Just rewatched TDK for the first time in years (excellent movie...

Just rewatched TDK for the first time in years (excellent movie, a lot better than I remember it being) and it made me curious about Heath Ledger's other work, since I hadn't seen him in much. And I see that he really was not in a particularly huge amount of stuff - his death clearly cut off his career before it had the chance to really take off.

That said, what are your favorite Heath Ledger works? He did a spectacular job as The Joker, so that goes without saying, of course.

I'm glad he is dead.

Brokeback Mountain shhh don't tell!! :3

Ten Things I Hate About You.

Edgy.

All jokes aside, easily Brokeback Mountain.

People meme a lot about it, but is it genuinely a good film?

yes, it might be the best romantic drama of the past 15 years. people were just really really nervous and kind of weird about gay stuff becoming mainstream so they turned everything about it into a meme.

best movie of the century so far

Isn't everything so much better in retrospect?

This movie was where I discovered Paul Bettany and Alan Tudyk. I've watched movies entirely because Paul Bettany was in them as a result. It's great.

Four Feathers or Knight's Tale, depending on the mood I'm in.

The Patriot. I liked that Gabriel was more balls-to-the-wall than Martin was at first. Before his father and baby brother go bloodily berserk on those bloodycoated blokes.

10 things I hate about you because it's also got that qtpie Julia Stiles

and Ned Kelly

For Ledger himself? Easily Lords of Dogtown.

yes

Lately I'm doing that but for Gary Oldman.

Makes sense. I'll give it a shot. Probably burn it to a DVD with other movies I feel awkward about borrowing from the library like American Psycho.

Side note, where do people download movies these days? I used to use KAT but they died and I haven't done any movie downloads since then. I guess TPB would still work but is there anything better?

>Probably burn it to a DVD

For what porpoise?

I like to watch films on my enormous television screen and it's easier than hooking up a bunch of stuff.

Pure, unadulterated kino.

>Watching 480p DVDs on an "enormous tv"

Jesus Christ

>buying blank dvds and burning shit to them
>easier than buying one cable to run from your PC to your television

No it's not, mate. Also with the cable you actually get to watch them in good quality, instead of DVD-rip quality.

Candy

surprised no one mentioned two hands. probably his opus imo

This and a Knight's tale. Really good movies, enjoyable and fun.

brahhhhh, narly choice man

Fuck yah I love that movie.

Two hands is most likely his second best film after the dark night, seriously go watch this film, one of the best aussie films of all time. If you watch it before this thread is down please let me know what you thought.

Julia Stiles in that movie makes me really horny. Her tabletop dance scene is pure sex.

Yes. It's funny how two guys manage to pull off making the best love film in recent years without even trying. Shows you how women are truly just glorified incubators/jizz rags.

>having a pc next to your tv

Lmao no wonder you fags are shut in virgins. I bet you also still play video games.

>he's a poorfag who can't afford a decent laptop and so has to rely on fucking DVD-rips in 2017

I bet you also never netflix and chilled.

Monster's Ball, because he shoots himself lel

Not like it has the best sex scene in any movie or anything either.

I own the DVDs already so it's cheaper not to have to buy anything. I've been stretching these blank DVDs for years.

And, the files I download are in 720p or higher so I don't know where you get the impression they'd be 480p. I mean, it's still a Blu-ray player.

This is quality bait. Anyway this thread has convinced me to finally watch BBM.

Really? "I bet you still play video games" is very common bait on this site. Certainly not particularly high quality.

I doubt I'll get around to it so fast but your passion has intrigued me. I'll be sure to create a thread about it when I do watch it.

I will keep an eye out for when you do :)

besides 10 Things, I really liked this movie

Such a wide variety of choices in here. Was Ledger a perfect actor? Did everything he touch turn to gold?

Thirded