Enel,.....) sure sucks lotsamoney in your direction

Rome has always been more developed than the rest of Italy, even under the Pontifical State.

>inb4 it was still a capital
Yeah what do you expect?

>oh look it's another thread filled with italians shitflinging at each other

fuck off balkan terrone

>Greeks are still buttmad that they lost Syracuse
Don't worry, we understand.

It's actually 3 metros and 3 million people

Beyond the Po Italy is no more

If anything, it does the exact opposite. Rich businessmen and politicians spend money in the local economy and keep businesses going. That's what I've noticed while working in the city center.

METRO C WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE FUCKING MOON BABY

>Linea C
>connects the extreme periphery to a station outside the city center with no direct link to the other metros
>in Milan, meanwhile, they're building the fifth line passing through the Airport
Eh

Regarding the population, excluding areas such as Fiumicino, the Roman Castles, Pomezia, Monterotondo, Tivoli etc.etc. doesn't reflect the reality.

Interesting how the south got worse after unification.
Not a southerner, if you're wondering.

That has more to do with the North booming more than the South getting worse IMO. The only real loser from the unification was Naples, too close to Rome to be relevant.

SAY IT AFTER ME
S T O L E N
G O L D

the north became industrialized

the south didn't

This

t. neoborbonic

Stealing gold

Ta set de Berghem?

Fun fact: Montecompatri-Pantano is actually farther than the moon

>when teenagers from san cesareo tell you metro c will arrive to them in their lifetime

>emirate of southern Italy

Should have stopped at Grotte Celoni.

Well, hopefully they'll ppen the new San Giovanni station in October, plus they're still working on the Colosseo station. Honestly, this city needs more streetcars than subway since the average roman like my father hasn't taken public transport in years. The streetcars could actually bother people driving and finally pushing them to take publuc transport.

Abruzzo is NOT South
At least L'Aquila e Teramo surely are not

Lazio is central Italy. When people insist in breaking the country in just north/south, it's invariably counted as north tho.

>this is what roman(ians) actually believe

Why tho? Borghesiana and Finocchio have had a real estate boom in the past ten years; people want to move to quieter neighbourhoods since the city is neurotic as hell

It's the truth. The north/south division means jackfuckingshit anyway, the whole central italian linguistic block should count as terronia imo. Fact is however, that they aren't counted that way.

He must be joking lol.

Central Italy helped Borghezio get elected to the European Parliament. You should be thankful.

T. Abr*zzese

>You should be thankful they helped to elect fucking Borghezio
Gee thanks.

>Rome needs more streetcars than subways
Apart from some very specific lines (TVA,Togliatti) fuck no. The problem are the link between suburbs, whose distance are too long to be covered by tramways, unless there is enough space to do an express line, such as in Togliatti Avenue.

>they would bother blablabla
They should just imitate area C

>San Giovanni in October
January 2018 is more realistic

What's the point of a subway passing every 12 minutes?

I would rather wait 12 minutes for a subway than (and may allah forgive me for uttering this word) c*tral

I visited Rome and Naples before. Romans and Napolitans are very different. South Italians are barely human.

were you wearing a napoli football shirt?

Nipbro setting the record straight.

Of course, but you should admit that it isn't exactly the best investment one could have made. I don't know how much it costed to adapt the stations though, so maybe the cost was so low that it was irrelevant to make it reach Pantano. Now that I think of it, I also think it had to with the deposit being in Graniti.

>he doesn't enjoy mini-romania on wheels

marchigiani ARE terroni dude

Then we can all agree that Lazio is central Italy, but Central Italy itself is terrona.

haha si lol

I've lived close to Casilina street for almost 20 years and I can tell you it was a pretty good investment. The traffic was always shit, the train almost never worked. Now people from outside the city can go to work in 20 minutes and there have been more investments and restructuring of public places in Centocelle and other neighbourhoods

REMOVE 'aa tojjatti remove it
you are worst arteria. you are the centocelle idiot you are the centocelle smell. return to prenestina to our prenestinian cousins you may come our city you may live in the bioparco

t. fascistello di monteverde

soltanto la provincia di ascoli piceno Tbh

hmm

Centocelle is not that bad now 2bh.

What will you say to your children when they will ask "Dad, why didn't you invest in Eastern Rome?"

t. youtube.com/watch?v=O3ApPRJXtiY

Centocelle will be the new Pigneto as soon as they open the Colosseo station

A lot of bars already opened actually (Some friends of mine from Aprilia even know "Er Veneziano" in Centocelle), but as a lot of bar owners say, it is unlikely that it will become the new Pigneto/San Lorenzo/Trastevere, simply because it doesn't have the narrow streets that are needed to have a critical mass. Not that it is a negative thing, Pigneto and San Lorenzo are involved in a lot of smuggling,

I see it more becoming like Viale Libia, just a nice residential area, well connected to the rest of Rome, that has pretty much everything.

I mean, Centocelle is already a residential area, with people coming from different class and ethnic backgrounds, and it is also quite a big neighbourhood with large places to meet other people, so it's one of the most vibrant parts of the city, but it could actually become more than that. Rent is still very low (4-500€/month), so once the connection with Metro B is active, lots of students attending La Sapienza could flock there. Not only that, but Centocelle is well connected with Tor Vergata in terms of public transport and the situation could actually improve, so in a sense a large group of students could meet there and experiment in coworking and create startups and stuff like that. I met an MP's wife and she told me that these are very interesting times for the neighbourhood and would.like to live there because she loves it, which is really weird. You wouldn't imagine a politician living in Centocelle.

>so once the connection with Metro B is active, lots of students attending La Sapienza could flock there
Centocelle is already well connected to Sapienza with the tramway 19 and the 542.
Also, Centocelle has pretty much already boomed. When I was in high school there was not even one fast food, even gelaterias were somehow rare. Now there is literally anything you can imagine of, even not basic things such as a school of language and Spas.

There were a lot of evictions and a lot shops shutted down but were replaced pretty soon. I agree that it still hasn't reached it maximum potential, and I actually think reaching San Giovanni will be enough for it to flourish.

There are plenty of beer shops, some vegan restaurants, there is also a bike shop I think, even brunches are easy to find:anything a hipster would like to have is already here.

But I seriously doubt it will become something like Pigneto. The gentrification has already started, but it will never become like San lorenzo or Pigneto.

That doesn't mean I don't think young people won't arrive. But there will be no smuggling, no mega bars, no nightlife till dawn.

>Centocelle is already a residential area
I probably should have said "commercial area". But anyway you get the point, Centocelle used to be a neighborhood with thousands and thousands of people but no services.