STAR TREK: DIVERSITY.. I mean DISCOVERY

>First Officer is a Lt.Commander
>Klingon captain
>Other main characters are a science officer and a guy who specializes in fungi in space

This is going to be fucking awful.

Fucking Klingons.

>Klingon captain

WHAT?

>Talking shit about Klingons

>Klingon captain

What a fucking terrible idea. Klingons are without a doubt the most stubborn and temperamental race in Star Trek. Put a Klingon in 90% of the situations Kirk or Picard did and they end up dead or in the destruction of the enterprise.

Source?

>Aliens in positions of power
NOT MY FEDERATION!

are you smoking weed you made in the replicator again dude.

Star trek has literally always been diversity the show.

>klingon captain
>pre Kirk / khitomer accords
wtf you on about

>tfw no galactic wall and federation get over run by disloyal illegal aliens

The more times change the more they stay the same.

I think it's good that Trek is being a tv series again. It's hard to judge it right now but it's more interesting than a new reboot movie

This. Worf made a good security head, but he can't fucking negotiate or think his way out of situations. And he's the rational and soft Klingon.

How is there a pre klingon captain pre TOS?

It's gonna crash and burn. Splitting Viacom ruined Star Trek's chances.

Vulcan captain with klingon 1st officer when?

I don't like diversity, but it is kind of a standard thing for ST. Just like they always have an autist for us to identify with.

As long as they don't make the minorities look good I am fine with it. Would love if they made racist/red pilled comments like how some race is criminal like gypsys or that klingons comes as immigrants/refugees and rape everyone in their way. just like in real life with rapefugees.

Because they didn't learn from Enterprise.

For fucks sake, give us SOMETHING set after DS9/VOY/'09. There is a BUTTLOAD of potential for stories there.

Don't give me any "But ST:O!" bull, I want TV stories.

Even going full diversity, most aliens you encounter are just humans with shit on their foreheads, so they're mostly going to be white. Star Trek's basically already done every ethnicity that you can think of, maybe not Arabs yet? Jews wouldn't exist by then by because no religion does except for drunken indians.

>I didn't watch DS9

The captain must be human because the captain needs to be able to respond to many types of situations appropriately. This is not possible with a Klingon, Vulcan, or android captain because they are limited by their race's idiosyncrasies.

No I haven't, still working through TNG, where Klingons are barely accepting of the Federation as it is, how could any of them be officers any earlier than TNG?

QAPLA'ED

The Klingons have a different ship.

We still don't know who the captain of the Discovery is (it's not Michelle Yeoh either, she has her own ship).

OP is either misinformed or lying.

Please stop falling for it.

It would be interesting with a bad captain for once. Someone that fuck everything up all the time.

I know it is ST but it would be nice with a bit less "crew of mary sues".

DS9 is the best imo. Sure some anoying parts and the first seasons are not so interesting, but the rest is best.

>It would be interesting with a bad captain for once. Someone that fuck everything up all the time.
You can watch Enterprise for that.

I agree another 100 year jump could breath new life

Religion is there, but mostly "muh spirituality" or stuff that just is about traditions. VEry little real faith. Except DS9, and that was not super deep faith stuff.

Id like a show about them leaving the edge of the galaxy for intergalactic space and the creepy shit they find out there where there are no stars.

So there's a Klingon ship, Michelle Yeoh's shop and MC's Feddie ship.

you don't even need to do a time skip, there's shit like:
- adjusting to life after a war
- let's explore the gamma quadrant some more
- oh shit this ship just came back for fuckoff far away with lots of new info
- oh shit romulus fucking bit the dust
leaving the galaxy is super hard to do in star trek, and it's not like there'd be much out there

>what was the saratoga

Sucks for Romulus. What a huge part of the galaxy to go.

Well yeah they struggle to quickly travel from on side of the galaxy to another so intergalactic distances would be huge to them. Lets assume advances in warp technology or wormholes or something.

There being nothing there and no stars just seems creepy to me. Like the bottom of the ocean.

Id love a startrek that was about creepy space and mystery.

I never got the love for Klingons. I've never found them to be compelling from either a dramatic or worldbuilding standpoint. The Klingon cosplayers are also the most irritating fucks at conventions.

Inb4 Klingon captain raised by humans

I think I posted this in another thread, but the issue with a post ds9/nemesis show is marketabilit. Discovery's only hope for survival is pulling in some fans of the 09 reboot movies, and those viewers would be totally lost.

Funny you say that but in nu trek spock is literally better in the captains chair every time

Who was the autist in ds9??

>Klingon captain of a federation ship in Kirk's era

I just realised how fucking ridiculous this would actually be

Why did I swallow the bait

>complaining about diversity in fucking star trek

the amazing transforming liquid-bucket man

Get this fella's, there's some wazoo new televised serial called the Star Treks and jeepers will you guess what diversity they're trying to shove down our throats?
>A negress
>An oriental, possibly homosexual? must investigate further
>A no-good dirty commie ruskie
>Some pointy eared freak who looks a bit jewish if you ask me
>And worst of all, the "engineer" on this freak show is a goddamn filthy SCOT
Well I can't wait for this to fail hard.

quads have spoken

>possibly homosexual? must investigate further
kek